Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 26-07-2013, 11:51 PM
Juanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4you007
I want to know is jesus God or son of God.?

IMO, neither...
Old 26-07-2013, 11:53 PM
Juanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by gismo
Hi,

Neither in my opinion, Jesus was a great prophet like buddah and allah and all the other prophets. They were enlightened beings who came to teach us all about love.
I use the word love instead of God or Jesus.
Love is all encompassing and I do not see how God or love could be just one person when love is omnipresence.
Go with your own truth.
love
Gismo

Nice Post, Gismo....
Old 27-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4you007
I want to know is jesus God or son of God.?

To answer without scriptural proof, will not be enough for me to go by, if I’m seeking the truth. MANY say Jesus is God, the Father, and son together. A “minister” once said Jesus was the Father in Heaven, and the son on earth. Though Jehovah God ,(by the way is the NAME he allowed us to use ,(Psa. 83:18 That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth), can do ANYTHING, He didn't make himself, his son. That SAME “minister”, said to me years later, Jesus WAS Jehovah's Father. Funny years earlier ,he had REFUSED to believe in the name! A pure case of this “minister” NOT sent by Jesus or Jehovah God but by satan ,(2Cor. 11:13-15 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works).

Jesus is the SON OF GOD, though MANY say he IS God, I would think Jesus should know. and he showed us so ,here's MANY of HIS WORDS!, (John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him). Here, (John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent). Here ,(John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life). Here ,(John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you). And lastly here ,(John 14:31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence). There so much more. peace
Old 27-07-2013, 02:19 PM
cheeneka

Hi,

I don't think there is such a thing as a single god. I think there is just love.

love
Gismo
Old 28-07-2013, 07:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
Allah is God. I assume you're referring to Mohammad.

Yes, My apologies.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:03 AM
StaroftheSea

Question concerning me

Jesus is the 'Beloved Son of God our Heavenly Father who created us'.

Then there is The Holy Spirit as well as God who created us.

When Jesus died and was resurrected (ascended into Heaven and is seated at the Right Hand of The Father (God) Jesus then became what is known as God (part of The Holy Trinity) which is: God, Jesus and The Holy Spirit.

Fact from me as a Believer, in Communion with Jesus through Our Lady Mary through The Holy Rosary prayed daily.

However, I respect all of my Brothers and Sisters in Christ with their own relationship and beliefs in God.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:19 AM
Master
Everyone has their opinion. Might as well give mine.

I have dwelt on this subject far more than anyone else on this thread- or perhaps I have since I was 8 years old.

From my everyday prayers, meditation, and contemplation I have come to these conclusions:

Jesus was both divine and human. In Genesis the soul is inherently divine. "Made both human and divine". Jesus is called Son of Man, Son of God, and God the Logos. Jesus the earthly Man was the chosen one because he is human being who "got it right" and was given the task to become the Christ. He embodied the divine and human natures in a unique unity.

The divine nature of Jesus comes from the Logos which is the Part of God that created everything, but is also God. The Logos is also the Inner Christ, the Christos, the Christ-consciousness etc that is within all human beings as in Genesis- "And God created Adam in the divine image".

In Jesus both the Logos or Christ-consciousness (divine nature) and the human soul (human nature) were united. This is the union of the Logos or Word of God and the Son of Man in one individual. The conclusion? The Son of God.

Once you get to John's Gospel you get the other mixture. You see in Mark you just get "Son of Man" and in Matthew and Luke you just have Son of God. It is in John's Gospel of the Logos or Word of God which is the Eternal Christ you put it all together.

Jesus Christ is the Son of God- because of the unity of God (divine nature/Logos/Christ Spirit) and Man (human nature/Son of Man) within his soul.

And this divine-human unity is the Son of God, the Christ.