Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 13-05-2013, 11:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
That was an amazing experience, but yes it is an experience unique to each individual...I can think of explanations, but they would only be speculation on my part....I would meditate on this experience and maybe you will get some clarity on it...

oh believe you me(!) i meditated on this experience a whole bunch. i mean, i was christian and had christian expectations and coming to consciousness with the experience fresh in mind/heart was not a little confusing. first it led me to explore hindu myths and then onto all kinds of different cultural "God" concepts, my horizons were broadened and made inclusive. a very good thing, imo.
Old 13-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattered Sheep
No, I don't want to sound oppressive, no....The Tanakh (OT) is full of grace and mercy, it is not all wrath, we cannot "sit" in the Scriptures concerning His Strong hand of Punishment toward sinful nations (wrath) oh yes, He was tough on His Israelites as well... Read Psalms, or Proverbs, The Torah, The prophets, etc. there is much grace and kindness to be found, yes we have to follow Him, but He is kind to those who seek Him, not just to Israel but to the Nation's as well. And those who chose to ignore Him, He does send up warning flares.

i don't think anyone is ignoring the psychopathic OT god. i know i do not. i look at Yaweh as the archetypal "image of man" out of which we, as a species, must evolve. a stark example of the primitive, violent, blood thirsty, jealous, judgmental, wrathful, aggressively territorial, lacking in basic self control aspect of the human psyche. a transitional entity symbolizing the between the beast and sublime divinity.

i view Yeshua as the archetypal image of "the next step" in our spiritual evolution. we still have a loooong Way to go.
Old 13-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Scattered Sheep

blasphemy. but you know that. Anyway when you walk into the eternal you do so by following in the Messiah's path. We are supposed to imitate him not run Him through a meat grinder of confusion and opinion.
Old 13-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Master
Quote:
blasphemy. but you know that. Anyway when you walk into the eternal you do so by following in the Messiah's path. We are supposed to imitate him not run Him through a meat grinder of confusion and opinion.

LOL blasphemy?! typical. next thing we know you'll be advocating that i be stoned to death as a witch and a heretic.

we can both play that game, Sheep. i could state that your backtracking into state of spiritual devolution is blasphemous of what is holy to me and is therefore counter productive to the survival of our species.

tsk tsk on you!
Old 13-05-2013, 04:45 PM
amy green

Question

Quote:
This begs here what the Messiah means. You have made it abundantly clear that, for you, this is the Old Testament God of wrath and revenge. Is that who you are imitating?

I choose to follow love.
Old 13-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Scattered Sheep

I will say it again, please study so I do not have to repeat this, The "Testaments", (poor translation) are not separate. He is not wrathful, you are full of superstition. Those who are brought before Him in Judgement and are opposed to Him will be punished, yes, but it will be a certain and just punishment. At least these responses are proclaiming truth! You want to follow love? Choose the One who first loved you. You still have time, people, CHOOSE! Time is short.
Old 13-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Master
Sheep ... you called me a "blasphemer" simply because i view Yeshua as a step in humanity's spiritual evolutionary process, a mitigating element to offset the primitive simpleminded brutality of "The Father".

your god doesn't need to judge me, Sheep, since you already have, even though my spiritual choices have been all about Love and the evolution/redemption of my species
Old 13-05-2013, 05:32 PM
Scattered Sheep

I did not call "You" a blasphemer, I said blasphemy to the idea. I did not name call, quote me. This idea has been labeled as such for a long time, I am not the first and not the last.
Old 13-05-2013, 06:00 PM
Master
Quote:
I did not call "You" a blasphemer, I said blasphemy to the idea. I did not name call, quote me. This idea has been labeled as such for a long time, I am not the first and not the last.

okay but your denial looks like a hairsplitting finagle to me. you accuse me of knowingly committing "blasphemy". if this were true then i would be a "blasphemer". yes? no?

btw, witch hunters and heretic accusers have always used some scripture or another to condemn (and often imprison and murder) those whose point of view don't serve the status quo by conforming to the authoritative norm. sadly i must concur with you that you aren't the first nor will you be the last to make moralistic accusations based on scripture.
Old 13-05-2013, 06:29 PM
amy green

Question

Quote:
I will say it again, please study so I do not have to repeat this, The "Testaments", (poor translation) are not separate. He is not wrathful, you are full of superstition. Those who are brought before Him in Judgement and are opposed to Him will be punished, yes, but it will be a certain and just punishment. At least these responses are proclaiming truth! You want to follow love? Choose the One who first loved you. You still have time, people, CHOOSE! Time is short.
To cite just 2 glaring examples that contradict you here, revealing the Old Testament God to be indeed one of wrath and revenge (as is commonly understood to be the case):-

In Genesis 7:21-23, God drowns the entire population of the earth: men, women, children, fetuses, and animals.
In Exodus 12:29, God the baby-killer slaughters all Egyptian firstborn children and cattle because their king was stubborn.

..............feel the love?