Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 15-05-2020, 06:01 PM
Seeker

I'm New, and I'd Like Help!

I have been reading up on Wicca, but I don't know any practitioners myself. My family is all very Christian. If someone wants to help out a budding witch, I would be so grateful. I'm just looking for a mentor and someone to help guide me through this process of learning. Thanks! (And no there are no covens here that I've been able to find.)
Old 15-05-2020, 06:45 PM
Deactivated Account

Solitary eclectic is a valid and I would argue the most common form of witchcraft! I don't consider myself a Wiccan specifically but it's kinda like denominations in Christianity, we share more beliefs and practices than we don't So what kind of things are you drawn to when you think of becoming a witch/Wiccan? If you are in the broom closet too, then I can also help with that, having been raised by toxic Christians myself!
Old 15-05-2020, 09:51 PM
Master

Have you read "The Solitary Wiccan's Bible" by Gavin and Yvonne Frost?

They also have a website https://wicca.org/

Their approach is that every Wiccan is a solitary practitioner. Even those who belong to a coven are still treading their own solitary path, because all growth and changes in awareness occur within. It may be good to share the journey with other like-minded people, but all are following their own inner journey.

Peace
Old 15-05-2020, 10:26 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolKat
I have been reading up on Wicca, but I don't know any practitioners myself. My family is all very Christian. If someone wants to help out a budding witch, I would be so grateful. I'm just looking for a mentor and someone to help guide me through this process of learning. Thanks! (And no there are no covens here that I've been able to find.)

So I get that people are into Wicca, but the power of truth is a lot more powerful, it’s infinite
Old 16-05-2020, 09:39 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth307
So I get that people are into Wicca, but the power of truth is a lot more powerful, it’s infinite

Truth is rather subjective when it comes to that which can't be quantified.

Witchcraft is a way of life, not a 'trend'.
Old 16-05-2020, 10:03 PM
Seeker

Unhappy Broomstick Closet!

I am currently reading: Wicca, the Guide for the Solitary Practitioner. Apparently he has a bit of a bibliography at the end, so I plan on trying to get a hold of other books.

LadyMay! I am mostly in the broom closet! I've told my husband and I think he's just confused, but I feel so self-conscious when I want to something that's "weird and hippy" around anyone in my family. Eye rolls are the go-to reaction if I try, but even though I've tried baby steps, I am not getting any closer to opening up. With complete honesty, I can say my husband thinks I'm crazy. Legitimately crazy.
Old 17-05-2020, 12:35 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMay
Truth is rather subjective when it comes to that which can't be quantified.

Witchcraft is a way of life, not a 'trend'.

Truth is everything that is and the realization that it’s all nothing, just a pure unconditional frequency of true love.