Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 05-08-2016, 05:05 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH
Yeah watch what you've been told, this place can be dangerous for tourists that think its totally safe. That's why they end up returning to their country in body bags. Just a message for Crystalkitty777 and others wanting to fulfil their dreams of moving/visiting here, its best to come here in a group especially if you are touring or have a Marae experience with a group. If you know someone that lives here that would be a great way to stay safe if you stay with them. If I haven't mentioned it before the South Island has many of the picturesque views as shown in this thread.
We also have night markets here that you could buy things you can take home for memories of your stay here. Be aware we have people of all cultures selling their stuff and some it looks a little like Maori but we Maori know whats fake. I could tell you but it will end up being a book.lol just be safe.

Hum... For me this is the SAFEST COUNTRY EVER. I am from Brazil and BELIEVE ME, this place is just the SAFEST COUNTRY. Safer than America. Safer than Australia. You can basically walk on the streets at 2 am and nothing is going to happen to you. I've done that maaaaaany times.
Honestly AHIYAH, are we talking about the same country? :)
But yes, like I mentioned before prices are expensive and people from big cities/countries can find New Zealand bit boring.
Old 05-08-2016, 05:09 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoliveira
WHAT?!?!?!?! This is the SAFEST COUNTRY EVER. I am from Brazil and BELIEVE ME, this place is just the SAFEST COUNTRY. Safer than America. Safer than Australia. You can basically walk on the streets at 2 am and nothing is going to happen to you. I've done that maaaaaany times.
Honestly AHIYAH, I don't know if we are talking about the same country haha
Oh sorry I am not from here and I have never heard of tourists being killed here thinking it was the safest place on Earth. That must never happen.
Old 05-08-2016, 05:18 AM
Suspended
Master
Btw you probably in the city where the cameras are everywhere and even then that doesn't help much when you think of that guy in the suitcase floating in the harbour. I mean that wouldn't happen to tourists surely. My Maori people have been here for only five minutes unlike your Brazilian side which has been here for centuries, oh Im very sorry.
Old 06-08-2016, 02:27 AM
Experiencer
What you are feeling is not to be taken lightly. It is your inner guidance communicating to you. You are feeling it strongly because it is something that you have to do. It has nothing to do about you liking nature or Lord of the Rings. Think about it. With your other interests, do you have these strong feelings for them, too? Probably not.

I went through the same experience. After my first trip to France, I had a strong feeling inside of me that I had to go back but I had no idea why. I was miserable in my job the entire time and the feelings I had inside for going back to France were still there the entire time. Four years after that first trip, I finally made the trip back. I enrolled in a language school in their fourth biggest city (and by doing so, I was able to stay much longer than if I had gone to Paris). Shortly after I arrived, I did find out why I had those strong feelings. I returned home after 6 months.

For now you can just plan to go to New Zealand for a few weeks (longer, if you like). You won’t know how long you will stay there until you get there. You don’t have to book your flight right this minute but figure out when you can. In the meantime save up some money and do as much research as you can (compare cost of living in different cities – big, small, and medium-sized cities, visa requirements, etc)

Don’t listen to the people around you. They are just speaking from fear. Even if it is expensive to live there, there are ways to live on a smaller budget. If you are planning on buying a house or a car, then you can worry about how expensive things might be, but you can find ways to live within your budget. You can always find someone who needs a roommate or is renting a room in their house. If the city has a public transportation system, you’ll be fine. Avoiding their most popular big cities also helps bring your costs down.

As long as you do your research before you leave, you’ll be fine. However, you need to go eventually. Those feelings will not go away until you do.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:46 AM
Ascender
New Zealand is a beautiful place and both Islands offer up beautiful scenery that will take your breath away. The South Island does have a special magic about it though :)

I agree with Calla Lily - just go and see what it is you need to see or find. Have fun adventures while your at it.

