Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 26-10-2017, 05:51 PM
Seeker

Mediums need information?

I can't name public figures/famous people because of the rule here on site, but there is a very famous Medium who was tested by Skeptics, it's on Youtube and had a 85% failure rate in that reading.

Why do you think he failed? Do Mediums need information when they ask questions, or did he just have a bad day?
Old 26-10-2017, 07:15 PM
Administrator
Hello

I like this post, thank you for your understandings. We can now discuss this aspect of mediumship and how it works or does not work.

I am a Medium and I have done a lot of platform audience work over the years, and I have met some of the top that do this work. I am not one to comment on how others work but I too admit that not all work from that place of "Highest and Greatest Good". Too this can be a times how its viewed by those looking in.

When it comes to doing readings there are many factors we have to take into consideration, especially if your dealing with one skeptical to what work or connections your trying to do.

We can all be "tested" and the information that comes in might seem not to resonate, as its "not what we want to hear" but at times its "what we need to hear".

Whom comes into a Medium at times might shadow someone else and at times yes wires do get crossed. When spirits find that someone can connect to them, there is a huge line up wanting to share.

There are Mediums and Psychics that do what is called "cold readings" where they read body language or bait questions. If your dealing with an older person it is not a stretch to think their parents are most likely gone. Here this opens that door to lead things along.

For me names are rare to get, dates of birth ext.....more I can most times see or feel the spirit and I can get information that is not openly out there. Things like birthmarks and other personal details.

Why does it look like a failure that is an individual thing, and at times what is on line is not the full context of what took place.

Other times yes we might well lack some information, not from the living but from the one is spirit as it takes a TON of energy on both sides to make a clear connection and filter out the rest wanting that attention as well.

To err is human and to a skeptic win is the divine.

Lynn
Old 27-10-2017, 09:09 AM
Experiencer

I think it is very possible that even the most skilled of mediums can inadvertently 'feed off' the information given. There are different ways this is done and academic studies out there that research into these objectively (yes, objectively).
I had a reading recently, from a medium recommended to me. He blew me away with the information he gave me, there was a heck of a lot of information that he could not have got by looking at me, or from my responses. I had been asking questions prior to the reading, and he answered a couple, including one massive one which he would not have known. Even my husband didn't know it.
But there was also some information that he gave that I could tell he got from reading my body language/appearance. And the quality of the information was sketchy compared to the other stuff.
However - I believe there is an explanation to this. Mediumship is blooming hard work - I would imagine the link experience stronger and weaker points during the reading. How a medium approaches how they read differs too. Some just 'give what they see' leaving the interpretation to the sitter. Some - and this guy did this at some points - they try to give the interpretation too. This doesn't always work - the interpretation should perhaps come from the sitter, not the medium, unless it is something specific? Do you see what I mean? Of course, the danger of that is that the sitter reads far too much into the interpretation and ends up doing the reading for themselves, without realising, and sometimes spending a lot of money in the process (sorry, this may well be a controversial point but in the interests of debate I thought I would include it).

I have seen many platform mediums perform over the last 20 years. I have seen those - including the more 'famous' ones - give such sketchy information that the eager sitter has taken on every bit of information, twisting it to 'fit'. But then I have witnessed first hand both watching my husband (who is a medium and aura reader) and being a sitter, absolutely remarkable evidence that there are some blooming good mediums out there.
You have to be discerning. I went through a process of being an absolute believer to a staunch skeptic to a 'if I see it with my own eyes it is true' believer and as I have said, I have seen some amazing work out there.
Old 27-10-2017, 10:54 AM
Pathfinder

I'm not a skeptic but someone did say to me once could they be reading the person's unconscious mind in some way?

I suppose just like anyone they have good days and bad days.
Old 27-10-2017, 12:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by June16

Why do you think he failed? Do Mediums need information when they ask questions, or did he just have a bad day?

Hello,

My understanding is that everything is connected. At a deep level, the desire of the skeptic to get bad answers is seen, loved, and considered appropriate.

The conscious effort of the medium to prove the skeptic wrong for there beliefs is out of alignment with their divine view on these things, in my view naturally.

I am kind of surprised the medium would get even 15% of the answers correct.

Some day we will learn to respect all ways of being and not attempt to prove any one's beliefs are invalid.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 27-10-2017, 02:22 PM
Administrator
Hello

I really like what John put here. We I hope are moving to that place of more open understandings. That the Vail as many put it is getting thinner so that we all see and feel on the same level or page. This of course will put one's like me on the back burner of life....but that is OK.

It is blooming hard work to be with Spirits 24/7 and live a life. Its not easy to get up and do an audience where everyone wants "a message" from you and you can feel that pull towards them but nothing is there for them.

So many are desperate at times to get anything back at all, others just want to show off that they are negative towards what you do, their 5 seconds in the spot light of life.

