Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 11-02-2017, 01:43 PM
Newbie ;)

What happens to the soul after death?

A simple question.

What in your opinion happens to the soul after death, here I am speaking about a "normal" person, not an immortal, not an enlightened soul, just the soul of a normal person, an ego-based entity

Not looking for hand me down theories, but insights from people who know.

Thank you.

Richard.
Old 11-02-2017, 08:49 PM
Burntfruit

I think the soul is you. You, the self aware person with the identity is the soul.

soul
[səʊl]
NOUN

the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal.
synonyms: soul · psyche · inner self · inner being · essential being ·
pneuma · anima · ego · id · ka · atman
Old 11-02-2017, 10:18 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntfruit
I think the soul is you. You, the self aware person with the identity is the soul.

soul
[səʊl]
NOUN

the spiritual or immaterial part of a human being or animal, regarded as immortal.
synonyms: soul · psyche · inner self · inner being · essential being ·
pneuma · anima · ego · id · ka · atman

I was precise in my question, I do not mean an enlightened self aware person but a normal ego based entity.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Norman
A simple question.

What in your opinion happens to the soul after death, here I am speaking about a "normal" person, not an immortal, not an enlightened soul, just the soul of a normal person, an ego-based entity

Thank you.

Richard.

I base my reply on what I have experienced with a Soul, though know it is never "one size fits all".

The body shuts down and heart stops etc. The energetic part of the Being leaves that body. The energetic part is the 'person'. The body is literally only a shell. The person/Soul is a fully conscious living Being with thought, emotion, consciousness, memory, everything.

Some go straight out to the situation in the next dimension with which they most harmonise energetically in their deepest desires and characteristics.

But some do not go that quickly. They have their reasons. Sometimes it's a bond of love and loyalty for someone still living here. (Some may have other reasons to linger in the denser environment.)
Whatever that Being chooses to do it is their own choice. Most of that choice comes from the main driving-force within that Being, and not just superficial thoughts. But no-one makes any other do anything. All have choice.

They have choice as far as what they wish to do, and for 'how long -in Earth timing' they wish to do it.
Again there is nothing and no-one forcing them against their will.

Time comes when those ones begin to be drawn to some more whole part of their consciousness, and so start to refine, and in so doing, re-gravitate to another situation in the next dimension. They are 'pulled' by the natural magnetic force of their own energy into the state/place which most harmonises with them and the major important things in their Heart-felt Self.

Those for whom the physical illness which caused their passing means very little, will not carry it with them. If they haven't identified themselves with that illness it will not be there when they leave the body.

A sort of 'distillation' takes place in which the strongest or most pronounced elements of that Soul will be refined.

What happens outside of all that or beyond all that I could speculate on but won't, as I prefer to limit my answer only to what I know up to this point, as you have asked.
Old 12-02-2017, 06:17 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I base my reply on what I have experienced with a Soul, though know it is never "one size fits all".

The body shuts down and heart stops etc. The energetic part of the Being leaves that body. The energetic part is the 'person'. The body is literally only a shell. The person/Soul is a fully conscious living Being with thought, emotion, consciousness, memory, everything.

Some go straight out to the situation in the next dimension with which they most harmonise energetically in their deepest desires and characteristics.

But some do not go that quickly. They have their reasons. Sometimes it's a bond of love and loyalty for someone still living here. (Some may have other reasons to linger in the denser environment.)
Whatever that Being chooses to do it is their own choice. Most of that choice comes from the main driving-force within that Being, and not just superficial thoughts. But no-one makes any other do anything. All have choice.

They have choice as far as what they wish to do, and for 'how long -in Earth timing' they wish to do it.
Again there is nothing and no-one forcing them against their will.

Time comes when those ones begin to be drawn to some more whole part of their consciousness, and so start to refine, and in so doing, re-gravitate to another situation in the next dimension. They are 'pulled' by the natural magnetic force of their own energy into the state/place which most harmonises with them and the major important things in their Heart-felt Self.

Those for whom the physical illness which caused their passing means very little, will not carry it with them. If they haven't identified themselves with that illness it will not be there when they leave the body.

A sort of 'distillation' takes place in which the strongest or most pronounced elements of that Soul will be refined.

What happens outside of all that or beyond all that I could speculate on but won't, as I prefer to limit my answer only to what I know up to this point, as you have asked.

