Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-07-2015, 08:56 PM
Knower
I can relate to your post, metal68. I do believe in reincarnation, but I have this feeling that it may not be true and a big disappointment of hopes. I research to hope for REAL proof, so I don't feel conned in the end over deluded faith and I am definitely a skeptic myself.
Old 15-07-2015, 09:11 PM
Guide
Okay guys, @Sisyphus I can relate to so much of what you have said.

@metal68 I'll share my 2 cents with both of you here and maybe it will help??

I started meditating to quiet my mind. I used to do guided meditations, for mindfulness by Jon Kabat Zinn, but you can just type "guided meditation for ________" into YouTube or Google :) 5 minutes a day will help with anxiety.

And it did for me. Then I moved to 10 minutes a day because I felt that's what I should be doing. I got into the idea of "creating space between your thoughts" and kept on going with this, for about 2 years, not really thinking too much of it, just benefitting from its impact on my life.

Then around 2013 things started getting intense whenever I meditated. At this point I was meditating for at least and hour a day and practising yoga. Some days I spent hours in meditation, like we're talking all day(I was also raw vegan during this time - and I was a long time vegan too. It's relevant to be as clean as possible if you want to reach higher states I find. )

I found it was easy to sit in meditation for hours because I was having "break-throughs" and "ego deaths" every time I sat in meditation. I tried teaching myself how to see my aura that's when things got much more intense. I started practising open-eye meditation and I started to see some very fascinating things. I saw the illusionary nature of this wold and how everything is pure energy. Have you ever seen Star Trek? And the way there is holodecks? It's like the holodecks switched off and all that was left behind was this space - but it wasn't black, it went on for eternity and it was loving and gold/rosey ( perhaps that is just my aura ) - the last form I saw dissolve was my body/face and I became the energy. It was everything and it was me. I was it. And things went on like that for a couple months. I had tried astral travelling and I managed to get to the vibrational-stage....But no further. Then I hadn't life happened and I could no longer meditate for that long...But I had many experiences then that changed my perception. I was pretty much an agnostic/athiest up until that time.

Now when I get into that frame of mind, I can tap into all sorts of things. I can "see" all sorts of entities ( but I'm still on the fence as to whether they are independent of my mind or if they are aspects of my mind I'm projecting, like much of the "things" I see. I have "seen" a person I believe I'm connected to remotely doing various things. He comes to me. Again, still unsure whether I am actually seeing HIM or just my mind projecting a manifestation of him ( I do think of him as my "Divine Masculine, as in, if I were Ia guy, I'd be him... never believed in any of this - or experienced any of this until after I met him in 2013 I should add ). And I should also clarify what happens when I "see" these things. I am not talking about when you read a book/description or red roses and suddenly you can see your interpretation of red roses in your head, or you mind. I'm taking about when you eyes are open and you can see all that is around you and there are also non physical beings in front of you - they are like made of blue light, and the more I surrender to the experience, the more immersive they become. I've also seen the Flower of Life glyph many times in this manner - sometimes not even meditating.... it's just there....!

Look I know all of this sounds totally bonkers. I even doubted it myself for months. I thought I was losing the plot. But now I know I'm not. I think if I was, these things would have a more negative impact on my life, and they don't - I'm pretty much impartial to them.

I find my dreams intense and look to them for guidance. I find you can never really know what is happening because in a sense, EVERYTHING is in your mind, so meditation is like playing the game of life and cheating the mind at it's own game. I believe all the other perks are helping one to see past the mind's grasp too, to make us question our reality, question what the duck life itself is, to question who we are at our very core, face our deepest fears and see them for what they are, smoke and mirrors.

I know all of what I've written sounds bizarre until you've experienced something yourself. I never really knew what any of this stuff was about, I kinda got thrown in the deep end ( and I tend to dive in to more than I can handle at times ) but I do know this; it's given me a sense of peace and a sense of grounding and knowing who I am. Even though I still can't answer that question with a fixed identity other than, Me. :L :P But it has benefitted me and all of my life experiences since - even the horrific ones have all benefited me today. This all happened to me in a whirlwind over the last 2-3 years. I've still much to learn and grow and much to read as I'm still only a young one!

