Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-02-2017, 07:43 PM
Experiencer
Fear and anxiety

Hi
I just wanted to share my recent experience. I have been working on myself for about 6-7 years now but have always struggled with anxiety. Over the last 6 months however, I have made some great progress on myself but now these feelings of fear are starting to become stronger.

I realize that I have to go through this as part of 'the journey'. But, I think it is only going to get worse before it gets better. I have been through a lot, but have always managed to endure and come through it. I am guessing this fear is very deep rooted hence all the resistance I am feeling.

Has anyone gone through a similar experience with their fears and conquered it? Think I am just looking for some moral support and to hear other peoples success to help keep me strong. Thanks!
Old 13-02-2017, 08:03 PM
Experiencer
Lets do it together! What is it all about?
Old 13-02-2017, 08:57 PM
Master
Oh goodness yes, I've been experiencing plenty of anxiety recently! I try to sit with the feeling, focus my attention on it and allow it to release (allow being the operative word - if you try to force it, it generally gets worse), though it can get so overwhelming at times that I have to get up and do something physical - yoga, for example (I'll do poses that target the specific area in which I'm feeling anxiety - cat-cow, for example, or extended child's pose, or bridge pose), or maybe I'll go for a walk. Good to get moving, I think, to loosen everything up. Or you could try a breathing technique such as the 4-7-8 technique, which helps to oxygenate your blood and relax your muscles.

Hope that helps
Old 13-02-2017, 09:02 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Oh goodness yes, I've been experiencing plenty of anxiety recently! I try to sit with the feeling, focus my attention on it and allow it to release (allow being the operative word - if you try to force it, it generally gets worse), though it can get so overwhelming at times that I have to get up and do something physical - yoga, for example (I'll do poses that target the specific area in which I'm feeling anxiety - cat-cow, for example, or extended child's pose, or bridge pose), or maybe I'll go for a walk. Good to get moving, I think, to loosen everything up. Or you could try a breathing technique such as the 4-7-8 technique, which helps to oxygenate your blood and relax your muscles.

Hope that helps

Thats great thanks. It refreshing to know others go through something similar.

I feel it mostly in my solar plexus. I do practice yoga but havent been focusing on the solar plexus region. I may try it tonight though. Thanks!
Old 13-02-2017, 10:09 PM
Pathfinder

One of my earlier realizations was that I could not really be defined. Later on looking at the fact that we only really live now, I realized I was not actually in time. Later still I realized that I was not really living in this world, that I only thought I was; iow the idea of being someone living somewhere is only a thought construct.

Of course these realizations took some time to clarify and were some years apart, but they progressively certainly reduced the fear of being.

Hope this helps.
Old 13-02-2017, 10:12 PM
Deactivated Account

Yes, as someone who had PTSD, I know of an amazing way to conquer fear and anxiety.

1. First imagine the fear and anxiety part of you sitting next to you.

2. Ask the fear and anxiety part to not blend its feelings into you. Ask it to step aside. If any other emotions or feelings come up, ask those parts to also step aside. You should now feel neutral.

3. Ask the fear and anxiety part if it has anything it would like to share with you. Ask it what it needs and what it wants.

For example, my fear and anxiety part showed me a vision of it being comforted. For days all it wanted was comfort. So whenever my anxiety would creep up, I would go within and comfort this part of myself, by simply imagining the part and holding it, giving it a hug, telling it encouraging words and just spending time with it.

Once it began to trust that I was its friend, it felt safe enough to tell me more about where it came from (a traumatic experience) and now that it trusted me, I was able to help it through that traumatic experience and show it that it could move on, thus it is no longer afraid.
Old 13-02-2017, 11:08 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by keokutah
Yes, as someone who had PTSD, I know of an amazing way to conquer fear and anxiety.

1. First imagine the fear and anxiety part of you sitting next to you.

2. Ask the fear and anxiety part to not blend its feelings into you. Ask it to step aside. If any other emotions or feelings come up, ask those parts to also step aside. You should now feel neutral.

3. Ask the fear and anxiety part if it has anything it would like to share with you. Ask it what it needs and what it wants.

For example, my fear and anxiety part showed me a vision of it being comforted. For days all it wanted was comfort. So whenever my anxiety would creep up, I would go within and comfort this part of myself, by simply imagining the part and holding it, giving it a hug, telling it encouraging words and just spending time with it.

Once it began to trust that I was its friend, it felt safe enough to tell me more about where it came from (a traumatic experience) and now that it trusted me, I was able to help it through that traumatic experience and show it that it could move on, thus it is no longer afraid.

Thats great. Thank you!

Did you practice this regularly?
Old 13-02-2017, 11:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySG
Hi
I just wanted to share my recent experience. I have been working on myself for about 6-7 years now but have always struggled with anxiety. Over the last 6 months however, I have made some great progress on myself but now these feelings of fear are starting to become stronger.

I realize that I have to go through this as part of 'the journey'. But, I think it is only going to get worse before it gets better. I have been through a lot, but have always managed to endure and come through it. I am guessing this fear is very deep rooted hence all the resistance I am feeling.

Has anyone gone through a similar experience with their fears and conquered it? Think I am just looking for some moral support and to hear other peoples success to help keep me strong. Thanks!

Past fear queen here so my hand is up high as it can go right now.

At the core of all my fears was the feeling I would die if I felt them and allowed myself to enter into the whole space they were showing me. Repeating patterns created from my programming as a child, the confirmation as I grew up that I needed to retain and protect myself. Then of course the undoing. The undoing was long and arduous, the core stuff was difficult and terrifying. The results, nothing short of a miraculous awakening to myself and to live more open and connected without fear.

I still fear things, but I don't let it consume my life now. I am aware of how to manage all this and get on with living this life in trust and loving presence now, because I don't try to control my feeling space and I am not afraid of myself. When this light goes on, I found everything opened to show me the truth of the greater reality so the opening up was a gift really to let in more. Build more awareness, build trust, know your here for a reason in all that unfolding and expansion of you.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 14-02-2017, 12:31 AM
Experiencer
Simple breath awareness is what has helped me the most. Practicing mindfulness meditation, resting awareness on the breath (and peacefully returning to it when the mind wanders) trains you to remember to return to the breath in day to day life, all the time, and that keeps you present and out of your head where you can be imagining all sorts of garbage that doesn't do you any good. With practice it really does make a huge difference.
Old 14-02-2017, 01:29 AM
Guide

I have suffered on and off from anxiety for years, sometimes with legit cause and sometimes out of nowhere. I see a chiropractor nowadays and she offers this muscle response testing which determined my adrenal glands were shot. Makes sense because our adrenal glands control flight or fight response. When we hold in our feelings these glands go on overdrive and out of whack. See if you can find a practitioner that offers this. Mine prescribed vitamins from Standard Process that changed my life.