Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 20-05-2018, 04:48 AM
Knower

"Believe", the prophet said

So I've never posted any of my dreams here before, but this one was particularly interesting and I wanted to share it and possibly get some other opinions on it.

My friends and I were in some sort of contest, but I either didn't want to participate or I wanted to cheat somehow, and I deviated from the path, but a spirit on horseback eventually caught up with me and brought me back. The next scene, we were viewing recordings of the contest in my childhood home with my friends and family. My part came up and I cringed and complained that I did terrible and I was stupid and so on, but my Mom pointed out that I still earned points or money or whatever was to be won in the game. The point being, I didn't realize that I had actually done well. It was quite surprising to me.

Next, another version of me came through the door and asked everyone to come outside. Apparently, Santa Clause was there, and this made me weep with joy as if it were a spiritual experience, like I could finally believe in the things I have been wanting to believe in. Afterwards, a procession of spiritual people came down my childhood street. Jesus was there, and acted more as a guide to the events of the dream (I suspect this may be my spirit guide, taking on the mask of Jesus). There was also a younger, middle eastern or Indian man who was a prophet. He was to touch each of us once and bestow us a gift. For me, he touched my arm and said "Believe". It felt like I received something, but I couldn't tell what it was at the time. Later, after others received their gifts, the prophet walked among us and "stumbled" over us, giving us more gifts, despite the protests of the guide. He and I became entangled, as if embracing, and the guide warned us that this would be the end of things, like the end of the world or something. I asked the prophet, "Will we be in heaven?", asking of everybody. He said, "Yes". I asked, "Will we be in love", again, of everybody, as if love were a concept one could go to. I don't know what he said in reply, but I get the impression that it was something along the lines of "You already know the answer". Something like that. I remember it was a positive response, as if he were smiling. At that point, the dream ended.

Was definitely one of the most powerful dreams I've ever had!
Old 20-05-2018, 05:40 AM
Master
the earlier part was as if a "life review". you'd completed the tasks set forth
for you in this lifetime. that everything was taking place at your childhood
home is saying that your procession through youth went well [you've graduated
into adulthood].
the second half is more of the same, but with a twist of requiring you to decide
if you'll continue with experiencing life as you have done, or evolve your
reality into a realm only dreamt of. the guide (jesus) warns of a 'finality'
which may amount to becoming unable to return to the state of being you
find yourself in now [once you've achieved enlightenment, you'll not return
into confusion].
Old 20-05-2018, 02:49 PM
Yaoughta

The first part could also be you internalizing guilt or shame over things you may have done in the past. It is showing you that all things are known and that all things are seen and you're still loved. All is well. Even if you did deviate from the path and go astray a bit, you eventually got there through guidance.

The second part is all about you recognizing your divine gifts. You just have to believe.
Old 20-05-2018, 05:36 PM
Knower
First off: What a wonderful dream! My first thought after reading was: what great confirmation that we truly have a "spirit team" that has our back, helping us on our way.

You mentioned that this dream was powerful for you. It sounds like you've been going through something in waking life that needed confirmation that you are on the right track. Even when we think we've deviated from our path, in actuality, we haven't. Everything happens for a reason. Have faith that you are supported no matter what you do.

Thanks for sharing such a poignant dream!
Old 20-05-2018, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator
I suspect this dream is about healing the core wound of feeling as though you are not enough. The dream seems to indicate that sometime in childhood you developed the idea that life is a contest to be won. This is not something you want to do because you may feel people have to cheat to win and/or you simple lack the confidence in yourself to win. You may see all your efforts as flawed failures when you indeed have done quite well at things. It's classic black and white thinking or being caught in a mindset of if we aren't winners we are losers. It's extremely damaging to our self esteem and is a sign of unrealistic pessimism. Seeing only our flaws and disregarding our strengths as if flaws define us over strengths.

The truth is neither should define us. We aren't all good or all bad. Completely competent or totally incompetent. We are all somewhere in the middle. We are just souls having a human experience. But living in a highly competitive world can cause us to slip into this idea we have to prove ourselves. If we start to sense we aren't doing it well we can lose our self esteem and belief in ourselves.
So the dream seems to be trying to guide you towards believing in yourself and your gifts.

The bit about the guide being bothered by you becoming entangled with the profit is throwing me a little. Do you know why they were against it? Possibly this part pointing out that you need not look outside yourself for wisdom. You have all you need within you. The second we lose sight of that and put our worth in other people's hands and a sure fire way to lose our individuality. But it could also be a sign that embracing this wisdom nature will help the old you fall away which can feel like death to our ego but really be a transition into unconditional self love. So I'd say ask yourself why tangling with the profit was wrong to discover some possible limiting belief holding you back.
Old 21-05-2018, 02:58 AM
Master
it's occurred to me that your earlier experiences, involving an attempt to
cheat the fortunes [alter fate], may have left a subtle imprint of judgment
on your spiritual adviser (represented by the Jesus character). when you
are later given the opportunity to reap the rewards of a bountiful life, that
guiding spirit reflects back to you the judgment of declining the gains you've
earned (the profits offered by the prophet), as if it were cheating somehow.
Old 21-05-2018, 05:54 AM
Knower

Thank you for the insights! They all make a lot of sense to me.

@Headintheclouds: You're exactly right. I've been looking into something that can help bring my spirituality into a career, and its been difficult to have faith in it. This dream definitely feels like a reminder that I'm on the right path!

@Michelle11: Yes, I've had a lot of pessimistic thinking in my life. As for the guide part, I think he was a little upset because the prophet was giving more gifts than he was "supposed" to, which leads me to believe these were guides or helpful spirits of mine in some way. It was as if the prophet wanted the embrace to happen. It could be as you suggest, that the guide wanted me to learn that I already have everything I need within. I half wonder if the prophet was my soulmate, because the embrace felt almost romantic. In any case, I don't think the guide was truly angry or anything, it just seemed like he was trying to direct the dream but the prophet sneakily caused the embrace to happen.
Old 21-05-2018, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator
That's a very limiting perspective that we aren't supposed to have too many gifts. Any time the word supposed pops up recognize that it is some idea likely fed to you by some misguided human. So the guide may actually be the human voices you have been following this life who caution about reaching too high or else you might be seen as greedy or something like that. Taking too much is a selfish thing is the possible message when we all deserves all the abundance and talents our hearts desire. You are learning to turn away from those limiting voices and follow your inner profit. Try to not let naysayers in your life convince you something isn't possible because anything is possible.
Old 21-05-2018, 06:59 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden_Greywolf
Thank you for the insights! They all make a lot of sense to me.

@Headintheclouds: You're exactly right. I've been looking into something that can help bring my spirituality into a career, and its been difficult to have faith in it. This dream definitely feels like a reminder that I'm on the right path!

Thank you for validating my 'gut instinct' on this. I too, have had dreams that are similar to what you described.

I also agree with Michelle11: You deserve everything your heart desires. Have faith in yourself!