I've found that no matter how much you intelectually understand something noting beats direct experience... Soooo I'd recommend some teachers if you want to begin?? ( well this is what I did, you may find something else works for you and go with that )

Books:
Osho
The Tibetan Book of The Dead

On YouTube:

Guided Meditations
Binaural Beats for Lucd Dreaming ( play this while going to sleep, particularly around the Full Moon )
Osho
Mooji
Alan Watts
Terrance McKenna
Jason Silva ( he speaks enthusiastically fast though :/ )
Teal Swan
Use discernment when listening to a spiritual teacher, while they all offer some good advice you are not going to agree with them all, or even resonate with what the are saying. If you ain't feeling them don't stick around... maybe come back another time :)

If you are into Crystals, meditate with one you resonate with ( if not don't worry, I only got into crystals after all these experiences )

I would recommend eating vegan, or better, raw vegan because the energy of meat is very dense and doesn't help for meditation. If your really dedicated you should maybe fast on deep-transcendental meditation days.

Drink all the water that is humanely possible ;)

Live with an open heart and and open mind in every situation !! <3

Good luck on your journey,
Love & Light!!!
Old 19-07-2015, 03:40 PM
Ascender

Very heated debate in the pub last night; general consensus was its all wishful thinking to negate the fear of death. Thing is I felt like jumping off a bridge myself by chucking out time. One person kind of summed it up and said why would the universe give you another chance. He actually got pretty irate and banged his fist down saying that its just like going to sleep and not waking up again. The usual arguments came up about ants, dogs, cats etc and they are the sort of thing that troubles me as well. If there is an afterlife, then its actually a natural process isn't it; we should have harder evidence.
Old 19-07-2015, 04:01 PM
Master
I used to be in the "Work Hard, Breed, buy a house, get out of debt, retire, die, The End' camp also.
I tried to be a good person and citizen and not break too many of the 10 Commandments, harm others or innocent beings and generally donated to charities, spoke kindly to people and so on, because
1: It felt better than being utterly jaded to have a smidgen of hope,
2: because 'just in case' there was a Here After I wanted a deposit getting me in the good real estate section which wasn't overly heated and smelled like sulfur. lol

But in general everything was unprovable and a big IF. Either side of any view point could be shot full of holes. In fact it was much easier to tear down a view point than it was to find enough evidence to lean towards a particular view point. Life seemed rather pointless in fact. Human evolved from the primordial sludge which no one could actually explain where the sludge or spark of animating consciousness came from. The Big Picture was bleak and unprovable, and life a biological freak accident with no point and no punch line.

Until 4 years ago.

Life, Science, the rules of physics and everything else got turned upside down in a single pivotal event at 2 pm in the after noon on Dec 9 2011.

It's been a lot of sorting out what IS from what was Illusion ever since, un-programming the junk put in my brain from birth, getting my field clean, chakras up and smooth running, meditation a habit and so on. Things are fairly stable now and my reality and general consciousness has been greatly expanded and I've survived that with sanity intact, and managed to get a nice extra benefits tool box installed to handle and decode the expanded reality with. lol

All I can tell you metal68 is I feel your frustration and extreme desire to KNOW positively one way or the other. The desire to just get it on the table and answered once and for all - its an incredible driving force coming from within..
.... keep asking, keep searching.

One day the answers will land on you like a comet and change your life for the rest of your days in human body and after the dust settles you'll be happy the proverbial comet hit you. :)

And when it happens you'll understand when faced with someone earnestly seeking and scared that they'll find nothing, that you can't help them, or convince them - all you can do is tell them "What you are Seeking is real, its worth it, and it'll change your life when you find it - Don't give up, don't go quietly into that dark night my friend, don't throw in the towel and become one of the walking dead, look inside - your back stage pass to the Universe is hidden inside you!"
Old 19-07-2015, 04:34 PM
Ascender

Would you share the details of the event with me, or consider a PM, I would love to know more
Old 19-07-2015, 05:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Would you share the details of the event with me, or consider a PM, I would love to know more

Mines like 10,000 told through the ages, mysterious, improbable, impossible, unfathomable and yet still what happened. Read any of them - change the name, dates, faces and places and put a modern spin on the details and that's my story.... and still unfolding cause it's the Never Ending Story

I used to tell it a lot, you can probably find it on the internet in a forum here or there under this user name, but I tend to not tell it anymore, as each time I do a little magic leaks out.
Sort of like a favorite item, the more you use it the closer it gets to wearing out, the more it looses its shine and luster. The more only certain details of it still stand out and but the rest fades away.

Remember that for when your own story activates - don't over tell it or you'll rob some of the magic from it. Keep it close and special.
Old 21-07-2015, 02:22 AM
Newbie ;)

I struggle with similar skepticism but am having unexplained experiences (mediumship) while alone about people I didn't know related to those I barely knew (before confirming my experiences.)

