Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 18-09-2017, 07:06 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
Still, science's opinion isn't the truth. Science is known to be often corrected by new discoveries.
The truth isn't decided by vote either.

You probably start from the belief that our thoughts and emotions are a chemical results, while I believe that they're initiated by our non-physical minds, our brains being just interfaces with the mind. It's similar to the Internet not being in the modem.

I agree. Everything we currently know as truth will at some point be broken down to allow new and better things to come in.

But we are discussing current reality and not future.
And in current reality thought manifests everything whether you believe in it or not. Including emotion. (Both proven by science)

Which also leads me to my statement "being believed by many it grows its power to be truth". When we include collective consciousness and the belief of anything then it does add power to the very belief being real or truth.
Old 18-09-2017, 07:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by baro-san
Still, science's opinion isn't the truth. Science is known to be often corrected by new discoveries.
The truth isn't decided by vote either.

You probably start from the belief that our thoughts and emotions are a chemical results, while I believe that they're initiated by our non-physical minds, our brains being just interfaces with the mind. It's similar to the Internet not being in the modem.

Exactly.

The OP doesn't seem to subscribe to Human emotion is result of thought.
Thought is not a result of emotion from where I have read up to either. So it's ifffy for someone to tell people to stay on topic when they are not ...

There are almost two variations on thought - thinking from mind & thinking subconsciously to say .. blink.

You don't think to blink - not in the same way that you think about what to have for lunch. Emotion is perhaps chemical on some level but then why can't you bottle love?

Pheromones can create lust perhaps but not love .. which is an emotion.

IF we could control emotion would that make a person enlightened or would it make them borderline psychopathic?

I have witnessed shaolin monks in real life & seen the power of mind over matter - not exactly husband of the year material though so what you gain in one way you lose in another.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 18-09-2017, 08:01 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity
Exactly.

The OP doesn't seem to subscribe to Human emotion is result of thought.
Thought is not a result of emotion from where I have read up to either. So it's ifffy for someone to tell people to stay on topic when they are not ...

I have not strayed from subject of what you said when you brought up emotions. All i did was comment on how i view human emotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity
Human emotion, personal preference etc are there for a reason - to be individual, not to be a Borg like drone with no real feelings.

I have not strayed from the op's post or what he said he subscribes to if were discussing control of oneself. below is exactly what i was saying. letting the mind control me is a mental box. and believing emotion is involuntary is mental conditioning i do not subscribe to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I say don’t consciously seek spiritual enlightenment, as it is but a way station on your continued journey; and it will come whether you seek it or not. In fact don’t have any ideas about what you are seeking beyond the physical because your ideas can interfere with your progress on the spiritual path. We live in so, so many, mental boxes, and in my opinion we have to free ourselves from all of those constructs. It is the mental boxes which we live in that causes us so much pain and suffering; the universe is free and wide open, and no I do not consider myself to be enlightened.
Old 18-09-2017, 08:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
letting the mind control me is a mental box. and believing emotion is involuntary is mental conditioning i do not subscribe to.

Cool - we can agree to semi disagree.

You challenged the Op's interpretation of enlightenment anyway - which I can still respect even if I don't fully agree.

For the record I find your answers interesting & definitely far less doctrine oriented than some. You also gave room for your beliefs changing were you convinced by further evidence which again I fully respect.

sometimes I hit reply to show that I actually read what was said as opposed to trying to highlight error - apologies if that doesn't always show.

I'm really not debating in my eyes just talking - perhaps I'm used to rowdy conversation a little more than some.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 15-02-2018, 08:15 AM
boshy b. good

enlightment's the fine burniing flame inside of confident giving
awareness. we have develop to this, is why we are bosses spiritually.