Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 03-05-2020, 10:46 PM
Pathfinder
Crystals by the bed

Hello,

About 12 years ago, being a kid, I found a rather large, beautiful quartz crystal at a park by my home. I took it and it's been with me eversince

Only for the last year, trying new methods of healing myself from a physical/mental condition i've been having for the past few years, i've became aware of the power and energies this crystal has, along with some others that I collected.

My question is, given that i'm aware of the affect they have on me, might that be a problem placing them on a shelf behind my head when I sleep? it's been a long time they're there including the large one which sure is not a fake. I have sleep problems for some years now and there are just too many options for that... I was just wondering wether could that be one of them or might those be even helpful to my sleep? they really helped me for times...

Thanks for reading, would love recieving opinions :)
Old 03-05-2020, 11:10 PM
Seeker
I have crystals all throughout my house and my bedroom...i have them on the ledge above my bed and a small table with crystal grids next to the bed, as well as organite near my electronic devices. I absolutely love the vibrations my crystals give off and i use them in all sorts of ways. Ive also taken to wearing them with a vengence, buying rings and braclets just recently. I feel like my crystals are my friends, they have an energy, an essence of their own and we can call on them to assist us, and they will. Be sure to cleanse your crystals as they can and do accumulate energies. Once cleansed you can charge them with your intent, so for example you can charge one to assist you with sleeping. You can google which ones would be more appropriate for your purpose, but for sleep i personally like gentle soothing energies, like that of amethyst, rose quarts and blue lace agate...but find what resonates with you.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:20 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriwhetu
I have crystals all throughout my house and my bedroom...i have them on the ledge above my bed and a small table with crystal grids next to the bed, as well as organite near my electronic devices. I absolutely love the vibrations my crystals give off and i use them in all sorts of ways. Ive also taken to wearing them with a vengence, buying rings and braclets just recently. I feel like my crystals are my friends, they have an energy, an essence of their own and we can call on them to assist us, and they will. Be sure to cleanse your crystals as they can and do accumulate energies. Once cleansed you can charge them with your intent, so for example you can charge one to assist you with sleeping. You can google which ones would be more appropriate for your purpose, but for sleep i personally like gentle soothing energies, like that of amethyst, rose quarts and blue lace agate...but find what resonates with you.

I know right? they sure are beautiful
I find the quartz to be very powerful and clearing, also the amethyst has helped me a lot tuning in, and I have a few more... black tourmaline for example, it sure is a strong one that I have learnt from to clear intensions before using... they sure intensify the enregy you put into them
Old 04-05-2020, 07:30 AM
Master
Some crystal better nor be places in the bedroom as they can disturb sleep. Also depends where you put them. Rock crystal should not be put under or near the head.
And citrine is a no-go in the bedroom. I thought I could handle it, but found out the hard way it is truly a no-go.
Just go for crystals that are soothing, selenite, amethyst, rose quartz etc. The subtle, sweet ones. Not the power houses.
Old 04-05-2020, 12:10 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Some crystal better nor be places in the bedroom as they can disturb sleep. Also depends where you put them. Rock crystal should not be put under or near the head.
And citrine is a no-go in the bedroom. I thought I could handle it, but found out the hard way it is truly a no-go.
Just go for crystals that are soothing, selenite, amethyst, rose quartz etc. The subtle, sweet ones. Not the power houses.

Yeah I guess I could start by clearing most of them out of the bed area to try and see change.. I just got so used to this situation not assuming that could be it
Old 04-05-2020, 06:59 PM
Pathfinder

Go for blue calcite and selenite you cannot go wrong on blue calcite and selenite, they are pretty cheap as well. Moonstone could also be a good one. Stones like lepidolite are hit and miss because the vibration is pretty high and keep some people awake. Calming doesn't always means sleep Howlite keeps me awake most of the times. Best crystals are blue stones like celestite. Turqiouse for some reason also helps with sleep ( in my case )

They don't have to be big tho .. you can make a grid with some large pieces but what works best is getting a smaller piece , keeping it against your solar plexus ( slight above ) and spinning it with your fingers until you fall asleep. Which way you have to spin is different for every person. This works well with rectangular pieces of selenite ( small bars )
Old 04-05-2020, 07:45 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stug88
Go for blue calcite and selenite you cannot go wrong on blue calcite and selenite, they are pretty cheap as well. Moonstone could also be a good one. Stones like lepidolite are hit and miss because the vibration is pretty high and keep some people awake. Calming doesn't always means sleep Howlite keeps me awake most of the times. Best crystals are blue stones like celestite. Turqiouse for some reason also helps with sleep ( in my case )

They don't have to be big tho .. you can make a grid with some large pieces but what works best is getting a smaller piece , keeping it against your solar plexus ( slight above ) and spinning it with your fingers until you fall asleep. Which way you have to spin is different for every person. This works well with rectangular pieces of selenite ( small bars )

Thanks for the tips!
I only have a small sodalite as a blue stone, and epidote as a green, hope it should do it. It really is a different experience to different people
Old 04-05-2020, 08:22 PM
Master
Bear in mind there is no reason to keep crystals in the bedroom. It's not a must.
And I also didn't feel my sleep problem -which wasn't bad, I believe just restless sleep and dreaming- had to do with the citrine skull. But when I remembered citrine not being handy in the bedroom I did remove it and then all went back to normal.
I have a lot of crystals in my bedroom, which I choose intuitively, not based on colour which to me is quite meaningless. Just a very general guide.
I have a piece of selenite in each corner, amethist, larger hemimorphite, purple chalcedone, lapis lazuli since 2 nights, aquamarine with pink tourmaline needles. That's on one side, except for the amethist all on my night stand. And yes, I should move some things away from there, a bit full up, hihi.
On the other one an amethyst point, crystal with phantom point, dark green fuchsite, pink danburite, small celestite cluster.
In bed a natural smokey quartz skull and a pink tourmaline one, for specific reasons.

I think that's it. I put them out in a way they don't bother each other, nor me.
But if I feel they do, I simply put them elsewhere. The only ones I insist on having in there is protection on my night stands and my crystal skulls in bed. The rest is just extra.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:51 PM
Pathfinder

I wonder what your husband/ BF or significant other halves would think when they encounter tons of crystal skulls in your bedroom first time.

Quote:
Bear in mind there is no reason to keep crystals in the bedroom. It's not a must.
Proceeds to put truckloads of crystals in bedroom xD

I chose them intuitive as well but when working with astrological cycles i also use colours at certain times. I can see lapis and aquamarine working really well for sleep.
Old 07-05-2020, 10:07 AM
Seeker
Hi fairycrystal, I just wanted to ask what the significance of a skull shape was?