It seems I have stumbled onto a really useful forum, there are many ideas here which deeply interest me. Much of your answer went right over my head, I am what you would call intellectually challenged, I have only had the ability to think clearly for the past six months. I am deeply in your debt, I do not understand your terminology, I do not understand your references, talk of souls passing to a new dimension is new to me, but I am interested, my intuition screams at me, this is important.

I am what you would call a mystic, I have experienced three powerful mental upheavals, that have changed my perception of who I am, I am simple and like an innocent child. The first mental upheaval was when the masculine Christian creation deity was revealed in my imagination, the spiritual illumination was the product of a powerful intuition, the day of judgement happened for me in that instant, I became divine spirit in a permanent state of religious spiritual ecstasy, this happened within my unconscious mind, within the unconscious mental image of the father. In an instant I was in space, in eternity and face to face with the Christian Godhead, technically I was born again as a Saint in Heaven. But I had inner demons, though my Spirit was perfect and divine my soul was not, I had a black demonic soul, no redeeming features, but over the past 20 years, inspired by a God revealed in my heart and imagination I freed myself from these terrible destructive demons, acute neuroses, 6 months ago I confessed a great sin and freed myself from a more normal neurosis and attained a valid enlightenment. I can think clearly, am rational and have achieved the object of a full Jungian psychological analysis. I say this just to give you a background of myself, I am inspired by what Christian theologians call God the Father, I am divine spirit, with God in Heaven, but I am also very rational, though I am immortal I am simple, I have nothing in my intellect, because of the way my psyche and soul have unfolded I have the intellect of an infant but I do now have quite complete access to the rational left hemisphere of my psyche. So I am in heaven with God and you would think that would be enough, but I am the hero inspired by love, and legend says that the hero, after descending into the underworld to rescue the maiden and defeating the demon, incurs a deep psychological wound, this legend applies to me, I do have a deep wound in my soul, but I am actively healing it. What concerns me is my Soul not my Spirit, what will happen to my soul after I let go of my shell, I have done wicked things for most of my life, I still run an internet business like a ruthless businessman, but I have no choice but to create beauty, I must create for God is my Father, so I am far from perfect and though I have been redeeming myself for many years I still wonder about my karma, I'me not kidding I have done wicked things, I have lied, cheated stolen, I have never killed a man or raped a woman but I have done just about everything else, now God says to me, don't worry, I have given you immortal life, not literally, he doesn't say much, he just creates the universe, but that's the feeling I get. But what happens to my Soul, to my feminine aspect, legend says the hero bears a psychological wound that can never be fully healed, this means I cannot perfect my Soul, this is the cross I have to bear, but what will happen to my less than perfect Soul when I die, I am immortal, I will not die, therefore I will continue, my spiritual soul will continue after death, but after that my intellect fails me, my intuition tells me that reincarnation is the key, I guess I am some kind of Angel, but it is the bad karma attached to my actions that concerns me, that God will have mercy on me I have no doubt, I have faithfully served him in Heaven for 30 years, but will I have the option of returning in some way, I would return for the sake of my only beloved daughter Eden, I ask the question what will happen to my spiritual soul.

I would be deeply interested to hear about your spiritual experiences, and how you come to use the framework that you describe, is yours a new age theory?

Thank you.

Richard.
Old 13-02-2017, 12:23 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
It seems I have stumbled onto a really useful forum, there are many ideas here which deeply interest me. Much of your answer went right over my head, I am what you would call intellectually challenged, I have only had the ability to think clearly for the past six months. I am deeply in your debt, I do not understand your terminology, I do not understand your references, talk of souls passing to a new dimension is new to me, but I am interested, my intuition screams at me, this is important.

