Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 13-01-2020, 04:05 AM
Master
TUCSON, ARIZONA ROCK & MINERAL SHOWS

The Worlds largest Gem, Mineral, Crystal, etc. shows will begin January 20, 2020 and last till February 16, 2020. Some shows are open a few days earlier then the posted start date so there is about 1 MONTH's worth of shows to check out.

This year there will be probably 60 or more shows going on scattered thru out the city.

I have been going to these venues for about 25 years. I have never been able to visit all of the shows!

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-01-2020, 08:57 AM
Experiencer
i remember our early discussions about this show from many months ago. you should definitely go and also film it, make a daily vlog about it and maybe, just maybe.. this year, you can visit all the shows :) dont forget to post here the youtube links too of this year's exposition :) have fun and enjoy!
Old 13-01-2020, 10:28 AM
Guide

Unfortunately I can't afford a visit but it's a great idea to post impressions and video's from those who attend. I would be very much appreciative of that. I often search for these video's and it's a joy to see. For those that go: ENJOY!
Old 13-01-2020, 11:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles
i remember our early discussions about this show from many months ago. you should definitely go and also film it, make a daily vlog about it and maybe, just maybe.. this year, you can visit all the shows :) dont forget to post here the youtube links too of this year's exposition :) have fun and enjoy!
Visiting all of the shows is impossible as far as I am concerned. There is just too much to see.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-01-2020, 11:54 AM
Master
'my' crystal shop will be going there too, as they do every year.
They always write in their blog about it, what they've seen and bought and some photos. Pretty stunning, and indeed huge! And time consuming, often having to help empty barrels to get crystals out and find the best specimen.

I wonder what's going to turn up this year! Usually there's new high vibrational crystals, new finds.

It must be great if you can go there, but I thought most was for business owners only? Needing a pass to prove this before you get in?
Old 13-01-2020, 01:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
'my' crystal shop will be going there too, as they do every year.
They always write in their blog about it, what they've seen and bought and some photos. Pretty stunning, and indeed huge! And time consuming, often having to help empty barrels to get crystals out and find the best specimen.

I wonder what's going to turn up this year! Usually there's new high vibrational crystals, new finds.

It must be great if you can go there, but I thought most was for business owners only? Needing a pass to prove this before you get in?
A lot of the shows are for the general public. As for shows only for businesses, some of them are hard to find but many of them will sell to the public. Money is money. Some shows sell both to the public and businesses. When the latter quotes a price, it is sometimes hard to tell if they are quoting wholesale or retail: generally you got to ask them.

Old 13-01-2020, 08:22 PM
Experiencer

This must be a huge gathering of the two extremes of "weird" people. By "weird" I mean no disrespect, but gem shows tend to bring out two types of people of two extremes.

I went to a tiny show in Honolulu, and it was a funky gathering of us, spiritual types, that see further meaning in crystals, and the scientific minded type that only find the physical composition of crystals fascinating. It interests me that something can bring two over-so competing frames of thoughts together.
Old 14-01-2020, 12:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Dreams
This must be a huge gathering of the two extremes of "weird" people. By "weird" I mean no disrespect, but gem shows tend to bring out two types of people of two extremes.

I went to a tiny show in Honolulu, and it was a funky gathering of us, spiritual types, that see further meaning in crystals, and the scientific minded type that only find the physical composition of crystals fascinating. It interests me that something can bring two over-so competing frames of thoughts together.
I think it can go hand in hand really well? There was a crystal shop near by and the man ran it from a more scientific, non-spiritual & energywork related point of view. He just loved them, probably as the beauties of nature they are.
He sold gorgeous crystals of excellent quality, did have a real eye for it.
I could easily find what I wanted there even though I'm in it from another angle.
I think the same would go for a more scientific person who visits 'my' crystals shop, run by spiritual people for that reason as they too have great quality crystals.
Maybe crystals can bring people together by their shared love for the crystals?
Old 14-01-2020, 02:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I think it can go hand in hand really well? There was a crystal shop near by and the man ran it from a more scientific, non-spiritual & energywork related point of view. He just loved them, probably as the beauties of nature they are.
He sold gorgeous crystals of excellent quality, did have a real eye for it.
I could easily find what I wanted there even though I'm in it from another angle.
I think the same would go for a more scientific person who visits 'my' crystals shop, run by spiritual people for that reason as they too have great quality crystals.
Maybe crystals can bring people together by their shared love for the crystals?
LOT OF TRUTH IN WHAT YOU WROTE

At the Tucson shows, there was a 'dedicated' location for spiritual dealers. Over the years, most of the spiritual dealers have disappeared: one by one. What happened? One factor was the promoters increased the rent. Parking spaces that were free, slowly but slowly disappeared. Then there was the outrageous prices the spiritual dealers put on their product which drove customers away. Another issue was one spiritual dealer was trademarking stones and crystals and then selling them at extremely high prices. This practiced, offended some of the spiritual people.

Last year, I noticed at one show, there was about 4 spiritual dealers. At another show, they had one spiritual dealer.

Old 14-01-2020, 09:57 AM
Master
Interesting, John!
But isn't it the case that many sellers want to sell their crystals to good people? I know some do from the proprietors of 'my' crystal shop. They said some sellers hold on to the best crystals for them as they know the crystals then end up in a good place. So at least some sellers care about that. That includes the owner of the Mt Shasta opal mine who -I was told- doesn't sell to many.
It would make sense after all the work and effort they put in to get the crystals to begin with that they want good people to buy them. Up to a point of course, they also simply got to make money.

It's an interesting thing to hear more ins and outs from someone who goes there!