Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 31-10-2011, 02:18 PM
Experiencer

Houdini Seance

I heard on the radio this morning - as I do every Halloween - that friends and relatives of the late stage magician Harry Houdini tried, for a number of years after his death, to reach him: only to give it up as a lost cause.

I get the impression that this was done more in the spirit of Halloween fun, rather than a serious attempt by real mediums to reach Houdini.

Does anyone here know of any attempts by serious mediums to contact Houdini?

Jim
Old 02-11-2011, 02:22 AM
Kristine

I don’t know of anyone that has tried to contact him, but it does seem the people doing it where more for fun than for real.
Sorry I couldn’t be of anymore use.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:52 AM
nightowl

I haven't heard of this but I do know in life Houdini was adamant about uncovering fake spiritualist and mediums maybe this is why the seance didn't work.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:07 AM
Deactivated Account

maybe he had other plans on Halloween ? or maybe he just has nothing to say to his friends and relatives ?

Would be interesting to know if anyone has ever contacted him ~

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 02-11-2011, 02:03 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
I haven't heard of this but I do know in life Houdini was adamant about uncovering fake spiritualist and mediums maybe this is why the seance didn't work.

Houdini was the avowed enemy of phony mediums and Spiritualists. However, I've also heard that he and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle attended a seance together in a good-faith attempt to reach Houdini's deceased mother: and that Doyle considered it successful, but Houdini wasn't convinced that whoever or whatever spoke to them was really his mother.

In any case, this would indicate that, at least initially, Houdini was willing to accept the possibility that mediums could contact the spirit world.

Jim
Old 02-11-2011, 06:01 PM
nightowl

That is interesting I hadn't heard that before...I was just being silly not knocking mediums and such It would be kind of like him not answering to prove his point, even though in essence he had been contacted...
Old 02-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Experiencer

Houdini was/is probably stubborn enough to do just-that!

Jim
Old 03-11-2011, 01:51 AM
Trieah

Interesting that this came up. Last year, over on a paranormal message board I mod at, one of our members who is a ghost hunter, was investigating the theater where Harry held his last performance. He and the psychic on their team called out to Harry to show up. I can't remember if they both actually saw him, but they did both hear him say something. I can't recall exactly what he said, but it was something to the effect of, "I'm so tired of these spiritualist always coming to harass me!" And he stormed off.

At the time I read about that encounter, I was knee deep in helping lost souls cross over into the Light. His actions and words didn't sound much like a transcended spirit, but more like an earthbound trapped ghost, or lost soul. So I myself called out to him and discovered that he'd been stuck inside a reality bubble. That's something that can happen to spirits when either they don't know they are dead, and just keep going about their own business. Or if they died such a horrific death, that they keep reliving it over and over again.

Getting to meet Harry has been one of my favorite encounters with spirits :)
Old 03-11-2011, 02:04 AM
Experiencer

Is Harry out of the bubble now?

Jim
Old 03-11-2011, 02:31 AM
Trieah

Yes he is.

What happened was, after reading about that encounter, I was so choked up with emotion, that I could't help but start crying. When I called out to him, I began to see a vision of myself dressed in the clothing of the time period, and I was knocking on the back door of the theater. When Harry opened the door, he saw me as a lady in distress, wiping my eyes with a lacy handkerchief, as if I were truly a part of his time warped reality bubble. At first, he was too busy to deal with me and tried to make me leave, but when the tears just started rolling down my face even harder, he finally showed more of an interests in why I was there. He was such a gentleman, and genuinely wanted to help me with what ever was distressing me so badly. So I started pleading with him to really look at me; to really see where I was, sitting in front of a computer; to really see how time had changed since his death. And it worked! After he finally saw the world as it is now, I was able to tell him all the things I've told all the other lost souls and trapped ghosts, about what awaits them on the other side of the Light.

He went into the Light that day, but he did come back to hang around with me for a while after that. He was so very curious about modern technology. Sometimes, he'd even come to work with me to watch me doing my technical job. And one time, he even introduced me to Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. That was pretty awesome. But I don't see either one of them very much anymore. I'm ok with that though, because I know they have their own stuff to do. Who knows, they may have even reincarnated since then.