Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 15-09-2019, 09:47 AM
Pathfinder

Have we forsaken God?

Skimming through the Forums found a thread titled "Has God (The Creator of this Universe) forsaken us?" . Which made me wonder, have we forsaken God by mocking him/her/it ? I mean we as creations are trying to make ourselves physically immortal, hacking our bodies, to upload our minds into robots, advanced AI and other high Tech, curing disease, also to create robots like us, destroying other living beings, the environment and this planet ? Isn't this mocking God's creation since he/she/it hasn't invented such things and we're sort of throwing mud at him?

Last edited by noyan : 15-09-2019 at 07:05 PM.
Old 15-09-2019, 10:23 AM
Deactivated Account
God is supposed to be omniscient, so he knew beforehand what would become of humanity prior to creating us. And therefore, he willingly agreed on all those terms. Now, taking the fact into account that God treats some people as his personal favorites while others as subhumans only proves my point further that he failed us. We owe that sky-nazi nothing.
Old 15-09-2019, 12:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by noyan
Skimming through the Forums found a thread titled "Has God forsaken us?" . Which made me wonder, have we forsaken God by mocking him/her/it ? I mean we as creations are trying to make ourselves physically immortal, hacking our bodies, to upload our minds into robots, advanced AI, curing disease, also to create robots like us, destroying other living beings, the environment and this planet? Isn't this mocking God's creation since he/she/it hasn't invented such things?
I would say that some have "forsaken God" and some have not. Some believe, but have absolutely no faith and some disbelieve, so that their lack of faith is fully justified.

Some will say that a loving God would not allow suffering to happen, so either there IS no God, or God is Satan pretending to be God. Others will say they have personally experienced God's Love and Grace to know that God has a plan for humanity which goes beyond the limited human mind to grasp such things. Others will say that these people are "delusional" or "crazy" and so the concept of "demonic possession" was created so as to make others not personally responsible for saying bad things against God or those who worship Him.

I personally love and believe in God...and I don't really care what anybody else has to say about that.

In fact, I can PROVE that we are not all "one" and each of us is "separate" due to the totally incongruous and irreconcilable differences of experiences and understandings each one of us has on a daily basis...because I am forever in the verbal expression of the mantra "I am not you and you are not me" whenever somebody says "what I would do if I were you is..." or "I reject your reality and substitute my own"...so I gave up trying to find any "commonality" with my fellow human beings ages ago, because doing that just wasn't working out...

So, I try not to forsake God AS God (and not what He only appears to be)...I still realise that I could be doing a lot more in that department though.
Old 15-09-2019, 04:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Skimming through the Forums found a thread titled "Has God forsaken us?" . Which made me wonder, have we forsaken God by mocking him/her/it ? I mean we as creations are trying to make ourselves physically immortal, hacking our bodies, to upload our minds into robots, advanced AI, curing disease, also to create robots like us, destroying other living beings, the environment and this planet? Isn't this mocking God's creation since he/she/it hasn't invented such things?

Which God(s)/god(s) are you talking about?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 15-09-2019, 04:30 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Which God(s)/god(s) are you talking about?
God as the Creator of this Universe, not the Classical (Religion) God that is found in the Bible for example .

Last edited by noyan : 15-09-2019 at 07:03 PM.
Old 15-09-2019, 06:57 PM
MAYA EL

Depending on definition of perspective one could say that the god of every religion exists because people believe in it and then act upon it according to Faith and what they believe therefore because it was thought of an action happened and the reason was attached to it by definition that God exists assuming that it is attached to the concept that God is not bound by time or space however if this concept of God not being bound by time or space is going to be used then buy a practical quantitative standpoint God doesn't exist because if he's not bound by time and space and is not in this realm than by no means does he exist.

However these concepts of God are misunderstandings from stories passed down from generation to generation and or Codex that were mistranslated and so with our literal externalizing mindset the popular belief of God is an old man with a gray beard with a human style mind sitting up and having somewhere battling against the evil one and wanting us to do certain things and promising to come back at a specific time and this is a terrible fallacy of the imagination.

