Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 12-05-2020, 02:42 AM
Pathfinder

Empath in need of defense help

Hi so I’m a newly developed empath. I’ve been spiritually awakening for quite some time now and I need help defending myself against my highly negative mother. Her energy sometimes nearly suffocates me. What can I do to defend myself? Can imagery help? Like imagining a white light around myself? Or no, I don’t know if it can but it isn’t working for me. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 12-05-2020, 03:05 AM
Master

I used to build golden-white light cocoon around me, for cleansing, healing, rejuvenation and protection. That gave me the feeling and the confidence I were protected.

I wonder: what does being an empath mean to you? How have yo developed into being one now?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 12-05-2020, 04:53 AM
Guide

Honestly, I think sitting down with your mom, and having a real discussion, one day....about why she thinks and feels the way she does...is will be your best offense. Defense is for those drawing enemy lines, or thwarting something off..which leads to resistance.. Defense, builds up resentment & walls. I think personally, it's better to be on the offense...be proactive, and get to understand your mother. She is your mother...when you have truly exhausted your efforts, in a mature way....then, the best defense is space...until you both can level up and sit down like two adults who have things in common...than just blood.

I can't tell you many times, I went on the defense...only to have things unravel right before me. Example, being attacked verbally, sabotaged, and lied about by individuals...and wanting justice to be done. Only to become friends later on... getting to know people on a personal, deeper level... becoming an ally, someone they confide in, someone they come to for help....then watch that same justice I wanted before I knew them, swoop right in at a time when I no longer felt that anger at them. Actually, having to help them through it, too...and remembering back to before I knew their story, and wanting them to pay for what they had done... especially, after I had moved on from whatever happened, and became friends with them...then the universe comes right in and brings down the house of justice. It's so odd how that works out... it's like, why now? Now, I have to help them...it's like the whole karmic wheel made a full circle...even though I was initially the innocent party...

I know in time, understanding, compassion, and getting to know people...changes perceptions, feelings, ECT.....even with those I don't come to that conclusion with, for whatever reasons...the backstory of their lives are almost always the same as the ones I do, if not worst.

Maybe, you could try to do something nice for your mother...you both together, and work in it from there...and on those days you can't, and you need a break...
Go do something nice for yourself....then come back later, and try again...or put some space there to to get a grip on your own emotions.
Old 12-05-2020, 04:58 AM
asearcher

hi i have linked this video from you tube called 9 self care tips for exhausted empaths, hope it helps https://youtu.be/hTVno82PD7I

i have been told by a psyciatrist i was overly empathic which i strangely never thought i have been, you are who you are, right. I tend to feel other people's emotions as they are taking over my own emotions, I was born this way. When i had past life memories nad later found out who this person was she was described to have had the same personality I have which make sense and in that life it was a struggle to build up a defense. I found this video helping for me. You can still help your mom but you need breaks and need to find a way to find a break within yourself so you can gather energy in between. One has to learn how one can but does not have to have other peoples emotions take over, please check out this video https://youtu.be/gLaWCrbTYuM
Old 12-05-2020, 05:31 AM
Master

@ RadiantPearl ... the in-depth resolution is transcendence. However on a practical note, stillness & silence entwined with our innate inner infectious joyousness is the opportunity offered in the seeming negativity, preceded if we wish by simply looking at our consciousness contraction nonchalantly and flicking away that aspect within, to which lower vibrations are drawn.

Continuous contemplative consciousness correction.

I don’t know if you may find the following lines relevant ...

Arrow piercing space
Draws no blood
Such is divine grace
Once understood

Empty shell magnetic
Free of ego borne rancour
Joyous-blissful-ecstatic
Offers lower mind no anchor

Wisdom is yet imbibed
As an osmotic assimilation
Bliss that cannot be described
An ever present orientation

Old 12-05-2020, 06:31 AM
ant

Change mindset,non react,become indifferent,nonchalant,change energy field.

Adopt,water off a ducks back.
Old 12-05-2020, 07:08 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPearl
Hi so I’m a newly developed empath. I’ve been spiritually awakening for quite some time now and I need help defending myself against my highly negative mother. Her energy sometimes nearly suffocates me. What can I do to defend myself? Can imagery help? Like imagining a white light around myself? Or no, I don’t know if it can but it isn’t working for me. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The bright light scenario is a good way of protection but if that doesn't feel right try every morning when you have a shower,imagine that the water is some kind of protection when it falls all over your body or that you are wrapped in a blue cloak with a hood.
Old 12-05-2020, 07:19 AM
Master
Quote:

Ultimately if you understand how to take care of yourself with the moment as things arise you then train yourself in that moment, to feel and let go. Suffocation means your not handling theflow in feeling in yourself. If your more attuned to ‘reaction’ rather than honest self reflection then you have to develop a practice where you and your containment reacting, gets completely out of the way. You can do a stop, breathe, pause response, to stop yourself taking in and locking her negativity into you. Then you move inwardly into yourself and notice what’s going on inside you. If your not reacting in yourself, her stuff can’t penetrate your being. But if your reacting, getting all worked up or stifled etc, you need to tend to that. The other practice is bare feet on the earth, blowing out to allow everything contained to be released. Grounding and centeredness is a huge lesson for empaths. If your clearer and feel strong, your less likely to take her energy on. More inclined to be neutral, towards it.

She is your teacher. If you learn to practice through her you’ll be very equipped to manage negativity in others and life. The mother source is often a representation of your own feminine connection in you for you.
Old 13-05-2020, 12:55 AM
Master
Hello Pearl -

Some general advice in here:

https://www.bustle.com/articles/1112...-toxic-parents

Old 13-05-2020, 12:31 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Begin with yourself, because this post is a reflection of your consciousness and has very little to do with your mother. "Defending yourself" won't help because even after you might find some coping strategies - which is what you're looking for - because the perceptual framework that you used to create this reality will still be in place. If you define your mother as being "highly negative" for instance that's what she is in your reality, and your mindset will follow that train of thought. If you define your mother as someone in need of help - which is what an empath would do - then your mindset will be focussed on your mother and resolving her underlying issues - and thereby resolving yours.

Sometimes situations such as these show us that we're still a way away from Unconditional Love.