Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 31-03-2015, 07:08 AM
Master

Birds!

I live on a second floor flat and have put out feeders on my windows for the birds - am I likely to attract any? I did see a little tit on one of the feeders but I haven't seen any since??
Old 31-03-2015, 07:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
I live on a second floor flat and have put out feeders on my windows for the birds - am I likely to attract any? I did see a little tit on one of the feeders but I haven't seen any since??

They'll probably come eventually, but careful they don't hurt themselves by flying into your windows.
Old 31-03-2015, 10:00 AM
Master
Hello Belle.
Gem is right, it can take a while.
Sometimes having a secured/anchored dish of freshwater can be more attractive.
Be aware of what birds are available in your area, and find out what they like to eat.
Many bird types are not into eating seeds. Some are more into insects, or vegetable matter.
Our local parrots are into seeds, vegetables and fruit. But what attracts these type of parrots is a dish of water with bread bits dipped in honey.

I find it difficult to avoid birds flying into the window, unless a non-reflective screen, or a screen that breaks up the outdoor reflection on the windows is used.
Otherwise they will think the reflection is an opening to the sky like through a gap in a tree. It is always a sad thing to see a dead, or crippled bird, on the floor under the window.

My neighbor uses a fine/thin strip cane blind over her window (outside) which still allows plenty of light in and a good view of the outside world.
Old 31-03-2015, 12:44 PM
StarRobin

I think they'll come for the food eventually. I had a suet sunflower seed mix that was stuffed into a coconut shell and that went very well with long-tail tit birds (or coal tit birds). I sometimes throw out meal worms for magpies and apparently robins like them too. I did have one of those feeders that you store nuts and seeds in, but it seems when the birds went to it and gripped on, it was falling to the ground!
Old 02-04-2015, 11:18 PM
Experiencer

hello

birds here
Old 04-04-2015, 09:16 AM
Master

Hello birds!

Well the tit still comes, and sniffs around. I have dried worm food and seeds out so hopefully different birds will come. I love the sound of bird song.

It's difficult a bit to tell if the feeders are going down. THey might be but it might be cos they are blown about in the wind.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:56 PM
zombie

They should. Works best when it is not too suspicious.
Old 14-04-2015, 08:40 PM
Master

Oh no!!!!

i've had to take them down, I'm not allowed anything hanging from the windows ! Such a shame. And I had a robin and blackbird to add to the tit. I feel for the poor birds who were beginning to explore. THis morning, a robin hopped along the window ledge between feeders having a good little look around.

I'm sad.
Old 30-04-2015, 02:42 PM
Knower
So sorry you had to take them down, Belle. Your intentions were good.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:16 PM
Master

Thank you. I was sad yesterday, I pigeon came and hopped along a window ledge. It looked hopeful and there was nothing I could do. But I was grateful for the visit.

But I gave htem to a friend of mine and she is happy with the birds that have been attracted. So, there is a happy friend and a happy little girl seeing the birds.