Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 17-05-2013, 05:00 PM
Master
The Lazy Man's Guide to Enlightenment

A friend told me about this little (25-page) book and I found it for free in .pdf format. It's been around since the 70s, and I don't know how I missed it.

"I am writing what I will want to read someday when I am stuck in a weird place." He states in the first chapter two sentences upon which everything else is based:

"We are equal beings and the universe is our relations with each other. The universe is made of one kind of entity: each one is alive, each determines the course of his own existence." He goes on to explain more about the "one kind". "The universe is made of one kind of whatever-it-is, which cannot be defined. For our purpose, it isn't necessary to try to define it. All we need to do is assume that there is only one kind of whatever-it-is, and see if it leads to a reasonable explanation for the world as we know it."

"The basic function of each being is expanding and contracting. Expanded beings are permeative; contracted beings are dense and impermeative. Therefore, each of us, alone or in combination, may appear as space, energy or mass, depending on the ratio of expansion to contraction chosen, and what kind of vibrations each of us expresses by alternating expansion and contraction. Each being controls his own vibrations."

I think I need to read it a few times in order to absorb the best parts.

http://enlightenment4u.org/Ebooks/Enlightenment.pdf

IsleWalker - Lora

Last edited by IsleWalker : 17-05-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 17-05-2013, 05:06 PM
Master
P.S. His description of other things:

His definition of love: "Love is the action of being in the same space with other beings..." (where space is the expanded form). He explains that it is the natural impulse of all whatever-it-is to interact. And those interactions aren't only the warm-and-fuzzy kind--it is any interaction. It requires expansion (permeability) in order to do it, and that requires an openness to whatever-may-come.

Good little book.

Lora

Download site: http://thinz.org/lazy-man%27s-diet

Last edited by IsleWalker : 17-05-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old 22-06-2013, 08:16 PM
slaga

Thanks for recommending this, interesting read. I'm a little fuzzy on that definition of love - what is exactly meant by "being in the same space", doesn't mean literally does it? Also I'd like to know what he means by vibration level - is this the same as level of awareness? It seems a common the he had is that we are all equal yet can have these different vibration levels at any time. I'd appreciate your clarification.
Old 22-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaga
Thanks for recommending this, interesting read. I'm a little fuzzy on that definition of love - what is exactly meant by "being in the same space", doesn't mean literally does it? Also I'd like to know what he means by vibration level - is this the same as level of awareness? It seems a common the he had is that we are all equal yet can have these different vibration levels at any time. I'd appreciate your clarification.
We are all equal as beings of source energy. However, in the expression of consciousness, which allows for the existence of polarity, there is the measurement of vibration between low and high. One's vibration is thereby defined by the thoughts that one contemplate in any moment, which may either entertain a separation from or alignment with the source perspective of any subject. Separation is experienced as pain, while alignment is experienced as well-being.
Old 22-06-2013, 10:34 PM
Master
Quote:

Slaga--

By his definition, love is just us interacting with each other (consciousness interacting with consciousness). It doesn't have to be "good" interaction--it's just that when we are in our expanded form, they tend to be pretty good anyway. But we can "interact" in the other two states as well.

In the "energy" phase he reckons that if you could quantify, we'd be 50% physical and 50% expanded, so we'd be able to interact as physical beings, but a little more stable emotionally. But the energy phase, by this definition. means that we are experiencing emotion. When consciousness is interacting in this middle phase, it results in emotion. In the more expanded form, it is "love". In most condensed form (human) it can be all over the place.

General, yes, vibrational level would be equivalent to one's awareness, because the higher our vibrational level, the more aware we could be. But we could chose to be in the contracted state as well even though we are high vibrational (like most spirit do to some extent--because they want to).

The book is only 25 pages long. Did I say that already? I'm so confused--it's been so long since I've been out here much.

Lora
Old 22-06-2013, 10:55 PM
slaga

This makes sense. Let me use a concrete example to make sure we are on the same page. I teach high school students who have been kicked out of their regular schools. There have been several occasions where a student won't do their work and after I prompt them to, they may reply "get out of my face" along with some more colorful words. To this I could think "wow this kid is a real jerk" - low vibration, or "this is another human being who is probably having a worse day than I am so I won't hold it against them" - high vibration.
Old 22-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Master
Quote:
This makes sense. Let me use a concrete example to make sure we are on the same page. I teach high school students who have been kicked out of their regular schools. There have been several occasions where a student won't do their work and after I prompt them to, they may reply "get out of my face" along with some more colorful words. To this I could think "wow this kid is a real jerk" - low vibration, or "this is another human being who is probably having a worse day than I am so I won't hold it against them" - high vibration.