I struggle with this because it's been difficult for me to accept the possibility that our own creativity is the language used by Spirit. Creativity is the language of the soul, and it is through that that I've come to accept my own gifts as being something supernatural or unexplained.

Right now I'm not trying to explain anything or even fully believe in anything. When I accept uncertainty but stride forward into the suspension of disbelief, the world changes for me. That's real. I know that part of it is real, and I'm okay with accepting that I really know nothing at all :)
Old 21-07-2015, 02:24 AM
Newbie ;)

@MysticalShaman Amazing!! Thank you for sharing this
Old 25-07-2015, 12:02 AM
Master

Quote:
This is where I'm at after 50 plus books that Ive read on it all over the past four months. Still Mr Cynical. I do wonder are we all kidding ourselves deep down. Its unbearable isn't it, losing loved ones, ageing, the thought of ceasing to exist. It wouldn't be surprising would it. Authors making money out of it, a whole growth industry. If there wasn't an afterlife we still would invent one,so how do we know we haven't??

ghosts; still not convincing evidence, not ONE clear photo

NDEs; my own sister had one but they could be purely a mental thing. Same with OBEs and Astral Projection, all brain created.

Mediumship; full of frauds and charlatans. Even then subconscious cold readings, even super psi cant be ruled out

Past Life Regression; sounds convincing but is it? Can people lie under hypnosis? Plus if you go into a regression session, you are expecting one anyway and who knows how far the subconscious mind goes in creating one already?

After Death Communications; again its all subjective, I just don't buy the idea of feathers from the other side.

I really want to believe but there isn't anything that is definitive, that cant be swayed to fit the pov of a sceptic or a believer. Feeling very disillusioned in the search. Too many conflicting things from so called firm sources, too much talk about aliens & sasquatch too! Victor zammit and others like him really mean well but then clearly get taken in by fakery like materialisations conveniently in the dark etc etc

If there is an afterlife, then its part of the universe, surely we can detect it, surely we would be seeing hard evidence?

Anyone else here who thinks we are kidding ourselves?

I can only speak on one experience. I once had such an experience. Guess it doesn't happen that much. Science doesn't take subjects such as the afterlife seriously. I think it doesn't know how to. Surely you can't have hard evidence if you don't have tests.

I once had an (paranormal) experience I can't deny, was something I saw and touched validated by my senses when I was very young. When you're able to see something physically all's you can say is there was some type of input picked up. I don't know if children are more sensitive and receptive and they don't deny what they see. But why is it so difficult to capture. I think this is a reality.

Such events may never happen in a persons lifetime, what if this were normal, not seeing anything or it happens one time in a life. Such materialization are outside of input. You can only confirm when it enters the visible range. Now I didn't choose it, I mean I wasn't looking to have or experience it. The reality is it doesn't happen all the time only part of the time. The controls are so different. What is the rule of science testing a theory and the paranormal doesn't fit very well at all because in science it can't be reproduced each time with any frequency. Yes it would fail not to happen. Also the events do appear localized and happens only within certain spaces.

My own experience say's we aren't kidding ourselves. I can only say one time and possible one other time, though it was a different experience. Experiences will also be different. Anyway I would like to reproduce them but it hasn't happened.......lol. I just think there's more out there we don't see. If all experiences are similar, upon having your own, there would be no doubt at first. I have to say I don't understand why they're around.
Old 02-08-2015, 03:56 AM
TheReductionist

Quote:
Very heated debate in the pub last night; general consensus was its all wishful thinking to negate the fear of death. Thing is I felt like jumping off a bridge myself by chucking out time. One person kind of summed it up and said why would the universe give you another chance. He actually got pretty irate and banged his fist down saying that its just like going to sleep and not waking up again. The usual arguments came up about ants, dogs, cats etc and they are the sort of thing that troubles me as well. If there is an afterlife, then its actually a natural process isn't it; we should have harder evidence.

what kind of evidence do you seek? Isn't the theory that energies cannot be destroyed sufficient evidence?

our bodies will wither so will our mind... but consciousness (perhaps a different form than we know it and experienced it) can possibly just move onto a different plane of existence.

there's a theory in quantum mechanics: google panpsychism and go to the stanford philosophy link

so, afterlife as in a heaven with gates and stuff? not sure, probably not. after life as in, another plane where our consciousness can continue to exist? possible.

:)