Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 28-01-2020, 07:12 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Originally Posted by inavalan
From that perspective:
  • Why are you here?
  • What are you supposed to do here?
To manifest that which is unmanifested. A face cannot see itself without a mirror.
Thanks. That's a vague reply. It may mean something to you, because it may encapsulate a more detailed explanation, but nothing to me.

I believe I am here to practice reality creation, but not for the sake of "manifest that which is unmanifested", but because that's what my inner-self needs to get better at: manifesting whatever I want.

You seem to be focused on having the unmanifested manifested (the result), while I'm focused on improving my skill of manifesting whatever I want, not anything "which is unmanifested", because everyone of us does this kind of manifesting all the time unconsciously.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 28-01-2020, 07:30 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Thanks. That's a vague reply. It may mean something to you, because it may encapsulate a more detailed explanation, but nothing to me.

I believe I am here to practice reality creation, but not for the sake of "manifest that which is unmanifested", but because that's what my inner-self needs to get better at: manifesting whatever I want.

You seem to be focused on having the unmanifested manifested (the result), while I'm focused on improving my skill of manifesting whatever I want, not anything "which is unmanifested", because everyone of us does this kind of manifesting all the time unconsciously.

God, Brahman, Unity, Source is infinite and unmanifested consciousness. It manifests through maya and can then experience Itself like a face seeing itself in a mirror.

So the purpose of what we experience as objective reality, and that includes us, is for One to experience Itself through many. It's the only way It can.
Old 29-01-2020, 10:31 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
I can somewhat understand your perspective as I have been practicing that mindset myself for a few months now. In fact I would say it's been extremely helpful for me.

I think because we are surrounded by so many jaded cynical people, they are having an influence on us. I have been practicing gratitude as a way to balance myself out, and bring a more meaningful perspective.
Not dealing with your emotions means they are put into the Shadow Self, which is kind of like a dungeon. There they fester, and no matter how much you suppress them they do affect you. Dealing with them means you learn your lessons and you grow as a person, not just Spiritually. When you grow as a person and you deal with your own issues, the issues of others look differently. The jaded people are those that haven't dealt with theirs and have a chip on their shoulder. And maybe, some of them were thinking positively when they could have been admitting to themselves that they were having a bad time, and as a consequence didn't find a way past it.
Old 29-01-2020, 12:23 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Not dealing with your emotions means they are put into the Shadow Self, which is kind of like a dungeon. There they fester, and no matter how much you suppress them they do affect you. Dealing with them means you learn your lessons and you grow as a person, not just Spiritually. When you grow as a person and you deal with your own issues, the issues of others look differently. The jaded people are those that haven't dealt with theirs and have a chip on their shoulder. And maybe, some of them were thinking positively when they could have been admitting to themselves that they were having a bad time, and as a consequence didn't find a way past it.

I have learned to be careful with emotions. They don't always tell me the truth. I do think negativity has value, but you must be careful not to spend too much time focused there. It has a way of creeping in.

Last edited by Flexi-Girl : 29-01-2020 at 03:19 PM.
Old 29-01-2020, 07:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
God, Brahman, Unity, Source is infinite and unmanifested consciousness. It manifests through maya and can then experience Itself like a face seeing itself in a mirror.

So the purpose of what we experience as objective reality, and that includes us, is for One to experience Itself through many. It's the only way It can.
Thanks. I understand where you're coming from. I differ on this.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 30-01-2020, 09:06 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
I have learned to be careful with emotions. They don't always tell me the truth. I do think negativity has value, but you must be careful not to spend too much time focused there. It has a way of creeping in.
The truth is relative to one's own agenda and truth or not, experiences cause emotions - 'being positive' is just a way of not dealing with them and that always turns out to be very 'negative'. Your definitions create your reality so if you define something as 'negative', then 'negative' it is, along with all that you associate with that word.

The next time you define something, question your reasons because that's where the truth dwells.

Last edited by Greenslade : 30-01-2020 at 10:50 AM.
Old 30-01-2020, 10:34 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Thanks. I understand where you're coming from. I differ on this.

Cool. And my understanding, I think, of your understanding is the unique entity that is you manifests or is capable of manifesting your reality, or at least some aspects of it.
Old 30-01-2020, 12:10 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
The truth is relative to one's own agenda and truth or not, experiences cause emotions - 'being positive' is just a way of not dealing with them and that always turns out to be very 'negative'. Your definitions create your reality so if you define something as 'negative', then 'negative' it is, along with all that you associate with that word.

The next time you define something, question your reasons because that's where the truth dwells.

I feel better when I have gratitude and optimism. I guess there is no way of knowing one way or the other if that's a bad thing.

Last edited by Flexi-Girl : 30-01-2020 at 01:17 PM.
Old 30-01-2020, 12:53 PM
Master
After reading the whole thread...

Just do whatever makes YOU happy...and that's IT...full stop...end of story.

In my estimation, being "naive" is a good thing and the labels others pin to our coats don't define us anyway.

Having a positive attitude is better than having a negative one...and the reason why most people have a negative attitude is because they cannot handle disappointments and rejection...so to protect themselves from any unfavorable eventuality, they learn to prime themselves for it first to soften the inevitable blow...but what they don't realise is that they are also sabotaging the very outcome from the get go. Negative thinking becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy...a trap that is difficult to escape from once you have become ensnared in it.

You will also find that those who label positive thinkers as being "naive" etc.. usually ARE negative thinkers! People who are miserable just have one goal in life...to make everybody else just like them so they don't feel so awful about themselves with the whole "misery loves company" thing...and the more people they can turn "negative", the happier they become...and they will stop at nothing to do it which includes attacking your whole positive mindset with false labels.

The problem with this world is that people care too much about what others think of them and this then becomes what they think of themselves!

I see that as being a very negative thing.
Old 30-01-2020, 01:11 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
After reading the whole thread...

Just do whatever makes YOU happy...and that's IT...full stop...end of story.

In my estimation, being "naive" is a good thing and the labels others pin to our coats don't define us anyway.

Having a positive attitude is better than having a negative one...and the reason why most people have a negative attitude is because they cannot handle disappointments and rejection...so to protect themselves from any unfavorable eventuality, they learn to prime themselves for it first to soften the inevitable blow...but what they don't realise is that they are also sabotaging the very outcome from the get go. Negative thinking becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy...a trap that is difficult to escape from once you have become ensnared in it.

You will also find that those who label positive thinkers as being "naive" etc.. usually ARE negative thinkers! People who are miserable just have one goal in life...to make everybody else just like them so they don't feel so awful about themselves with the whole "misery loves company" thing...and the more people they can turn "negative", the happier they become...and they will stop at nothing to do it which includes attacking your whole positive mindset with false labels.

The problem with this world is that people care too much about what others think of them and this then becomes what they think of themselves!

I see that as being a very negative thing.

I definitely notice that attitude in a lot of people. For a little while I found myself going down that path, so I am trying to realign my values.