Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 03-09-2016, 03:57 AM
Experiencer

Are there any Native Americans left in Illinois or Missouri?

While the Europeans have committed genocide and stripped away tribal identity across the globe, we are victims as well. The Celts, Slavs, and Goths lost their tribal identity to the Romans long ago. That's why the "white man" feels the need to deny others what he has lost.

But despite the interference of European bloodlines and modern ways, there are still many tribes who have followed the old ways for 50,000 years. I think Brazil alone has 50-100 uncontacted tribes. The San in Africa are believed to be one of Earth's oldest stable societies, as are the aboriginals of Australia and the surrounding islands. I long to be part of such a rich natural culture.

But my bloodline is from Ireland, Germany, and Russia. Places with pagan hunter-gatherers found only in history books. A little bit of Cherokee too, but the Native Americans suffered horrible losses upon European colonization. I think perhaps because many were so peaceful. The people on North Sentinel Island near India have remained uncontacted for 50,000 years; when anyone approaches the island, the locals shoot arrows at them. Good for them. But since I lack any roots to my own tribal roots, I must plant myself where I am.

I'm in the low wet montane forests of the Ozarks, along the New Madrid fault where two continents smashed together. I think the Mississippi River might be what remains of the sea that divided them. Dormant volcanoes to the south may slumber but rumble, perhaps to be awakened by frakking for gas. I also wander to the plains of the east in search of food.

So are there any Native American tribes left in Missouri or Illinois who might teach me the ways of this land? Or if not, any reservations or native communities near the Ozarks? People with some roots in a tribal culture that may be open to helping a lost white girl?
Old 05-09-2016, 07:49 PM
Experiencer

Such a shame too. Such a shame that there's even a concept of a "reservation". The Europeans should've stayed in Europe, maintained the ways of their ancestors, and kept a close bond with the Earth. Leaving the Native Americans in peace to do the same. :(
Old 05-09-2016, 08:35 PM
Administrator
Amen to that

Namaste
Old 12-10-2016, 03:30 AM
Knower
There's a big big pipeline company going against Standing Rock Reserve, now there's all different native bands from all over the world taking a stand with this Standing Rock, North Dakota area i think, so if you close by there, you should go there, and ask the elders
Old 04-12-2016, 11:52 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamyMaryAlice
There's a big big pipeline company going against Standing Rock Reserve, now there's all different native bands from all over the world taking a stand with this Standing Rock, North Dakota area i think, so if you close by there, you should go there, and ask the elders

The pipeline is set to end it southern Illinois too! And people here are actually HAPPY about it! It sickens me....At least in this area, the news rarely even mentions any of it, only to have a couple families blather on about the pipeline "helping the economy". I want so bad to travel up north and make what impact I can, but I've already been under federal scrutiny and don't want to put my loved ones at risk....This whole globe is spinning out of control and it makes me feel so helpless! :(
Trigger Warning: I am neither FDA Approved nor USDA Certified. Certain subject matter is prohibited by federal law; I'm a good girl, so please don't publicly discuss such things with me. Privately message me if you'd like to ask personal questions.

My advice may contain words known in the state of California to offend people. Attempt any activities I discuss at your own risk. I ask odd questions and give answers you won't want to hear. Come to me as a last resort.
Old 13-12-2016, 06:27 AM
Knower
Yes I always feel sadness in my heart, knowing all the people at Standing Rock are really getting attacked by alot of police from different states, government is totally ignoring all of this too, not worried that people can be killed, the veterans came to help them out at least, for a little while but a really harsh weather set in so mostly every body left that camp site, now seems like the police are trying again to planning attacks, on who's still at the camp site, the police are protecting the pipeline companies, so sad they don't care that it will poison millions of people's drinking water
Old 14-12-2016, 02:47 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSun
Such a shame too. Such a shame that there's even a concept of a "reservation". The Europeans should've stayed in Europe, maintained the ways of their ancestors, and kept a close bond with the Earth. Leaving the Native Americans in peace to do the same. :(
White people even shot rockets to the moon.
And Mars.
Old 14-12-2016, 06:15 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogenblue
White people even shot rockets to the moon.
And Mars.
You say those things like they're accomplishments, despite the far greater number of atrocities humans of all ethnicities have committed. Yeah, we've made it off this beautiful pebble we call home, and now we're polluting the moon and other celestial neighbors with our plastic junk. So cool.
Trigger Warning: I am neither FDA Approved nor USDA Certified. Certain subject matter is prohibited by federal law; I'm a good girl, so please don't publicly discuss such things with me. Privately message me if you'd like to ask personal questions.

My advice may contain words known in the state of California to offend people. Attempt any activities I discuss at your own risk. I ask odd questions and give answers you won't want to hear. Come to me as a last resort.
Old 14-12-2016, 07:46 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSun
You say those things like they're accomplishments, despite the far greater number of atrocities humans of all ethnicities have committed. Yeah, we've made it off this beautiful pebble we call home, and now we're polluting the moon and other celestial neighbors with our plastic junk. So cool.
I stayed in Europe. I know my place.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:07 AM
Knower

I don't know about natives from these actual states, but I do know for sure there are a few descendants of Sand Creek Massacre victims here in St. Louis.