New Zealand has its highs and lows - yes it is an expensive to live there in comparison to other countries ( I am a Kiwi but currently live in Australia - Australia offers a better lifestyle as far as Ive experienced it in terms of opportunity ) , however NZ will always be home to me and I will return there eventually - despite the differences - Cost of Living appearing to be more expensive etc - it can be managed.

NZ is a place where life is slow and easy - no rush really. If your seeking the fast lane in life then the bigger cities might offer you that, the smaller cities are fairly laid back. Overall the hospitality offered is something that is quite unique i feel - Kiwis are more like one big family and we have quite a warm and welcoming nature . Of course :) you'll find some people are not really that genuine and travelling alone - you'll need to be the judge of someone's character.

I wonder what draws you there :) Anyway - enjoy it if you do go. Until you do go, this may not leave your system

All the best

" And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to the span of life?"

Jesus Christ

Old 07-08-2016, 03:07 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mArIya
New Zealand is a beautiful place and both Islands offer up beautiful scenery that will take your breath away. The South Island does have a special magic about it though :)

I agree with Calla Lily - just go and see what it is you need to see or find. Have fun adventures while your at it.

New Zealand has its highs and lows - yes it is an expensive to live there in comparison to other countries ( I am a Kiwi but currently live in Australia - Australia offers a better lifestyle as far as Ive experienced it in terms of opportunity ) , however NZ will always be home to me and I will return there eventually - despite the differences - Cost of Living appearing to be more expensive etc - it can be managed.

NZ is a place where life is slow and easy - no rush really. If your seeking the fast lane in life then the bigger cities might offer you that, the smaller cities are fairly laid back. Overall the hospitality offered is something that is quite unique i feel - Kiwis are more like one big family and we have quite a warm and welcoming nature . Of course :) you'll find some people are not really that genuine and travelling alone - you'll need to be the judge of someone's character.

I wonder what draws you there :) Anyway - enjoy it if you do go. Until you do go, this may not leave your system

All the best
I thought I had better return the Hongi. What an awesome couple of posts to read, well put. I've always wanted people of different nationalities to come here enjoy themselves and if they decide to return home, they'll have life long memories and stories. I have been known to go overboard on safety. This is me being a far cry from where I use to be.lol.
Btw do they still call each other cuz among our cuzzies in Oz. coz that's why my daughter has been known to call me by, when we joke. The Rangatahi are funny cool. Kia Tau Te RangiMarie
Old 10-08-2016, 12:07 PM
Ascender
Quote:
AHIYAH

Quote:
I thought I had better return the Hongi. What an awesome couple of posts to read, well put. I've always wanted people of different nationalities to come here enjoy themselves and if they decide to return home, they'll have life long memories and stories. I have been known to go overboard on safety. This is me being a far cry from where I use to be.lol.
Btw do they still call each other cuz among our cuzzies in Oz. coz that's why my daughter has been known to call me by, when we joke. The Rangatahi are funny cool. Kia Tau Te RangiMarie

Tena Koe Ahiyah

Safety anywhere in the world when traveling alone is important and should be a priority. My eldest daughter traveled to Europe , USA and UK recently and I was so worried - but she reminded me she wasn't silly either :) She had a great time and came to no harm , made good choices and I am very proud of her and HAPPY she came home safely! We probably need to keep this in mind no matter which country we travel to. I appreciate your honesty in regards to traveling safely in NZ too.

Lol - yes we still call each other cuzzies over here - Kiwis don't change much when living over here I've found - especially the ones raised in NZ. It's a nice touch of home when your passing another Kiwi or Maori in the street here - in Perth - there is always acknowledgment of one another. Whanau! :) gotta love it.

" And can any of you by worrying add a single hour to the span of life?"

