Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 06-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Guide
feeling anger and hatred

I wanted to meditate and do some visualization today, but I just found out my brother got screwed in court today and I'm so angry right now. And I'm not just supporting my brother on account he's my brother, cause I truly love justice, but he was really screwed. Judge ruled in favor of his ex-wife, so I have such feelings of hatred for her now.

So my question is, what is the best technique to let this anger go? I truly am angry at the injustice, and I feel such a hatred towards his ex-wife, who has practiced such wickedness and cruelty towards my nephew (her son) and my brother, that I can't believe she hasn't reaped yet what she has sown.

So I want to meditate, I want visualize and get back some positive energy. I wanted to send out some positive energy as well. So how can I let this negativity go???
Old 06-01-2012, 11:23 PM
Master
Have you ever heard of EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique)? Google EFT and try it out. There are some threads on this forum about it somewhere. I've tried it and I like it a lot.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Master
A good way is to notice it early... you can feel the tension begin in the shoulders/neck or jaw tighten breath rapid screw up face... (turn into incredible hulk). Study those sensations so you learn your own reactions.

After feeling them for a while, take a deep breath and sigh, let go, relax.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:45 PM
Master
Color

That's excellent idea Gem.

Also, going to a chiropractor and/or getting a massage from someone, anyone who knows what they're doing. Ahhh, yes.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:32 AM
Master

I have been told the way to get rid of the anger is to forgive. Someone said to me say it as often as you can. Do not make the mistake that I made. I thought about the person and I stayed angry. Say to yourself over and over I forgive. That was still not enough for me to get rid of the anger. People said to me you have to be friendly. When I made up my mind to be friendly, the anger went away.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:44 AM
Master
Yes, forgiving is good ~ I think it's good also, to balance the forgive with not forget, it'll be harder to forgive if you are fooled 3x, y'know the saying...this particular situation is a bit different, you're one removed from the injury...iow you can be supportive of him w/o being super-upset with the other party.

Old 07-01-2012, 03:47 AM
Ascender

It's okay to feel anger, but if you were to continually dwell on it after a period of time and it interferes with your life, then it's a problem. Allow yourself to naturally heal and recoup. Don't force 'positive' energy to curb your emotions. Just let it play out and then move on.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:06 AM
MYFIGO

Forgiveness ...

I understand your anger. Sorry for what your brother is going through. What helps me is to ask God to bless the person I wish to forgive with all love, joy, peace and happiness they could ever wish for. If they truly had these things, they would never again hurt me or anyone else the way they did.

In doing so, I have done two things. I have taken action. That takes away the helpless feeling of not being able to do anything.

And... I have not allowed the bitterness of hatred to remain in my heart. I truly believe that anger and resentment can cause disease, emotional and physical pain.

When we remain angry at someone, we keep them prisoners in our hearts. The problem is that we become the jailer and are forever bound to maintaining the jail.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:52 AM
Angelz

For me, I find if I wear or carry Rose Quartz I am much more loving to those around me and feel it much deeper. It also calms me. I am one of those crazy lead foot drivers and usually I cuss up a storm during commute but lately I have been wearing Rose Quartz and I feel myself sending out healing energy and protection to the other crazy people on the road!
Old 07-01-2012, 05:09 AM
Master
Every emotion also occurs as sensations in the body, so to become attuned to emotional reaction, observe how the body is reacting. It isn't to try and prevent the sensations. Just notice the tensing up and frown and gnashing, learn them, know them and feel every part that anger causes... feel everywhere on the head face neck shoulders shoulder blades chest tummy abdomen and even in the legs and notice if you tence the arms or clench your fists... notice every part of the body and feel all reactions to this emotion... and only then takes a deeper breath, sigh and relax.

Know your anger, understand it, then be kind to it.