Slaga--

Yes, it makes all kinds of sense to me. If you're a high school teacher, then you get that everything (all mass) can be seen as a wave form (or a particle). So, when they figure out the composition of stars, they pass light from the stars through a spectrograph. A slit focuses the light and divides it into the proportions of red-blue-(violet) that that light has. Then they can determine it is X percentage iron, Y percentage copper, etc.

But also the speed of the vibration is important--what the frequency of the High is, what the low is and how often it goes through the cycle in a period of time.

So we, as humans, composites of many other substances, and having a certain internal (soul) frequency, are unique as well.

I hear it when it's quiet at night and I'm winding down from the day, watching television. It's this high frequency "sound" that is always in the background of my hearing. It's been called the Universal Sound Current--because everyone has one.

Of course, that's only the vibration of us in this physical body. Presumably, the of us as a total--our Higher Self or whatever you want to call it--is higher. (I suppose it would be possible for that now to be true--but extremely unusual.)

I personally see and hear a lot of things--"thoughtform" clouds that seem to gather and flow out a "hole", beeps and Morse Code kiind of sounds that come when I'm quiet. So, this vibration thing really resonates (no pun intended) for me.

As to your students, you're absolutely right. Our temporary vibration changes all the time. When you're compassionate to those little jerks (haha), you're higher, and when you have no patience, well...a littler lower. But you also, I feel, have a normal vibrational range. We all do. And a uniqueness too, so that there may be someone else in the same ranges, but each is unique --like a snowflake, only more distinctly.

It all very wonderful, in my mind. Or maybe it's the wine!

Lora
Old 23-06-2013, 01:41 AM
slaga

Lora
Yes I've heard of that spectral scale, and interesting thought that you could apply it to our consciousness.
Interesting that you can actually hear it - are you sure that's not the tv? (Joke!) I can't say I've ever had a mystical experience like that but I find the whole thing intriguing.
Cheers
Vahan
Old 23-06-2013, 01:49 AM
Cosmical

Quote:

Mmm, its all about stepping back and taking a look at the situation. Out of the moment. Moments are fuelled by emotion, and its when you step back that you can see what is really going on.

“Be like the flower that gives its fragrance to even the hand that crushes it.”
― Imam Ali

I see this quote as a representation of this. If someone gives me low vibrations, I return love to them.

"I’m sorry you were not truly loved and that it made you cruel."
—Warsan Shire
Old 23-06-2013, 02:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Lora
Yes I've heard of that spectral scale, and interesting thought that you could apply it to our consciousness.
Interesting that you can actually hear it - are you sure that's not the tv? (Joke!) I can't say I've ever had a mystical experience like that but I find the whole thing intriguing.
Cheers
Vahan

Vahan--

I don't really find that a mystical experience. It's just like normal life. I think that we don't really (a) have the quiet and (b) allow ourselves to become aware of it.

Now, for a long time I believed the "scientific" explanation that it is just the sound of our blood rushing through the veins/arteries (presumably close to the eardrums!) that makes that sound.

For me it's like putting your ear up to a seashell--that sound of the "ocean" people can hear. It's very similar to that.

The reason I think it is more is that at certain times, it will become louder, maybe raise an octave or so. Sometimes you can hear when it changes.

Now, that can happen when you have a cold and the pressures are uneven in your head. But this is pretty consistently there (if I pay attention).

So to me it's kind of like breathing--nothing you marvel at.

Pay attention tonight--before bed when you are getting calmed down. Tune out the other exterior sounds and see if you still hear something.

The other thing--the popping inside my head like Morse Code--only happens sometimes. I have found other people on SF who have heard it. What intrigued me was that it responded to me listening--i.e. it stopped when I paid attention! It was frustrating because it was responsive in the wrong ways. So that one I still don't really know what it is. I theorize that it is either my specific communication to spirit or theirs to me. But, when I ask a question (in my head), it's hard to tell the timing of my question and "their" answer, so I still don't know.

Another mystery to add to all the others. Someday all these things will be clear--when we're gone!

Lora