I am what you would call a mystic, I have experienced three powerful mental upheavals, that have changed my perception of who I am, I am simple and like an innocent child. The first mental upheaval was when the masculine Christian creation deity was revealed in my imagination, the spiritual illumination was the product of a powerful intuition, the day of judgement happened for me in that instant, I became divine spirit in a permanent state of religious spiritual ecstasy, this happened within my unconscious mind, within the unconscious mental image of the father. In an instant I was in space, in eternity and face to face with the Christian Godhead, technically I was born again as a Saint in Heaven. But I had inner demons, though my Spirit was perfect and divine my soul was not, I had a black demonic soul, no redeeming features, but over the past 20 years, inspired by a God revealed in my heart and imagination I freed myself from these terrible destructive demons, acute neuroses, 6 months ago I confessed a great sin and freed myself from a more normal neurosis and attained a valid enlightenment. I can think clearly, am rational and have achieved the object of a full Jungian psychological analysis. I say this just to give you a background of myself, I am inspired by what Christian theologians call God the Father, I am divine spirit, with God in Heaven, but I am also very rational, though I am immortal I am simple, I have nothing in my intellect, because of the way my psyche and soul have unfolded I have the intellect of an infant but I do now have quite complete access to the rational left hemisphere of my psyche. So I am in heaven with God and you would think that would be enough, but I am the hero inspired by love, and legend says that the hero, after descending into the underworld to rescue the maiden and defeating the demon, incurs a deep psychological wound, this legend applies to me, I do have a deep wound in my soul, but I am actively healing it. What concerns me is my Soul not my Spirit, what will happen to my soul after I let go of my shell, I have done wicked things for most of my life, I still run an internet business like a ruthless businessman, but I have no choice but to create beauty, I must create for God is my Father, so I am far from perfect and though I have been redeeming myself for many years I still wonder about my karma, I'me not kidding I have done wicked things, I have lied, cheated stolen, I have never killed a man or raped a woman but I have done just about everything else, now God says to me, don't worry, I have given you immortal life, not literally, he doesn't say much, he just creates the universe, but that's the feeling I get. But what happens to my Soul, to my feminine aspect, legend says the hero bears a psychological wound that can never be fully healed, this means I cannot perfect my Soul, this is the cross I have to bear, but what will happen to my less than perfect Soul when I die, I am immortal, I will not die, therefore I will continue, my spiritual soul will continue after death, but after that my intellect fails me, my intuition tells me that reincarnation is the key, I guess I am some kind of Angel, but it is the bad karma attached to my actions that concerns me, that God will have mercy on me I have no doubt, I have faithfully served him in Heaven for 30 years, but will I have the option of returning in some way, I would return for the sake of my only beloved daughter Eden, I ask the question what will happen to my spiritual soul.

I would be deeply interested to hear about your spiritual experiences, and how you come to use the framework that you describe, is yours a new age theory?

Thank you.

Richard.

Thank you Richard, for sharing what must have been and still will be -a profound series of experiences, not easy to describe. But you describe them well and succinctly.
These experiences you have and have had, are way beyond my own knowledge or awareness. I can understand you to some extent -intuitively.

You asked if what I said is a "new age" theory. I am not well-versed or well-read in New Age theory, and have very little knowledge of it. It is possible of course that there are corresponding ideas to the ones I have shared in other minds and awarenesses apart from my own. If so, they may also be based in direct experience and contact with the so-called "deceased"

I lived a very ordinary life because I shut down on every inner thing. I was sceptical and cynical and extremely hard-headed.
Then I was given those experiences years ago now, and began to open and listen and observe. This opened a whole vista of my own Soul. I took the brakes off, so to speak, and a lot of awareness flooded in which had been dammed-up previously.

Any knowing that I have is experiential. Very rarely will I mention anything I do not actually know. Although occasionally I will also mention things in which my intuition plays a large part. But I do like to base most things I say on direct experience. I have learned these things directly from a Soul who passed from this world into the next "dimension" or "reality" or however one wishes to describe it.
I do not look on it as "my knowledge". It doesn't belong to me. Just that I had a glimpse into something which I am willing to share. Although I also know that the whole nature of reality in any dimension is not 'set in stone' in one particular way. My own glimpses HAVE to be coloured to a certain extent by the vessel of my own consciousness, filtered through my brain, through which they are received.

One person's interpretation and experience can differ very widely from another's. But I like to stick to the more basic frameworks and principles of which I have learned. Because I know there are countless variables. I'm only mentioning a basic scaffolding.
Also I don't know everything. So there are most likely great chunks of things in between the lines of what I have discovered, that I haven't -yet -any clue about.

I feel that you have some very deep Soul-felt concerns.
I share that, as so have I. I have not lived as a perfect person either. Though what I have learned has divested me of any shame.
Any point is a starting-point. What we are becoming, from this second now, is the shape of things to come. Shame is unnecessary. Responsibility is important with a willingness to progress and refine.

