Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 13-10-2013, 12:15 PM
Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseAwakening
@time Huh? Trees can be happy without a forest :/ besides as nice as forests are they can be quite difficult to live in... Especially for short trees. Besides it's like saying a person is depressed because there aren't any people around. While it may be true it is not he only reason why someone is depressed. Even if there are a million people around, it does not stop a person from becoming depressed :/ and just because there are people Round doesn't mean they Re your friends, or that they will talk to you

@thunder bow how is the tree reflecting me? I am not sad or depressed. Stressed yes, from all the school work but not depressed :/

They can be, but generally speaking they do much better in their prefered habitats, and to make it easy, for most trees that means in some sort of a forest setting. In many cases the tree is treated with chemicals, which kill soil life, which can stress the tree. In forests or at least natural habitat, these bacteria and bugs number in the billions per cubic meter.

And yes, its been found that humans need contact with other people. Half of our technology is for communication. For the most part isolated people get weird and depressed.
Old 13-10-2013, 12:37 PM
Master
Trees are part of Earth's biomass as much as mammals are. In fact, all parts of Earth contribute to the biomass or Life Force. Some parts live fast lives and some parts live slow ones. Even the rocks and sea are "alive". Given that we are all share in the body and spirit of Gaia, I have no problem in visualising communication with trees, etc.

Best read up on Gaia Hypothesis by Lovelock. This sums it up beautifully

http://www.ecolo.org/lovelock/what_is_Gaia.html
Old 13-10-2013, 03:11 PM
Guide

Well when I was there I was in a very good mood. :) at the career expo I got a lot of neat little things and stuff.

I just sat in the... Ummm... I think you call it a gazebo? And I just doodled a lot, and sang in my head. And that's when I started to feel that deep sadness. So I just kept singing in my head, and took a few pictures of the trees :) they were very pretty, when I started feeling that sadness I kept wanting to look at the tree to my left... So that's why I assumed the tree was sad

So I kept on doodling and singing happy songs in my head until that sad feeling went away :)
Old 14-10-2013, 08:06 AM
Niebla0007

Well, no harm in singing to the tree.
Plants and trees like nice music and being talked to.
Sing to the tree when you feel like it.
Old 14-10-2013, 11:34 PM
monkqb

do A bit of digging it may be that some one hung themselves from your tree iit is not so uncommon in a university . Love and light to you.
Old 14-10-2013, 11:56 PM
Niebla0007

Thought of that too, MQB.

But what I sense was a sad young woman sitting down by that tree with a broken heart, not dead, and hope she still is not dead.
Of course, lovelorn, being dumped, etc. is even more common in Universities.
Old 16-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Dream Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalseAwakening
@Dream Librarian So did you try to cheer it up? Why was it sad?

Long ago she was a beautiful Naiad Nymph desired by Apollo. When she rejected his advances he bound her to the ground so she could be desired by no other. She was sad because all she wanted was to play with her sisters down by the water. This she showed me in a dream. I do think I have helped release her from her bind.

I am not sure how it all fits together, my head can't seem to see it all clearly. There might be something in there I am not ready to understand/acknowledge. Though to me it is apparent that the individual trees have their own persona. Unless I am extremely schizophrenic it is obvious it is not a reflection of me How I perceive that individual persona is a reflection of me, of how I perceive life, but not the individual persona. This is just some loose thoughts that makes sense to me, when I have sorted my thoughts out who knows how they will look though
Old 17-10-2013, 02:32 PM
Guide

Hmmm. Idk :) I have heard a lot of stories about Apollo and nymphs and generally nymphs end up in bad places when they reject him... Like daphne (idk how to spell it)

And yeah I know/believe trees have their own persona like my lime tree :) always very happy and cheerful and when I yell in my head saying, "what's up lime tree!? How are you today!?" I feel a big wave hit me and I will start to giggle and laugh a lot :) I also believe lime tree gives me Hugs! When I say hi, bye or ask for a hug cause I feel down. It doesn't feel like a human hug, more like a giant thick band of energy surrounding you and squeezing you! Hehe... It's very fun! Lime tree also tells me how it feels and if it needs water, or if it's tired or stressed or sometimes just to hang out :)

Although I think I bug lime tree more than he bugs me hehehe... And I would do it again too!
Old 25-10-2013, 12:03 AM
Ladybugskiss

I agree with you FalseAwakening, trees to have feelings. It's not necessarily because it's alive but because it has energy. Same thing with spirits. They arnt alive but they are energy and they have feelings too, no? Any ways I would strongly consider mentally talking to it (by that I mean in your mind) You don't want people thinking your crazy outright talking to a tree ;). Try sitting under it as LadyTerra suggested. Study or read under it and let it know you chose to sit under it more so than all the other trees. Try to also meditate and ask it what is making it so sad. Let it know your here to help it and let us know if anything changes!

Ladybugskiss
Old 28-10-2013, 07:05 AM
tigereye

I agree, trees definitely have feelings.
We have a pagan society at university, and someone commented at the first meeting how the place seemed "spiritually empty". And in a way, at first glance it seemed like that. Only, she was a "water person", while my connection is strongest to the earth.
I find solace in the trees in and around the university. At one time, that was in the botanic gardens, but the energy all changed when one tall, healthy tree was cut down to make way for new flowers. Now I find it next to an old sycamore tree at the edge of the main lawn/green. I hum songs to it, read under it, and so forth. The tree has a comforting energy, more so than the younger trees around it, which are much more changeable in their energy, like they pick up everyone's moodiness or happiness as they pass by - like amplifiers of the feelings of society at the university.
I prefer the steadfastness of the older trees, which are unfortunately often cut down here in the inner city to make room for younger ones, or nothing at all.