Originally when a God figure was used in a story it was used to represent a person's mind or mindset when they have reached a specific maturity level and have tapped into their instincts according to their bloodline (the loaded term that people are more familiar with would be the akashic records) also the devil refer to is also a mindset this is why it's considered a serpent because the spinal cord is connected to the skull on the bottom side the bottom part of the brain is called the serpent brain where all of your desires are

another little Easter egg they hide throughout ancient literature is if you have ever seen old paintings of the devil having that triangle point on his tail well that triangle point is the sacrum of your spine also your rib cage looks like wings flapping if it were a dragon and tying into that this is why Jesus supposedly was 33 years old when he died cuz that's every disc in the spine all the way up to the atlas therefore representing the sacred secretion. See ancient history wasn't recorded in the sense that we think it was .

thousands of years ago what we have are stories that are allegories explaining that persons opinion on how to create the Philosopher's Stone / the Holy Grail / immortality and they were all Giordano Bruno Style very criptive but all internal Inside the Mind of the person but using external representation just like when you have a dream
Old 16-09-2019, 04:03 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Some will say that a loving God would not allow suffering to happen, so either there IS no God, or God is Satan pretending to be God. Others will say they have personally experienced God's Love and Grace to know that God has a plan for humanity which goes beyond the limited human mind to grasp such things.
I personally don't believe either of those approaches. I believe the Hindu take on it: "The standard problem of evil found in monotheistic religions does not apply to almost all traditions of Hinduism because it does not posit an omniscient, omnipotent, omnibenevolent creator. ..."

Quote:
I personally love and believe in God...and I don't really care what anybody else has to say about that.
Yeah, same here. I don't blame God for bad things that come to me, but I do thank him for the good things I like to think of as his blessings. He's capable only of good.

Quote:
In fact, I can PROVE that we are not all "one" and each of us is "separate" due to the totally incongruous and irreconcilable differences of experiences and understandings each one of us has on a daily basis...because I am forever in the verbal expression of the mantra "I am not you and you are not me" whenever somebody says "what I would do if I were you is..." or "I reject your reality and substitute my own"...so I gave up trying to find any "commonality" with my fellow human beings ages ago, because doing that just wasn't working out...
I lean towards Viśiṣṭādvaita, but I think we are in reality, one. It's the māyā and avidyā of the world that makes us see the differences.
Old 16-09-2019, 07:53 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
God is supposed to be omniscient, so he knew beforehand what would become of humanity prior to creating us. And therefore, he willingly agreed on all those terms. Now, taking the fact into account that God treats some people as his personal favorites while others as subhumans only proves my point further that he failed us. We owe that sky-nazi nothing.

You seem to consider God in very personal terms, as if God were some gigantic deeply flawed human being. Who are these personal favourites and subhumans? How has God failed you?

Peace
Old 16-09-2019, 07:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Skimming through the Forums found a thread titled "Has God (The Creator of this Universe) forsaken us?" . Which made me wonder, have we forsaken God by mocking him/her/it ? I mean we as creations are trying to make ourselves physically immortal, hacking our bodies, to upload our minds into robots, advanced AI and other high Tech, curing disease, also to create robots like us, destroying other living beings, the environment and this planet ? Isn't this mocking God's creation since he/she/it hasn't invented such things and we're sort of throwing mud at him?

Where are people ''uploading their minds into robots''?? Are we Necrons or something? And how is it bad to cure disease?

I'm all for taking care of our environment and protecting life but your post here comes across as a bit Luddite to me..

Last edited by Altair : 16-09-2019 at 09:09 PM.
Old 16-09-2019, 08:22 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
You seem to consider God in very personal terms, as if God were some gigantic deeply flawed human being. Who are these personal favourites and subhumans? How has God failed you?

Peace

Because he doesn't give everyone the same privileges. He chooses to bless one person while cursing another person with nothing but misery. He chooses to answer one prayer while ignoring others. And most importantly, he makes awful stuff happen to people who don't deserve these things coming to them, and apparently takes great delight in making people suffer while receiving their praise at the same time. There is so much more to say, but it's late here and I'm rather tired. However, I think you at least get the picture of what I've said...