There is no Soul anywhere who has not known a wide range of experience, from the most lovely to the most base. And in some, the degrees of depths and heights are greater than in others. We have to accept that journey of learning and knowing we have made, and have kindness towards ourselves.
And move onward.

I do know that when you pass, you will enter into a perspective which will answer the questions you have now. And will harmonise those highs and lows into a complete understanding of your mission, the reason for your incarnation, and will put all the apparently fragmented parts into a cohesion of comprehension.

May you receive many blessings.
Old 13-02-2017, 09:29 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Thank you Richard, for sharing what must have been and still will be -a profound series of experiences, not easy to describe. But you describe them well and succinctly.
These experiences you have and have had, are way beyond my own knowledge or awareness. I can understand you to some extent -intuitively.

You asked if what I said is a "new age" theory. I am not well-versed or well-read in New Age theory, and have very little knowledge of it. It is possible of course that there are corresponding ideas to the ones I have shared in other minds and awarenesses apart from my own. If so, they may also be based in direct experience and contact with the so-called "deceased"

I lived a very ordinary life because I shut down on every inner thing. I was sceptical and cynical and extremely hard-headed.
Then I was given those experiences years ago now, and began to open and listen and observe. This opened a whole vista of my own Soul. I took the brakes off, so to speak, and a lot of awareness flooded in which had been dammed-up previously.

Any knowing that I have is experiential. Very rarely will I mention anything I do not actually know. Although occasionally I will also mention things in which my intuition plays a large part. But I do like to base most things I say on direct experience. I have learned these things directly from a Soul who passed from this world into the next "dimension" or "reality" or however one wishes to describe it.
I do not look on it as "my knowledge". It doesn't belong to me. Just that I had a glimpse into something which I am willing to share. Although I also know that the whole nature of reality in any dimension is not 'set in stone' in one particular way. My own glimpses HAVE to be coloured to a certain extent by the vessel of my own consciousness, filtered through my brain, through which they are received.

One person's interpretation and experience can differ very widely from another's. But I like to stick to the more basic frameworks and principles of which I have learned. Because I know there are countless variables. I'm only mentioning a basic scaffolding.
Also I don't know everything. So there are most likely great chunks of things in between the lines of what I have discovered, that I haven't -yet -any clue about.

I feel that you have some very deep Soul-felt concerns.
I share that, as so have I. I have not lived as a perfect person either. Though what I have learned has divested me of any shame.
Any point is a starting-point. What we are becoming, from this second now, is the shape of things to come. Shame is unnecessary. Responsibility is important with a willingness to progress and refine.

There is no Soul anywhere who has not known a wide range of experience, from the most lovely to the most base. And in some, the degrees of depths and heights are greater than in others. We have to accept that journey of learning and knowing we have made, and have kindness towards ourselves.
And move onward.

I do know that when you pass, you will enter into a perspective which will answer the questions you have now. And will harmonise those highs and lows into a complete understanding of your mission, the reason for your incarnation, and will put all the apparently fragmented parts into a cohesion of comprehension.

May you receive many blessings.

Hello.

Thank you for giving me the benefit of your insight, I can tell you have an intellect from your erudite expression, having the intellect of a pigeon I had to concentrate hard on what you said, I don't pretend to understand some of what you said, but I have great respect for your intuition.

You said:

This corresponds to my own understanding, my God keeps telling me "don't worry I will explain everything to you" this gives me comfort, but I still ache to know the answer, will it be possible for me to return to help my beloved daughter? I hope so, with all my heart I want to be able to be near her after I pass from this life.

Thank you.

Richard.

P.S. I am going to post this question under reincarnation and see what comes up
Old 13-02-2017, 02:12 PM
Knower
Quote:
A simple question.

Thank you.

Richard.

Hello Richard,

I've had a few experiences which gave me a glimpse into the realm beyond (or parallel to) the one we live in our physical bodies. I could see that the soul is eternal, and in fact, is watchful over every aspect of this physical life.

I had the certain sense that we are not "local", meaning that our souls reside in another plane/dimension/realm (whichever you prefer) and guide us in our everyday lives through intuition, creativity, and emotions.

