Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 15-10-2019, 07:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetjazz
There is a nice story about this, even though there are still opinions divided on whenever the story is true or not, but it may not matter at all.
Here is the story:
... - Albert Einstein

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fa...tes-professor/

Pretty decent treatment of the subject.

Faith can’t be proved (or disproved); if such validations were possible, those concepts would stop being matters of faith and start being matters of fact.

Talking about A. Einstein ... He expressed skepticism regarding the existence of an anthropomorphic God, but he was quoted to say "I am not an atheist". Einstein preferred to call himself an agnostic, or a "religious nonbeliever." He also stated he did not believe in life after death.

Some sources claim that one of Einstein's favorite books was H. Blavatsky's "The Secret Doctrine".

Einstein wasn't infallible: just a very smart man.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 16-10-2019, 06:07 AM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fa...tes-professor/

Pretty decent treatment of the subject.

Faith can’t be proved (or disproved); if such validations were possible, those concepts would stop being matters of faith and start being matters of fact.

Talking about A. Einstein ... He expressed skepticism regarding the existence of an anthropomorphic God, but he was quoted to say "I am not an atheist". Einstein preferred to call himself an agnostic, or a "religious nonbeliever." He also stated he did not believe in life after death.

Some sources claim that one of Einstein's favorite books was H. Blavatsky's "The Secret Doctrine".

Einstein wasn't infallible: just a very smart man.

As I have mentioned are the opinions if the story is true or not divided. But secondly, surely Einstein is completely misinterpreted in many ways on the subject of spirituality. As such he is often ''exploited'' from atheist for various quotes and statements, which are often taken out of context or wrong on purpose presented. I do recomend to those who want know more about him to read at least a book called ''The World as I See It,'' he himself is the author:p. In this book he also talk a lot about economics, society...While that he said '' he does not believe in life after death, '' is a new statement for me that I have never heard of, at least he doesn't mention this in his books or that I would hear of from any reliable source. For example, there gives this famous line from a latter from him where he wrote about his friend dead ''...“Now he has departed from this strange world a little ahead of me. That means nothing. People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.” Even more his last statements few years before his death..his opinions have changed dramatically regarding his views on the material universe...But of course Einstein did not believed in a ''personal'' GOD. This means, he did not believed that you can ''speak with GOD...'' he saw GOD in nature or universe, but not as a deity that would, hmm deal with our lives....

I don't think people can find GOD in an intellectual debate. If they could, they would do it 1000's of years ago. It always boils down to ourselves. What do we think? What do we feel? It boils down to it, that every soul and his/her experiences are priceless, that they are no less worth as from someone else. Of course to believe in GOD is very, very easy if you are healthy, rich person,and money can buy almost everything in this world. Then is very easy believe in GOD, angles, fairies and various nymphs. But if you aren't that lucky or even more..if you have gone through many sufferings in life...then is much harder to believe in any loving God or whatever. It boils down to us on the end...that we learn to trust or even find first own holiness within ourselves and follow that. If it is Islam, Christianity, Buddhism,Hinduism or anything else or a mix of everything....that can help us along, it does not matter,... the fanaticism of people to beat people into one specific view or religion has always brought unimaginable horrors to the world. And everyone is able to find something in himself that keep him or her warm in a storm...this what never leaves them...

Last edited by meetjazz : 16-10-2019 at 07:25 AM.