Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 22-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by my_road
do u like rock and metal music? alot of my friends like pop and dance club music, i dont mind it but i always felt rock and metal is more creative and more harder to learn to play, if u play guitar or some instrument u will know what i mean. my friends oftern say pop is more fun and friendly and dance and wave arms like silly lol its not my scene, do u oftern get people comment and say rock/metal is depressing and what else?, i like a good rock track, for me i come alive and headbang lol but if listen to dance track i feel silly like this isnt for me.

Actually, for the first time in my life I have actually decided to try and learn to play the guitar. It's on my bucket list...lol
Been at it for a few days now and already it is a love/hate experience.....lol

James
Old 22-01-2012, 03:52 PM
Master
Grabs the air geetar!!!

Love it!!

And this thread serves as a reminder to get back to Jam Night,,,

Rock On!!

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Old 22-01-2012, 04:08 PM
hawkmoth65

Yep rock is the music genre for me,certainly the only genre I would buy.

Marillion,U2,Pink Floyd,Led Zepellin,Guns n Roses and so on.The Beatles of course....however,having a daughter coming up to 13 years old,I've been exposed to some of her preferred music.I do like Jessie J,probably cos she writes as well as performs her own music,and James Morisson writes a good tune.
Old 25-01-2012, 10:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
Is there any other kind of music besides rock???

there's roll . rock, and roll .

I know what you mean; nothing rocks like rock , but there's all kinds of great other music ; not necessarily easy to find in these cheezewhiz days .
Old 11-03-2012, 10:28 AM
res

Quote:
do u like rock and metal music? alot of my friends like pop and dance club music, i dont mind it but i always felt rock and metal is more creative and more harder to learn to play, if u play guitar or some instrument u will know what i mean. my friends oftern say pop is more fun and friendly and dance and wave arms like silly lol its not my scene, do u oftern get people comment and say rock/metal is depressing and what else?, i like a good rock track, for me i come alive and headbang lol but if listen to dance track i feel silly like this isnt for me.

I have always loved all rock from old time rock and roll to heavy rock and still do. I play bass guitar and can totally relate to what you are saying. Music brings me alive...i mean really alive and is something i miss since getting married. My wife is more your norah jones , alicia keys type of girl and will get a headache if i play music that gets my blood pumping I have been appreciating some pop depending on the bass line ofcourse "Dedication to my ex" by Loyd is the last pop song that really engaged me due to the funky bass line.

I havent ever found rock or metal depressing but i have been known to draw the line at screemo and some metal that seems to have lost the sound of each instrument in a mess of thrashing about.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Master
Quote:
do u like rock

I like to rock, yes!

Can i get an amen!?

Owwwwwww!!!

...but to answer your question, yes. Like Maiden quite a bit, and a whole bunch of other stuff that is considered rock. One of the three on the tripod of my main musical tastes, Electronica & Hip-hop being the other two. But as this thread is about rock, i will respectfully refrain from attempting to make the argument to all the old school 'rock only' crowd about the great qualities other certain types of music also possess; and simply say, rock is essential. Got to have guitars, that's almost what it comes down to in some ways. I won't attempt to make a list of bands or artists i like because that would be taxing on my brain and i'd forget some and then have to come back to this thread to add them just to be thorough and i don't really want to have to do that.

The Kinks are amongst the rock i listen to consistently, but my music rotation is always changing, though there are some constants in there more or less.
Old 21-03-2012, 07:53 AM
Sybilline

Quote:

Yes. I was born during the nineties, I listened to a bit of grunge but not much when I was little (yes, as a little girl boybands were my thing) and then I progressed to the different kinds of metal... Stuff I have in my iPod are The Faceless, Year of Desolation, Archenemy, etc, and I also love the soft side of metal --- Nightwish, Epica, After Forever, Sirenia, Xandria... That being said I don't turn away from other genres like Jazz, Bossa Nova, New Age or Classical... :))

p.s. I joined a band called After Hours and we just played whatever the crowd asked for (mostly pop and dance), I have a Greg Bennett, a very modest guitar but I love her... ♥
Old 21-03-2012, 05:22 PM
sesheta

I do like rock music - not all, but a lot of it - AC/DC, Aerosmith, Van Halen....but with me, the music I listen to really depends on my mood at the time, so I listen to a very wide range of music. Everything from rock, to Celtic music, to Sinatra, to Gregorian Chant- country, classical, blues....and of course, there's always those first few days of late spring when it really starts warming up, when you pop the Beach Boys into the CD player of your car, put your shades on, roll down the windows, and start driving :) Lolol....
Old 23-02-2018, 03:52 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I love rock!
Old 16-03-2018, 09:59 AM
Knower

Love rock.......The Verve, Nin, Oasis, Radiohead, Nirvana, Pink Floyd,

are all bands that I love that do forms of rock music