Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 18-12-2019, 02:08 AM
janielee

Mistakes

It comes to my attention very often how what I once criticised, didn’t understand etc. are things I too can or have done (will do?). It’s like I’m constantly being told of the mistakes I’ve made.

I get it. We are all One. We are all indivisible in our unity, in our similarities and differences. There but for the Grace of God, Go I.

And yet sometimes I just wish that I could stop receiving these messages.

Love

JL
Old 18-12-2019, 04:15 AM
Master
There is no greater teacher than the one who dishes out and the one who then has to clean the very dishes he dishes out and dirties for others.

They often then change their way/s.
Old 18-12-2019, 04:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
It comes to my attention very often how what I once criticised, didn’t understand etc. are things I too can or have done (will do?). It’s like I’m constantly being told of the mistakes I’ve made.

I get it. We are all One. We are all indivisible in our unity, in our similarities and differences. There but for the Grace of God, Go I.

Love

JL
Part of my own spiritual path and growth includes many helpings of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).

It does take a while between reading what is on the page (hearing the message), understanding what is on the page or being said and then letting it deeply sink in to the subconscious mind so that it becomes "second nature" and the previous behaviours which no longer serve becomes upgraded to a much better, functional "operating system".

I am forever saying "I should be doing this", or "I should not have done that"...however, "should", "could" and "must" are swear words in CBT. It becomes "I am not doing this, so either I do it or I do not do it" or "I have already done that so forget about it and move on".

There are also many irrational thought processes caused by conditioning and unrequited emotions leading to feelings of guilt, insufficiency, negativity and the erosion of self-worth.

Generalization, Catastrophizing, All-or-Nothing, let me see if I can find that list:
https://healthywa.wa.gov.au/Articles...hinking-styles

In a way, my path is more of a psychospiritual one because it is much harder to try and think of something positive than negative and you will seem to have less positive thoughts than negative ones, so if you only focus on the positive thoughts, the "monkey mind" chatter will slow down naturally...all by itself.

Then, if one has a negative experience and tries to think of positive stuff, then all of a sudden, you are in the "drivers seat" in the role of the observer... mindfulness is brought into the present moment, into the NOW and you realise that you are having NO thoughts at all because you can't think of anything either positive, negative or neutral and bliss ensues thereafter.

I still have to "catch myself" a few times a day...but it is like an electric fan...the blades will still spin around for some time even after the power supply has been disconnected.
Old 18-12-2019, 05:39 AM
janielee

Oh wow.

Thank you THANK YOU Shivani Devi

Old 18-12-2019, 06:00 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Part of my own spiritual path and growth includes many helpings of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).

It does take a while between reading what is on the page (hearing the message), understanding what is on the page or being said and then letting it deeply sink in to the subconscious mind so that it becomes "second nature" and the previous behaviours which no longer serve becomes upgraded to a much better, functional "operating system".

I am forever saying "I should be doing this", or "I should not have done that"...however, "should", "could" and "must" are swear words in CBT. It becomes "I am not doing this, so either I do it or I do not do it" or "I have already done that so forget about it and move on".

There are also many irrational thought processes caused by conditioning and unrequited emotions leading to feelings of guilt, insufficiency, negativity and the erosion of self-worth.

Generalization, Catastrophizing, All-or-Nothing, let me see if I can find that list:

In a way, my path is more of a psychospiritual one because it is much harder to try and think of something positive than negative and you will seem to have less positive thoughts than negative ones, so if you only focus on the positive thoughts, the "monkey mind" chatter will slow down naturally...all by itself.

Then, if one has a negative experience and tries to think of positive stuff, then all of a sudden, you are in the "drivers seat" in the role of the observer... mindfulness is brought into the present moment, into the NOW and you realise that you are having NO thoughts at all because you can't think of anything either positive, negative or neutral and bliss ensues thereafter.

I still have to "catch myself" a few times a day...but it is like an electric fan...the blades will still spin around for some time even after the power supply has been disconnected.

