Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-05-2020, 11:11 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMay
Real/sensible/practical, yes. We may or may not have past lives, but using that idea to bully ourselves into thinking we're bad people who need punishment for something we did in the past (what happened to fair justice and healthy rehabilitation of the personality/soul??) is messed up. People might think it helps them make sense of their bad circumstances but as you said life isn't fair and that's just reality. But we as people are prone to distorted thinking and delusions... the truth is far removed from that and that's why it's so hard to understand, despite funnily enough being the simplest answer.

Second point I'll add is that no benevolent deity would cause a system like that. If such a system exists, it's not benevolent.

I totally agree. However, reincarnation and so-called bad karma aren't the only excuses to bully oneself. What's even more sickening is the concept called ''soul contract''. And yea, there are whitout doubt idiots on the forum who are fundamental enough in their beliefs that they'd go as far as to say that any mental illness, disability, or diseases like cancer are all because of an ''agreement'' made before birth.

Now I don't want to be a hypocrite as I may have said some controversial stuff myself with my unpopular opinions, but even I, a non-spiritual person, wouldn't sink that low to tell a terminal cancer patient or someone with severe depression that they personally planned what they're going through.