Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 15-11-2019, 11:03 AM
Seeker
Question Lucid dreaming astral projection different? Same thing?

I keep seeing very contradicting statements . Some people say it’s the same , some people say it’s entirely different . Would love to hear a debate about this ...
the question is .. is astral projection different entirely than lucid dreaming or are they the same?

for someone new to all of this I came on spiritual forms to share my own experiences dreams etc , learn of others and learn more in hopes to be able to AP/AT for the first time so I could meet my guides which is long overdue of a meeting if you ask me :P although it seems as though the more I read , the more contradicting things I am seeing , and the more confused I’ve gotten which is really stunting my progress sadly ..

One thing I’ve learned is that people perceive / interpret their experiences as similar at times but also different . We all have different things that seem to work for us . This is fine and dandy but when I see statements made that should be fact vs fiction and not just two different interpretations it is quite confusing. Example water is wet . Fact. One person says water is wet and the other water is dry it gets confusing as it should be one or the other. Never had someone touch water and say it’s dry . So it can’t be a matter of different experience it should be more of a “one or the other” statement . So astral projection vs lucid dream . Different ? Or the same ?

Would love for multiple people to elaborate. Three you tubers I’ve watched on this topic (Ryan cropper & vishuddha das formerly known as koi’s corner , infinitewaters) all say they are different but even they say things that contradict each other about astral projection itself .

Also if someone could point me in the direction of Who’s the best source for astral projection threads or information (you tubers or what have you) that would be amazing !
I really want to AP and believe I’ve already lucid dreamed many times but with so many contradicting things it’s making it harder for me to know what is fact and what is fiction .

Thank you community thus far on reaching out to some of my posts . Love and light be with you I truly appreciate your responses - Raven Royalty
Old 14-03-2020, 07:27 PM
Newbie ;)

No they are not the same

Lucid dreaming is a dream AP is when you separate your astral self from your physical body to explore the astral realm
Old 15-03-2020, 05:30 AM
Guide
The confusion you're seeing is due to people repeating what they hear but don't practice as well as the subjective nature of it all. Those that do actually do it still have a hard time articulating the science behind it (if we can even agree on a definition for "science" lol).

If I dream that I astral project am I still doing it? I say no because I am (me, consciousness) focused in the location of the body, inside the dreaming brain.

If I don't dream (meaning I've stopped the hypnogogic state from happening or ignored passed it) while maintaining my INtention to employ an exit technique I focus into the location outside of the body, outside of the dreaming brain.

There's two things here that happen: 1 - people enter an etheric projection body and superimpose the data of the realm they are used to over the etheric experience. Yes we left the body however you've created a hologram reality to enter into using the intelligence of the only other realm you know because you have no frame of reference outside of our own human experience using the data or intelligence of said small experience.

2 - people may actually have an astral body (multiple vessels too) as there are different enlightenment bodies, bliss body, etc.... that must be built over lifetimes or through the help of a true guru. These are made of the intelligence of the higher realms and match almost nothing we've ever witnessed before using ones own small self/physical vessel and the intelligence and memory biased to it.

If we enter the hypnogogic hologram (dream) we are inside our mind.
If we stop dreaming (stop the mental chatter and enter emptiness while carrying our INtention with us) we enter the world outside of us, in the environment around it.

I have backed this up by repetitive experiments and veridical evidence (meaning what I witnessed actually happened in the real world in real time). Take a look at Sylvan Muldoon and Heward Carrington's work. It's being forgotten because it is from a century ago but it's fantastic. I always direct people to Robert Monroe's work as well. Listen to how he describes "phasing" levels of consciousness and going in and out of different locations of focus. There's probably more but I haven't looked. These are my own "vetted" sources to some degree or another in parallel with my own experiences.

I hope that helps!! <3
Old 15-03-2020, 03:39 PM
Guide
Simply put, No they are not the same. Just check out the instructions on how to do each and you will see that they are not the same. Anyone who claims they are has never done either.
Old 15-03-2020, 05:16 PM
Guide
So, here is the main issue: You are looking to talk with spirit guides.

There's ways to do this without letting the mind interfere but it requires some work within a structure of authentic teaching (which leads us through self realization stages) otherwise we won't know what is an actual intelligence or if it's just our mind interfering in a lucid playland. We don't necessarily have to use Astral travel to do this.
Old 18-03-2020, 03:49 PM
Master
Smile

I thought they were basically the same thing.
Lucid dreaming is when you do it naturally.
And astral projection is when you are awake and are you trying to get to
these other worldly places.
I have only had the experience of lucid dreaming and thay have been relatively recently and been on rare occasions.
But they are one of the most incredible experiences I have ever had.
in places where others do not.

Last edited by Pagandell : 19-03-2020 at 02:54 AM.
Old 18-03-2020, 07:53 PM
Deactivated Account
@op:
The only same thing is how you get to them.

The difference lies, like, in between radio stations. Which frequency you choose, that is what you get.
Old 25-04-2020, 10:25 AM
Newbie ;)

You explore the non-physical when you astral travel :)