PS SD - what if the upbeat one doesn’t feel as natural?
Old 18-12-2019, 09:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee

Love

JL

Some messages bring good news, look at your mistakes as lessons to be learned.
Your wise enough to have recognized that your seeing in others what you don't like about yourself, that's a priceless message not everyone receives...
Old 18-12-2019, 09:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi

Love it
Old 06-01-2020, 11:31 PM
Guide
Or able to be answered. For all of life's problems there are solutions. To get the right answer you must ask the right kind of questions. Let us begin. To have open communication with each other is vital. Understand and acknowledge that communication is forged through actions as well as words. Communicate with the Self. Be honest. Honesty is the first quality of the finest spiritual mind. Effective communication needs to always be honest. An honest person is a vulnerable person. Human beings are imperfect and that is okay. It is okay to be vulnerable. Find comfort knowing that others too feel vulnerable. Be okay with being vulnerable. You must be what you are. You cannot be other than you. Be you. Simply you. Perfectly you.

Understand your strengths and harness the skills which you are good at. Do that which interests you. Do what you do because you love to do it. All the great innovations of your world were created by people who loved to do what they do. Understand that money is a means to an end and can only be that. Do not apologies for being you. Do not apologies for being the best you can be and failing. Do not be afraid to fail. To be wrong. Be the best you can be and when you fail, acknowledge your mistakes. Love mistake making. Be quick to take instruction from the mistakes that you make. The greatest teacher for yourself is yourself. Your mistakes are your greatest tool for teaching yourself what you most need to know.

Acknowledge the mistake making moment and learn from the mistake. When you do this, you honour the moment and your inherent intrinsic worth. Accept yourself. You are not perfect, but you are perfect in your imperfection.

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

*I hope you got a receipt for your goldfish.

"It is worst still to be ignorant of your own ignorance"
Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype
Old 06-01-2020, 11:48 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkade
Or able to be answered. For all of life's problems there are solutions. To get the right answer you must ask the right kind of questions. Let us begin. To have open communication with each other is vital. Understand and acknowledge that communication is forged through actions as well as words. Communicate with the Self. Be honest. Honesty is the first quality of the finest spiritual mind. Effective communication needs to always be honest. An honest person is a vulnerable person. Human beings are imperfect and that is okay. It is okay to be vulnerable. Find comfort knowing that others too feel vulnerable. Be okay with being vulnerable. You must be what you are. You cannot be other than you. Be you. Simply you. Perfectly you.

Understand your strengths and harness the skills which you are good at. Do that which interests you. Do what you do because you love to do it. All the great innovations of your world were created by people who loved to do what they do. Understand that money is a means to an end and can only be that. Do not apologies for being you. Do not apologies for being the best you can be and failing. Do not be afraid to fail. To be wrong. Be the best you can be and when you fail, acknowledge your mistakes. Love mistake making. Be quick to take instruction from the mistakes that you make. The greatest teacher for yourself is yourself. Your mistakes are your greatest tool for teaching yourself what you most need to know.

Acknowledge the mistake making moment and learn from the mistake. When you do this, you honour the moment and your inherent intrinsic worth. Accept yourself. You are not perfect, but you are perfect in your imperfection.

Some of your recommendations made me chuckle ...

I believe you had the best intentions, but honesty (you mentioned it several times) means also not to lie to ourselves, and inherently others when we (with our best intentions) make faulty recommendations.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:01 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Some of your recommendations made me chuckle ...

I believe you had the best intentions, but honesty (you mentioned it several times) means also not to lie to ourselves, and inherently others when we (with our best intentions) make faulty recommendations.

I am open to learning. Show me my faulty thinking so I might fix it. Specifics would be nice. Unless, perhaps, your comment was just a general comment. If so, glad I made you chuckle.

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

*I hope you got a receipt for your goldfish.

"It is worst still to be ignorant of your own ignorance"
Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype