Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Taoism

Old 08-10-2021, 06:40 PM
AbodhiSky

The negative posts about detachment are interesting. There probably is something missing in that word. The word seems to include two things. The thing that exists and the me that can be attached or detached from it. So me and it. But what is the me there?

The me is an awareness all caught up in the mind, the past, the body, the circumstances, relationships, the past and on and on. One looks in a mirror.... that's me. Everything I have done, everything I have experienced, everything I have thought. Every line on my face, every scar on my body. That's the me, or so we think. That me then tries to be detached.

We are not the things we are bombarded with. The thoughts, content, sensory content, memories, but few question that. Most just operate with all of that as self.

It's not really we need to add an idea of detachment to all the rest of this content that is always here. One more thing to do eh. Really it's about the discovery we were never attached in the first place. We were focused hard on the content, that's all. We didn't know there was another way to look. Were not aware we did not need to focus on this mental content. "I'm detached" really means "I" am including more in my awareness. Everything is still here. I am not pushing anything away, not trying to control anything, not trying to do anything, the "doer" is a product of the content, I just am here as it is. I added higher awareness. An awareness I am not the content.

No one is here trying to do something or be something. I'm just here watching and listening. Any movement of mind is recognized as content and not the one aware of it.

It's like somebody arguing with somebody else about if a jacket is black or dark blue or navy, say one says, you guys need to be detached. Not really, they just need a bright light lol.

Whatever is, an argument, or peace or love, who or what are we in that? True detachment is one with whatever is, non-resistance to what is, so "detachment" has no direction or outcome or state in it. It is not concerned.

So detachment is not suppression or resistance. A blade of grass is standing still in a summer day, and moving violently in a fall wind storm. Either way, it is just grass. Nothing more or less. It is just grass if it is moving or not.

"Detachment" is complicated in time. In time, it involves a doer. One trying to do something. In only the now, it is not complicated. There is this moment. That's all. This present moment. Right here and right now. That's all there is and that is all there will ever be. And I don't have to do one thing about it. It is what it is. I am aware and awake and present. That's all. My eyes are open. I let it be what it is and that takes no effort, no practice, no doing.

In each moment, I am present and aware.