Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 07-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Wicked Willow

Nudity does not automatically carry sexual connotations.

As for combining sex and spirituality: naturally, I would not let children participate in anything sexual, but our culture goes to ludicrous lengths when it comes to somehow shielding children from all knowledge of how procreation works. This negative fixation is quite absurd, especially considering that most people throughout history shared a single room with the whole family, undoubtedly not making a big deal out of one of the most natural aspects of their lives.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Willow
Nudity does not automatically carry sexual connotations.

As for combining sex and spirituality: naturally, I would not let children participate in anything sexual, but our culture goes to ludicrous lengths when it comes to somehow shielding children from all knowledge of how procreation works. This negative fixation is quite absurd, especially considering that most people throughout history shared a single room with the whole family, undoubtedly not making a big deal out of one of the most natural aspects of their lives.

Exactly. We need to move away from the catholic " sex is only for after marrige, other wise its a dirty sin" attitude.
Old 20-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Any belief system given to a child is the first step in making the child stupid, let them make their own choices in spiritual matters.

Hello

While I would not go to use the term "Stupid" I feel that children should be free in spirit to find what fits to them....and have the open upbringing to explore many a religion and beleif. Being forced down the family path of religion I rebelled and at one point almost took me life....

As long as what me kids want to explore does not cross the lines to "cult" status I would embrace it....as long as I knew about it...and could keep watch on what went on.

When it comes to nudity WHY do we so turn that into things sexual. It does not have to be all aobut sex....does it. We come in naked and are rushed off and diapered and dressed.

There are many a ritual I took place in that I was NUDE in and it was never a sexual experience, nor is a walk on a nude beach....if ye are there for that reason then one is there for the WRONG reason.

Lynn
Old 20-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Occultist

LOL No person has ever been told you "HAVE TO GO SKYCLAD" never ever ever and I know lots of covens in the states and out so if you can show me proof of a coven that you Have to go skyclad I would be greatful.
Also yes I kow many Wiccans who go Skyclad and are solitary. There is no right or wrong way what you think a Goddess cares if your naked or not? Why cant Solitarys in your point of view go Skyclad?
I think the words really be free should cover naked so many people are ashaimed of there own bodys and are scared to even walk through there homes naked untill you are free of thinking naked as a sexual thing you will never be free to walk skyclad. Do I go Skyclad when I am not in my coven away yes.. Will I go Skyclad with a mate to preform rituals of my or his choosing of course. Winter soltice I will be Skyclad to bare my soul and to remember the darkest day is just before the time its starts getting a little brighter longer. Winter soltice to me is a Goodbye of one year and a welcoming of the next will I be cold yes... Will I be in snow LOL yes will I be skyclad yes. But that is who I am.. But nowhere and nobody I have ever met witch or wiccan or both has ever said have to in anything.
Old 20-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Occultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

While I would not go to use the term "Stupid" I feel that children should be free in spirit to find what fits to them....and have the open upbringing to explore many a religion and beleif. Being forced down the family path of religion I rebelled and at one point almost took me life....

As long as what me kids want to explore does not cross the lines to "cult" status I would embrace it....as long as I knew about it...and could keep watch on what went on.

When it comes to nudity WHY do we so turn that into things sexual. It does not have to be all aobut sex....does it. We come in naked and are rushed off and diapered and dressed.

There are many a ritual I took place in that I was NUDE in and it was never a sexual experience, nor is a walk on a nude beach....if ye are there for that reason then one is there for the WRONG reason.

Lynn
Well spoken Lynn.. and Happy holidays.