Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 29-06-2017, 08:31 PM
Knower
Angel1 What am I then?

I struggle to know what I am in regards to religion. I was once a Christian and Spiritualist. Now I believe things from lots of different faiths. I don't know what this makes me? I wouldn't say Atheist as I do believe in god just not in the conventional way.
Old 29-06-2017, 08:51 PM
Pathfinder
Perhaps a seeker?
Old 29-06-2017, 08:59 PM
Deactivated Account
You are just your own. You don't need to belong in any category.
Old 29-06-2017, 09:03 PM
Knower
Yes, I think you are right this sounds like me. I seek the truth. I do however respect peoples views and beliefs. Thank you for your answering
Old 29-06-2017, 09:05 PM
Knower
A seeker I think. I am interested in many different views, thanks for sharing
Old 01-07-2017, 11:15 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight
I struggle to know what I am in regards to religion. I was once a Christian and Spiritualist. Now I believe things from lots of different faiths. I don't know what this makes me? I wouldn't say Atheist as I do believe in god just not in the conventional way.
It sounds to me like you are a mystic. That can extend any of the religions with inner experience of the divine. Personally I never liked the term seeker because it implies a lack to be filled, but I suppose could accept if it as a self to be fulfilled. If you wish to push the boundaries of reality and consider yourself a healer then shaman would be another term you could use to define yourself. Hope that helps you to discover a name that suits you. There are plenty other possibilities.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:57 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:

What are you then? You are the lost son in the parrable that Jesus told:

Luke 15:11-32New International Version (NIV)

The Parable of the Lost Son
11 Jesus continued: “There was a man who had two sons. 12 The younger one said to his father, ‘Father, give me my share of the estate.’ So he divided his property between them.

13 “Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living. 14 After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need. 15 So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs. 16 He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything.

17 “When he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! 18 I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. 19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired servants.’ 20 So he got up and went to his father.

“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

21 “The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’

22 “But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23 Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast and celebrate. 24 For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate.

25 “Meanwhile, the older son was in the field. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. 26 So he called one of the servants and asked him what was going on. 27 ‘Your brother has come,’ he replied, ‘and your father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.’

28 “The older brother became angry and refused to go in. So his father went out and pleaded with him. 29 But he answered his father, ‘Look! All these years I’ve been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. 30 But when this son of yours who has squandered your property with prostitutes comes home, you kill the fattened calf for him!’

31 “‘My son,’ the father said, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. 32 But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’”
Old 16-07-2017, 03:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Yes, I think you are right this sounds like me. I seek the truth. I do however respect peoples views and beliefs. Thank you for your answering

What caught me was your profile name, along with your question here.

Look up Daniel 12:3 in the Bible, spoken by the Angel Gabriel, and compare that with what Physicists today are telling us. - Re:"Starlight".

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein