Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 19-10-2016, 10:58 AM
Newbie ;)

My Story and your thoughts welcomed!

Hello forum friends!

I actually posted here a few times about 5 years ago but haven’t been able to find my old log in details. I’m hoping to spend a lot more time here moving forward and hope that one day I will have things to contribute to help others.

Reason for this post is to share a story. I’ll preface this to say that I’m not naturally spiritual (naturally is probably the wrong word, but what I mean is that I don’t have any natural gifts that I am aware of and have never before seen spirits, guides, ghosts etc).

The background to the story, and the reason why I actually posted here some time ago was that I used to think I was cursed and wondered if people could inherit bad luck through their lineage (as my dad was super unlucky!) or whether you could be punished for past lives. What prompted all of this in my mind was that I was born with poor health (hole in my heart), I then had cancer at 27, my wife cheated on me (twice!) and I lost my father to cancer at 59 years old – all of this within a few years of each other.

Then my wife cheated on me for a third time last year, and this was the final straw. I left her and went to live on my own and this is when strange things started to happen. Prior to what I’m about to share the only strange thing that happened ever from a paranormal perspective, and I didn’t think it paranormal at the time, was my wedding ring disappearing for 7 days from a windowsill when I removed it to wash my hands, and re-appearing exactly where I left it a week later. I’ve since learned of this as ‘disappearing object phenomenon’ and now wonder, as this was prior to my wife’s first adultery, if this was some sort of sign to get out?

So, fast forward to about a year ago, I’ve left my wife and I’m living alone. The first things I started seeing were fleeting objects in my periphery moving around my bedroom. I was also experiencing regular episodes of sleep paralysis, waking in the night, seeing shadow people and being completely unable to move my body. Following these episodes happening regularly I started sleeping with the light on in the outside room and leaving a small crack of light in the door, for comfort. Then one night I was lying in bed, staring at the crack of light and it went out. I got up to investigate assuming the bulb had blown and it hadn’t, the switch had simply been turned off. The next incident was coming home from work and finding my father’s locket with his ashes in, on the floor. It was hung over a rhinoceros horn and impossible to fall off, it had to be lifted off and dropped/physically removed. The third thing that happened was going away for a weekend and I came home and thought my fridge freezer had broken as it had defrosted everywhere. I then saw that all of the switches in the kitchen had been turned off.

I hadn’t shared this with anyone, but because of my personal circumstances, going through a divorce and being a bit down, my friend recommended seeing a medium he had used. He paid for it as a gift so I went along with it. The reading was supposed to be about the future, what would happen in my life from here and what I could expect. I went in to the reading super cynical and with none of the above paranormal activity in mind, this was purely about my future and love life I assumed.

So the reading begins, the medium explains to me how it works, how the guides share things with her and within the first minute she starts laughing and beaming with a smile. She says I have a visitor and although this is not a pass-over reading would I like to continue. Intrigued and still cynical I say yes, go ahead. She starts by calling the visitor Mr A and asks me if I have anyone who has passed and quite recently. I say yes and she then describes a scar or a slash as she calls it on his left arm and talks about an operation. She then moved on to the letter of his first name S, describes the flag of his birth (the dragon and Wales) and has completely described physically my father, without any mistakes or prompting from me. At this point I’m amazed. She then describes my locket with his ashes in and that my father is holding the Wales flag and smiling and what could that mean? I explain how I’ve been sat on my dad’s ashes for two years not knowing what to do with them. An how I’d been torn my conflict wanting to put him in the sea in Wales but he had a tough upbringing there and I was conflicted as to whether he would want that. She calmly said that he’s nodding and he just wants to go. Next she describes his character and absolutely perfectly, and also refers to a conversation we had on his death bed, asking me if the number 14 means anything and saying that Mr A is showing the number 14 and a pair of glasses – my mother’s birthday and description.

