Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 07-01-2012, 05:14 AM
feralfae

Quote:
Originally Posted by windwhistle
That's right. I was born a witch. Take away the Wicca religion, the Wiccan mythology, the spiritual training, the entire journey of my life...and what do you have...A Witch.

Witches are not made. Real witches are drawn to Wicca because it is a place that resonates with them...although not always entirely as there is a lot of myth to Wicca.

Real witches try many different spiritual paths...always seeking Truth for the knowing that is already inside of them.

I do not believe witches are made. Either you are or you aren't and no amount of learning will make you one if you aren't. You can call yourself a Priestess but that is just a title and of the ego. The witch's journey is an inward one and often lonely. It is shamanistic...it is not ordinary. Witch's are truly different...they hear colors, feel sounds and intuit what is truly going on. The trick for the witch is to be in the world...though she is never of it.

Umm. I was born a witch too. A Priestess, I am not. But witchcraft CAN be learned, there ARE many sensitive, empathic, gifted, and so on people who are NOT witches, and many people try different paths, regardless of whether or not they are witches. None of it makes anyone any better or worse than anyone else. Just different. One of my partners just made an excellent point: "Genetic advantage is just that."

I'm not trying to pick a fight. I just don't want people to be turned off of witchcraft for lacking "witchy" traits or feel pressed into it because they have them.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:33 PM
LadyMoondancer

raising energy and making magick is inborn to ALL humans. all children have it. they are just taught not use it and it gets dormant.

Some adults have more open minds than others and are willing to do the work necessary to re-learn the psychic ways they were born with.
Old 07-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Lostgirl

Its hard because i feel i was born with certain "skills" shall we say, and ive ALWAYs been drawn to witch craft. My problem is that my skills are dormant and they just kind of happen. I cant control it i just know when its happened....Im not being very descriptive here am i lol. My point is to some extent i agree with lady that we are born with a skill its just dormant because we arent taught how to use it.

However i agree strongly with the fact that witch craft can be taught, its not something you have to be born with the skills for. I think its the drive and the passion for it that you need!
Old 11-01-2012, 01:37 AM
thesongbirdsaresinging

I haven't read through all the posts here so if someone already mentioned this sorry, but Wicca and witchcraft aren't the same thing. Wicca is a religion, witchcraft is a practice.
And anyone can a witch with practice. I don't mean to be rude but I don't believe you can be born a witch. It's something learned, not inbred. Newborn babies aren't going to be sitting around casting spells. Adults who are born into "witch bloodlines" won't be casting spells either unless they were taught or learned by themselves.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:43 PM
LadyMoondancer

songbirds,

while I agree with what you said, I believe that some bit of "talent" may be inherent in a family. For example, I, and my two sisters, and one neice are all living in different cities. Each one of us, starting in our teens, and independentaly of each other, began studying the occult. My eldest sister is Theodish Heathen, my next sister converted to Judaism, but retains her "mystical" side. While I and my neice (my eldest sister's daughter) are both Wiccan and practice the Craft. All four of us raise energy (casting spells if you want to call it that) and are quite successful. Where did it come from? We were all raised Roman Catholic. - and my older brother (who lived in Arizona and passed away in 2003, also studied the occult and considered himself Pagan.
Old 13-01-2012, 02:38 AM
feralfae

IMO, everyone has more gifts than humanity at large seems to be aware of. Some of these gifts are universal in nature. Others gifts are specific to certain people. For example, everyone has talents. But for one person, it may manifest as clairvoyance, while another person is better at energy healing. I think some people are born with at least some awareness of these gifts, while others discover them later and some people never realize them. I think the knowledge and acceptance of these gifts in the environment one is raised in can have a lot to do with an individuals early recognition and acceptance of these traits, and with making it less likely for an individual to forget about, dismiss, or reject them.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Ascender
I'm a roman catholic of 16 and I'm quite lost. I've always think all thoses thing we call 'psychycal' are normal. I don't know why but sometimes I feel like I've already done it in another life and that maybe someday I'll recall it. I'm also drwan to witchcraft and divination.Not to wiccan just to witchcraft,I know it's not the same thing. It's not tolerate in roman catholicism ,but I don't believe that If we use witchcraft and divination to do good we'll go to hell or something like that. in fact I believe in quite a lot's of thing who are not really catholic belief, like reincarnation.

Why do I post it here ? Just because I understand what you talk of being born a witch, I can't call myself a witch but I understand to be born like feeling you are drawn to witchcraft. I just want to use witchcarft for good thing for example there's a spell I want to do to protect my house from negative entities or one who is candle magic I think, but for the moment I'm just lost, because I fell drawn to it but know my family won't accept it..
Old 01-02-2012, 08:40 AM
Master
Vicky, drop the "witch" thing, just call it Craft. Don't get hung up on "black" or "white" - it is all in your intent and purpose. If your focus is pure, then so will be the result. Craft, witchcraft, magic - whatever you want to call it - is the use of natural Earth energies and is completely neutral.
Divination - all the methods used commonly are just tools which fire up your own intuition.

"If we use witchcraft and divination to do good we'll go to hell"
Now that is really funny given that Catholicism is riddled with ritual "magic" and worships "graven idols". It even has three deities to worship. All very pagan !
As to your family - go your own way but be subtle about it.
Best of luck ! [ by the way "best of luck" is an incantation, a magical "spell" if you put your whole Will and Intent behind it ]
Old 01-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Occultist

Good Point Norse almost all Christian celebrations is based on Paganism.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:17 PM
LadyTerra

Greetings Everyone:

I am a natural born practioner of MagickalGifts! LOL

The Gift is hereditary in my family and I have been asked to leave several Wiccan Sites for saying so--apparently many Wiccans do not ascribe to the idea of HereditaryMagick.

Peace and Love on the path of your choice...

Blessed be...

P.S.

Vicky--please be very careful--you are still a minor and dependent upon your family's good graces--(perhaps) it would be wise to wait until you are an adult before delving any deeper. You will have more freedom when you have a secure place of your own.