What comes in should flow in naturally never be forced upon. Yet to I was conditioned the "Show Must Go On". Why I turned from the show path of work its too demanding on the Soul.

Lynn

Some day we will learn to respect all ways of being and not attempt to prove any one's beliefs are invalid.
Old 30-10-2017, 12:09 PM
Master
The way I see there can be many reasons why a reading (any type really) may fail.

The interesting thing I have noticed through practicing ability and offering readings of my own is that it isn't as easy as it may appear to read for another. It certainly is not as easy as those on television make it look.

It also isn't quite as dramatic. I consider this a very good thing.

A problem I have found a lot that goes in part as a big factor in my own failure to read is many times I receive imagery that could be very important and a confirmation to the sitter, and through fault of my own with the imagery I will over-look it as it can't be.... (Doubt) this can't actually relate to this individual- Information I pick up is then omitted- I fail to report it to the sitter due to my self doubt and my own perceptions of whether it relates you see?

The only way I have found to keep this from happening is to willfully try and let the sitter know, everything it is that I am seeing, as much as I can, in so much as fear does not hold me back. This too can be very difficult- much of what comes can be completely zany seeming.

I had a medium practice read- and their loved one (or possibly my own psychism) gave me the image of an object of a passed family member of the sitter- the object seemed impossible- not an object you would expect- it was spot on, and I never mentioned it. The sitter mentioned it- and I outright face palmed myself.

I have found when mediums, psychics, Astrologer's fail many times the reason is their own doubt, and failure to report to the sitter everything.

There are many reasons the man in the video could have failed, he could have as you said been having an off day (It happens), he could have omitted quite a bit due to self doubt and fear, heck he could have just been wrong.

But, no. Personally I do not think mediums psychics in themselves need information.

I never ask for any. I do not want it. I take developing my abilities seriously. During the time I offer readings here in the reading section of the forum, I will stay away from the welcome members forum- I learn information about new members, they may wish for readings at a later date when they obtain membership- I like to welcome new members, but also walk the line of actively avoiding the forum during times I am offering readings.

I also stay clear of many other forums, and avoid topics a member has asked me to read for posted.

The main reason I feel psychics/mediums do not need any information, is because I have done readings for others without any. People I do not know. I need no more proof.

I am quite confident that no Psychics/ Mediums absolutely do not need any info.

Blessings.
Old 09-11-2017, 06:40 PM
Experiencer
I have a theory about certain things that go wrong when tested but work when not. If our world is consciousness/information/probability based, the observer effect plays an important role on the way events play out, given reasonable probability to happen inside the rule set of our universe. So for instance, homeopathy may work given the observation of those who consciously accept such process but when a skeptic observer is present the probabilities may shift to support his worldview. So a medium who is accessing the data stream of the underlying consciousness based universe may find that the data stream will block when die hard skeptics are observing the event.

I'm curious to know if you guys think of this theory. I'm using sertain terms like "data" for lack of better terms.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:02 PM
Administrator
Hello

I can read most people like one reads a page on a book, but I have learned that it is not done without permissions. Its an invasion and this applies to spirits as well not all should be shared in a reading. A medium has to morally decide at times is some information is better not shared. This goes with skeptics too if they are set in that path maybe they are not emotionally ready for more to come to them.

We have to be ready to receive information and to be ready to process it on a very conscious level. Many skeptics that I have worked with that have come to me for a reading change their minds on it all, and respect that I never over invade I let them lead the path of what they are ready for and when.

We too have Guides with us that help filter out the negative and protect us in our work, here too things can be held back from us getting for a reason we might never understand.

Many times I will see a door with a key hanging beside it, I have the choice to open that door or leave it be. I in that moment will feel out what is there that the person might get as a message to make sure they are ready for me to open that door. At times what is behind a closed door should stay there.

This is not what a skeptic would want to hear sorry no door will open for you, so you have to be strong in your moral convictions and sense out what might be hidden for valid reasons. At times its suppressed childhood memories that you really need to take you time with dealing with the person so that you do not harm them.

We are all skeptical on some levels. As I rarely am given a name or age ext for a spirit I have to go to other proofs of whom I have with me, this gives more solid validations.

Lynn
Old 27-11-2017, 02:23 AM
Seeker

After learning more about Mediumship, I think maybe the reason he failed is the Skeptic tried to get exact information. when the Medium asked about Carol maybe Carol is the brother's girlfriend or the uncle's ex wife but the skeptic said no because it wasn't the name he expected to hear or when he said the spirit liked her and the skeptic said no, maybe the Medium heard wrong who she liked. when the Medium said the mother was strict, maybe he heard it wrong. this happens because most Mediums get partial information and don't have full on conversations, some Medium have full on conversation with spirits and its impossible to get it wrong the Medium hears full sentences