After this, she says the communication is weakening and we take a minute before she goes on talking about my future. This part was largely uneventful apart from one thing, she asks me if the number 3 means in anything to me in relation to love. I say yes and she says is that the number of relationships I have had. I say yes and then she describes EXACTLY the three characters of those relationships but assures me there is fourth and describes her, all the way to the star sign. About two weeks later I met someone (who I now live with and I am happily in love) and after dating a while I ask her start sign (as I’m feeling really good about her) and she was the star sign the medium had told me!

I then went with her and put my dad’s ashes in the sea and after that all of the paranormal activity I had experienced stopped. That was over 6 months ago.

I know lots of people will be sceptical about what I’ve written and that’s absolutely fine. But for those of you who are not I wanted to share as, to me at least, this is all pretty amazing.

So, to those of you with experience, is this common? Do other people resonate? Does this mean anything for me? And to those of you who can feel things, is there any feeling this is giving you that you would want to share with me?

Thanks,

NB
Old 19-10-2016, 03:53 PM
Guide
Hi NomadicBoo,

That is a great story! And I believe you 100%! I always like stories where a skeptic embraces the possibility of the Big Beyond.

So glad your friend paid for your visit to that psychic/medium. Sounds like you really needed it and you didn't even realize that you needed it. Your story makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!

Best wishes!!

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 19-10-2016, 09:47 PM
Experiencer
This is a wonderful story and chain of events for you. I hope you feel confident in the many validations and experiences you have had along the way! a gift to a mediumship reading changed my life as well over two years ago too and I truly believe in the synchronicities that bring us to them :)

I would think the experiences have ceased as your father got his message across to you :)

I think the only feeling I get from it is you clearly are open to experiences with Spirit, and who knows what you'd discover should you sit in silence with yourself and see what comes to you from Spirit :)

Not sure how common of an experience yours is compared to others but I would think a lot of us are nowadays having more experiences since Mediumship and paranormal stuff is becoming more common and 'mainstream' :)
Old 20-10-2016, 12:08 AM
Administrator
Hi NomadicBoo.

I can really empathise with your story as i have always had Bad luck,i always used to say if i didnt have bad luck i wouldnt have any luck at all. and in a lot of ways its still true today.
the difference is i was born seeing and hearing spirit some people think its the be all and end all of all things.but i was ridiculed by my family for it because they didnt understand me or it.
my grandmother understood me better than anyone.but i have never been patriotic for my own country (Wales ) i always used to say and still do that i should have been born in the usa. i never understood why until years later,but once i found out certain things it all made sense.
it was a deep inner knowing with me my instincts are very high.
things have a way of happening in life that makes us what we are.and the saying is true if its meant to be it will be.even though you may not think so at the time,

Namaste
Old 20-10-2016, 08:49 AM
Newbie ;)

Thanks everyone for the kind messages.

DO you think it's worth having another session? My concern is that this was such an amazing experience and I don't want to go chasing the dragon. Maybe this is best left where it is?

I will also take some time to try and sit in silence and just see what happens!

NB
Old 20-10-2016, 01:35 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicBoo
Thanks everyone for the kind messages.

DO you think it's worth having another session? My concern is that this was such an amazing experience and I don't want to go chasing the dragon. Maybe this is best left where it is?

I will also take some time to try and sit in silence and just see what happens!

NB

Hi NomadicBoo, I go once a year to a really great Psychic/Medium, just to get a glimpse of how things are going for me. I try not to become dependent upon psychics/mediums, as some people can get addicted and seek help on all decisions/events/etc. My advice is go with your gut when you feel you need one.

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 20-10-2016, 03:52 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner2013
Hi NomadicBoo, I go once a year to a really great Psychic/Medium, just to get a glimpse of how things are going for me. I try not to become dependent upon psychics/mediums, as some people can get addicted and seek help on all decisions/events/etc. My advice is go with your gut when you feel you need one.

Exactly :) They are great to go to but don't become dependant on them or their information :) Once a year is a great frequency to go to a Medium and hey! you found a reliable reputable one off the bat!! that's awesome!