Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Quotes & Stories

Old 20-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Administrator
Cat Quotes on Love

Some Quotes on Love...

"A mighty pain to love it is, and 'tis a pain that pain to miss; but of all the pains, the greatest pain is to love, but love in vain."
-Abraham Crowley
"So much of what we know of love we learn at home."
-unknown
"You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
-unknown
"Love is blind, but friendship closes its eyes."
-unknown
"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking outward together in the same direction."
-Saint-Exupery
"A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous."
-Ingrid Bergman
"Love built on beauty, soon as beauty, dies."
-John Donne
"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."
-Benjamin Franklin
"I never knew how to worship until I knew how to love."
-Henry Ward Beecher
"Woe to the man whose heart has not learned while young to hope, to love - and to put its trust in life."
-Joseph Conrad
"True love is like ghosts, which everybody talks about and few have seen."
-La Rochefoucauld
"Who ever loved that loved not at first sight?"
-Christopher Marlowe
"Tell me whom you love and I will tell you who you are."
-Houssaye
"We perceive when love begins and when it declines by our embarrassment when alone together."
-La Bruyere
"Better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all."
-St. Augustine
"To love another person is to see the face of God."
-Les Miserables
"Love is but the discovery of ourselves in others, and the delight in the recognition."
-Alexander Smith
"When we are in love we often doubt that which we most believe."
-La Rochefoucauld
"Sympathy constitutes friendship; but in love there is a sort of antipathy, or opposing passion. Each strives to be the other, and both together make up one whole."
-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
"Friendship often ends in love; but love in friendship - never."
-Charles Caleb Colton
"The richest love is that which submits to the arbitration of time."
-Lawrence Durrell
"There is no disguise which can hide love for long where it exists, or simulate it where it does not."
-La Rochefoucauld
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love."
-Stendhal
"There is no remedy for love but to love more."
-Thoreau
"Blushing is the color of virtue."
-Diogenes
"Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time... It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other."
-Leo F. Buscaglia
"Love cures people - both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it."
-Dr. Karl Menninger
"Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house. Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbor... Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting."
-Mother Theresa
Old 23-03-2006, 05:06 PM
bodylisious32

Hi Devolution,
I just read ure post and thort was loverly.
much love and light.
xxxkezxxx.
Old 25-03-2024, 02:53 AM
Administrator
Hello

I found this post from Matt (the founder of the site) and I thought it might be nice to add our favorite quotes to this.

This thread dates to 2006

"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."
-Benjamin Franklin

This is a quote that stood out to me among them all.

Lynn

I have a favorite quote.

"It is better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all." Lord Tennyson's Poem.

Did you know..... the poem is a tribute to one of Tennyson's late friends and the quote is often associated with heartbreak after a break-up. However, it was actually written about the author's best friend who passed away while abroad.

Lynn
Old 25-03-2024, 12:48 PM
Ascender
I used to quote your favourite one alot when I was younger Lynn. It's a beautiful quote and thanks for the back story, it fits