Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 15-02-2020, 11:24 PM
Master
Results from calculating Lifetime Year cards which determine 10 year cycles.

Seeing as I'm pretty old now ... I couldn't remember the earlier events, so I've just listed what I can accurately remember.

1975 - 15 years old - moved to Tasmania
1984 - 24 years old - moved in with first husband
1993 - 33 years old - moved in with second husband
2001 - 51 years old - stopped work in city and started part-time business
2020 - 60 years old - who knows? It's too early to tell, though I am selling up again and moving out on my own, as my son and his girlfriend are leaving next weekend. Unfortunately the plans we had didn't work out.

I'm not doing the next exercise about what year these 10 year cycles began, because quite frankly, I don't remember the details of when, though most of them started the year before.

Hopefully I understood the exercise and did it correctly. I found it a bit confusing and time consuming to be honest and I'm not sure I got that much out of it.
Old 19-02-2020, 02:11 AM
Master

OMG OMG I MISSED SOMEONE USING THE GAME OF THRONES DECK THIS IS SO AMAZING I'LL NEVER SEE THE MAGICIAN CARD THE SAME WAY AGAIN

I've never really found a body mind spirit reading relatable but here goes:

* RWS

(2 cards for 'Spirit' because I felt another card really wanted to come too)

Body: 8 of Pentacles
- Working like a m**********r

Mind: 7 of Cups rev
- Feels like higher-order prioritising, eg "what am I going to do, as defined by what I'm NOT doing?"

Spirit: Wheel of Fortune rev + 6 of Wands
- I do actually kind of get this. I am quite desperately trying to wind things up before I move. It is confusing and annoying as hell, but I'm hoping with the 6 of Wands this is representative of me succeeding with this goal over time. Just lots of murkiness to navigate through.

you know what I'd prefer? If it was the 'Spirit-Mind-Body' reading, because then it's more of a top-down analysis and easier to see if your thoughts and actions are actually aligned with your "spiritual" goals (I do my 5-year retrospectives in a similar fashion because I think it's important to see the trends in progression).

For example, if I re-write everything like this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
Spirit: Wheel of Fortune rev + 6 of Wands
- I do actually kind of get this. I am quite desperately trying to wind things up before I move. It is confusing and annoying as hell, but I'm hoping with the 6 of Wands this is representative of me succeeding with this goal over time. Just lots of murkiness to navigate through.

Mind: 7 of Cups rev
- Feels like higher-order prioritising, eg "what am I going to do, as defined by what I'm NOT doing?"

Body: 8 of Pentacles
- Working like a m**********r

^^ then this actually makes better sense to me and makes me feel more reassured that I'm on a good roll rather than flailing wildly, ie you can see that (hopefully) I'm mentally trying to filter through the murkiness
Old 23-02-2020, 06:49 PM
55Degrees

I've been working my way through my year cards. The thing that really stood out was that both my marriages took place in 'Judgement' years (1988 and 1997).
2001 was the Devil year.....ho hum.
2011 was my Tower year. I got divorced, lost my home because of it and teetered precariously on the verge of a mental health breakdown (or as I now call it, the opportunity to start over with my core being ).
2012, my Star year, it was my healing and 'navigation' back to self year.

From earlier in my life;
1991, I had my first child after having vowed I was never going to have kids and 'conform', my Hierophant year made sure I did.
1993, my second child arrived, along with a separation and a move away from the local area....Hello Chariot year.
1995 was a Moon year and the year my dad died, it was such a deep, dark, painful time and depression was my closest friend.

So all in all I am seeing correlations between the year card and my life.
Old 23-02-2020, 09:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Degrees
I've been working my way through my year cards. The thing that really stood out was that both my marriages took place in 'Judgement' years (1988 and 1997).
2001 was the Devil year.....ho hum.
2011 was my Tower year. I got divorced, lost my home because of it and teetered precariously on the verge of a mental health breakdown (or as I now call it, the opportunity to start over with my core being ).
2012, my Star year, it was my healing and 'navigation' back to self year.

From earlier in my life;
1991, I had my first child after having vowed I was never going to have kids and 'conform', my Hierophant year made sure I did.
1993, my second child arrived, along with a separation and a move away from the local area....Hello Chariot year.
1995 was a Moon year and the year my dad died, it was such a deep, dark, painful time and depression was my closest friend.

So all in all I am seeing correlations between the year card and my life.

I neglected to look at the correlation with the year cards, only the actual 10 year cycles. I'll have to go back and have a look after your post.

My father died in 1993 (a reminder from your post - something I tend to block out, as it was a very, very horrible experience), which was also the year I ended my first marriage and moved in with my second husband. That year (I forgot) was a 10 year cycle - The Wheel of Fortune, which I suppose does indicate the massive changes that occurred during that year.

My husband died in 2017, the card of the year being The Tower. That was probably the biggest "tower" moment of my life so far, having my life and everything I knew completely torn asunder.
Old 23-02-2020, 09:47 PM
55Degrees

I've still got to try and put some sense into the 10 year cycles. Everytime I try and allocate some time something crops up and I get side tracked.
Old 23-02-2020, 10:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Degrees
I've still got to try and put some sense into the 10 year cycles. Everytime I try and allocate some time something crops up and I get side tracked.

Yeah, I know the feeling.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:20 AM
55Degrees

Having looked at the 10 year cycles I'm passing on it.
My 'cycles' are so erratic and have little pattern to them that it's frustrating me to see any correlation with the exercise and my own personal life.
It doesn't follow that every 10 years some major event takes place in a person's life, for some it may be more frequent for others less so and I'm struggling to establish the pattern.
I'm moving on to the next exercise regarding the most frequently occurring year cards.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:04 AM
Master
Wow, this is embarrassing. I can't find my Game of Thrones deck or guidebook. I moved some furniture around and had a tidy up ... I can't understand where on earth I put them. What the hell ...
Old 06-03-2020, 09:57 AM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora.
Wow, this is embarrassing. I can't find my Game of Thrones deck or guidebook. I moved some furniture around and had a tidy up ... I can't understand where on earth I put them. What the hell ...

Noooooo. Tell those naughty little house elves to put them back where they belong
Old 06-03-2020, 11:22 AM
Master

I want to try my version of the 'Body Mind Spirit' spread again

Spirit: Knight of Wands rev. Spirit is pretty dead and needs a break! :) Or as they say - "no more f**** to give"

Mind: 7 of Wands rev. Giving up on things, walking away - reducing the amount of things I have to stay on top of.

Body: 9 of Wands rev - looking around at the boundaries and wondering if they're high enough.

Makes sense to me :)