We are, in effect, remote viewing our lives on Earth from some other "location". By my understanding, the soul goes nowhere when the body dies, but rather, remains where it has always resided - in eternity.

The soul, in eternity, has access to viewing all of time (past/future), and chooses which bodies to inhabit in order to attain experience and interconnection with other embodied souls. We choose our parents, our friends, our lovers, our life course and needed experiences, or name, etc.

In eternity, all souls are distinct, yet they all combine into one big "god" type of soup. Each is individual, and each is part of the collective at the same time. There is no physical form - we are light in the midst of a vast darkness.

What we're doing on Earth is still unclear, but it seems like we're trying, by physical means, to reestablish a Oneness in eternity through breaking down individuality in the physical. Maybe "God" is trying to reassemble the billions of fragmented "souls" that make up the Creator???

I hope some of that makes sense.

Cheers

GT
Old 13-02-2017, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
.... having the intellect of a pigeon I had to concentrate hard on what you said....

I don't think I am a very intellectual person. But I have a natural intelligence.
And you have a very good intelligence. Please don't ever underestimate it. Intelligence is not about "being intellectual".

Quote:
will it be possible for me to return to help my beloved daughter? I hope so, with all my heart I want to be able to be near her after I pass from this life.

Yes it will be possible. Also, when you have that new perspective, you will come to realise that Love knows no 'here or there'. Love is capable of traversing all conditions or dimensions. It is not limited to place or to any idea of physical proximity. It is instant, heart-to-heart.
You will certainly be able to offer your daughter your loving support when you pass.
She may of course, not always be fully aware or conscious of your presence, or that the Love which warms her is your actual presence. That will depend on her openness to your eternal self. But whether she does or not, she will sense and feel the loving energy and it will give her strength and uplift her in any situation.
You may also be given insight into her own needs as an individual and a developing Being, so there might be times when you feel it is better to stand aside for a while, in a sense. Just as you needed to stand aside once, in order for her to be able to learn to walk unaided. But you need never leave her in your Love.

Maybe you could gently talk to her now?....I don't of course know your or her circumstances. But if very gently you tell her that when the time comes that you leave this world you will always love her, and if ever she senses you or your love, you are with her.
Old 14-02-2017, 07:02 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
I don't think I am a very intellectual person. But I have a natural intelligence.
And you have a very good intelligence. Please don't ever underestimate it. Intelligence is not about "being intellectual".

Yes it will be possible. Also, when you have that new perspective, you will come to realise that Love knows no 'here or there'. Love is capable of traversing all conditions or dimensions. It is not limited to place or to any idea of physical proximity. It is instant, heart-to-heart.
You will certainly be able to offer your daughter your loving support when you pass.
She may of course, not always be fully aware or conscious of your presence, or that the Love which warms her is your actual presence. That will depend on her openness to your eternal self. But whether she does or not, she will sense and feel the loving energy and it will give her strength and uplift her in any situation.
You may also be given insight into her own needs as an individual and a developing Being, so there might be times when you feel it is better to stand aside for a while, in a sense. Just as you needed to stand aside once, in order for her to be able to learn to walk unaided. But you need never leave her in your Love.

Maybe you could gently talk to her now?....I don't of course know your or her circumstances. But if very gently you tell her that when the time comes that you leave this world you will always love her, and if ever she senses you or your love, you are with her.

Thank you for your uplifting reply. No, of course, you don't need an intellect to be intelligent, I have spiritual intelligence born of an intelligent Spirit.

I am optimistic about my daughter, she appears to be predominantly intuitive, though she can think, thinking is an auxiliary function, she already has premonitions that are usually correct and I also know for a fact she has a very strong spirit, she is also highly creative like her father. So, a strong spirit, intuition and creativity, 3 concrete signs that she may break into her own interior life and know the eternal divine when she is a mature woman. I have recently been introduced to a real Angel, I was very sceptical for a while but circumstances and experience have changed my opinion and made a believer out of me, when it comes to my daughter he says that everything's going to be fine, I wish I had the certainty that he apparently has. My intuition is everything to me it was responsible for my entering the city of God and has helped me to free myself from darkness on several occasions, I pray my daughter's intuition will serve her in the same way. I find it comforting to think that I will be able to lend my daughter a hand after I die, thank you.

Richard