Jesus Christ

Old 10-08-2016, 03:47 PM
Experiencer
Cat

To tell the truth, it's rather noisy here where I live, and I'm a country girl at heart, so living in town for the last four years has kind of taken its toll on me. When I spent a few days at my aunt and uncle's farm just recently, I was so filled with joy that I spread my arms wide as if to embrace the sun and grass and flowers and nearly fell over! [I read six books during my stay, and then I got sun burnt, but it was totally worth it!] I actually cried the night before I had to leave. I am currently working on getting my first fantasy novel published; writing a new story with another one floating around in ideas; have painted a folder full of fairly good paintings; have a small notebook of poems that I intend to publish one day; and am quite good at singing and dancing. Honestly, it doesn't take much to make me happy or at peace.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:32 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mArIya
Tena Koe Ahiyah

Safety anywhere in the world when traveling alone is important and should be a priority. My eldest daughter traveled to Europe , USA and UK recently and I was so worried - but she reminded me she wasn't silly either :) She had a great time and came to no harm , made good choices and I am very proud of her and HAPPY she came home safely! We probably need to keep this in mind no matter which country we travel to. I appreciate your honesty in regards to traveling safely in NZ too.

Lol - yes we still call each other cuzzies over here - Kiwis don't change much when living over here I've found - especially the ones raised in NZ. It's a nice touch of home when your passing another Kiwi or Maori in the street here - in Perth - there is always acknowledgment of one another. Whanau! :) gotta love it.
Atamarie mArIya,
Nga mihinui ki a koe. Kore au te mohio ki taku reo. As they use to say, "it is already in you it just needs watering. I will be heading back to my Papa Kainga to immerse myself in the Taonga o te reo. On my journey thus far I've found that Hebrew has at most times the same sentence structure as te reo Maori which would be the same as all our island cuzzy bros. interesting fact, I was reading up on TaneNuiARangi and came across the words "Te Tihi o Manono. It didn't mean much to me until I remembered a Samoa friend/bro saying he's from an island called Manono in the Samoa group of islands. I believe we have a strong connection of old with them. As you would know Maori call north Te tai Tokerau and south they call te tai Tonga, if we look where Samoa(Niue included) that north of Samoa is Tokelau and south of Samoa(Niue included) is Tonga and Tonga also means south in all our languages. I like to think its more than a coincidence.
We(Maori) have come a long way since the days of the mindset 'Kids should be seen and not heard' gone are the days when Mama use to say to us "go and get a stick" and Maori boy returns with twig.lol some people just don't know how infuriating a simple twig can be.lol. I'm glad the Rangatahi take the initiative to venture into the world chalking up life experiences. In this day and age we raise them to be leaders with Kotahitanga being of the upmost importance.
In respect to sight seeing over here most tourists head to the South Island and I know from one of my PapaKainga we have a road called "The million dollar view rd" that's not its actual name. It overlooks Matauri bay and the ocean. I could also say that the Coromandel(another place of resting bones) has some good fishing/touring spots. Rotorua and surrounding areas is another tourist destination and then there's the beautiful East Coast.
It's funny we don't hear the sayings "go on ow" or "not even ow" as much as we use to, but the Rangatahi and I when we get into mocking sessions of our own we get our inspiration from Once were warriors. "You'll be back" and "do you value your teeth?"or "cha bro you got some big muscles, where did you get your muscles from?" too funny. Yeah Nah we still have the odd churr going around. Since my better half has Niue blood it can get a bit fobby too. Generally speaking Niue people are quite placid so Ive noticed.
I've taken up enough of your time my Sis and I gotta get to my daily man job ie dishes,laundry, vacuuming, cooking eggs etc.lol. May the Taonga of our Tupuna/Tipuna be evident in your voice and deeds that brings about Kotahitanga with all people in the Whanau Aroha.:)
Old 10-08-2016, 10:03 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH
Btw you probably in the city where the cameras are everywhere and even then that doesn't help much when you think of that guy in the suitcase floating in the harbour. I mean that wouldn't happen to tourists surely. My Maori people have been here for only five minutes unlike your Brazilian side which has been here for centuries, oh Im very sorry.

Hi AHIYAH,

Just letting you know I have no interest at all on trying to make your arguments look invalid - I was just telling people how I find New Zealand amazing and how I am totally happy and safe living here.
I might not be born in New Zealand but my partner is - and he is MAORI as well