Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 15-08-2018, 04:46 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I've never got over the sheer arrogance of individual humans on this tiny planet on the Orion spur of the Milky Way actually believing the universe, whether the physical one or god, is going to bow to their needs, listen and provide (more than what the ecology does). But I have to grant you it is a belief so those who believe it have presumably validated it in some way. Perhaps some people are closer god than others - more favoured?

Well, it can't - in the examples I gave. It won't work for anyone in the same context either. Think about it. Have a look through the forum. How many would love to change their lives - the sad, the depressed, the hurt, the fearful....and wonder if they all practiced this LoA their problems would be solved. But many can't because of the circumstances of their plight. So...tell us how for instance someone can believe they're not-depressed if they're depressed? It just isn't the magic wand it's made out to be.
A swindle...about making money selling books and lectures/courses.

Likewise to you, too. pax luxque tecum.

1. I agree that most LOA peddlers do it for money, and they have no clue what they're talking about

2. The fact that one doesn't understand something, doesn't mean that nobody can understand it, or can make use of it.
Old 15-08-2018, 07:59 AM
Lorelyen

Yep. A few months ago I signed up for a weekend course on this sort of stuff and there they were, a lot of eager sycophants sitting soaking up the rhetoric, questions loaded toward factoid answers that were meant to seem obvious. The attendees nodded and chuckled on cue, the speakers allowed dramatic pauses to let ideas sink in. Nice histrionics. If I remember right, all but one of the attendees were women.

What wasn't required was someone asking doubt-casting questions, like things I described further up the thread. I was soon ostracised and left after the first day. It was suggested I leave for being disruptive though I claimed one shouldn't just accept things without feeling comfortable with the issue. Simple dielectics.

(I admit though that signing up was mischief on my part since I'd already encountered one of the main LoA protagonists via literature, looked him up to find he'd been torn apart by a journalist/adept from the Guardian newspaper. The adept concluded that this guru couldn't possibly himself believe what he was trying to persuade others to believe. He wanted to sell books. He declared to the journalist that he was very wealthy. (Can't mention his name because of forum rules but let's just say it begins with D).

I was more interested in process than content and I could see how easily the vulnerable were turned on to this new conditioning. Not that I'm thinking of making money with some pseudo self-help variant. Looks easy though. Write a booklet, get a few mates to give it exceptional reviews...
The process of validation has always concerned some of us. LoA is exceptionally difficult to validate because too many other factors come into play....but it sells.
Old 13-10-2018, 05:27 PM
Ascender
Walsh and Wattles were my early induction into manifesting deliberately.Thank you for this reminder.
Old 27-10-2018, 01:15 AM
Knower
I was already “manifesting” before I even knew what manifesting was..lol..I never saw myself as a Victim even as a Teen, therefore, it was easy to see my part in every event/consequence/decision, etc, that had occurred around me...I’d noticed that my Beliefs did indeed create my Reality...Because all I had to do was change my Beliefs to see my Reality change...lol....I only discovered Walsch, Abraham Hicks and Seth books about 3 yrs ago (I’m 49 y/o now) after some physical phenomenons occurred that I could not get logic to explain away...These books (and other Soul books) only confirmed for me how I’ve been conducting my life..:-)...LOA is very Real.
Old 21-11-2018, 02:17 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder

Thank you for this!