Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 26-03-2015, 04:58 AM
Knower

weight loss help

Hi, am looking to lose weight and wandering if there are any tea's, herbs or home remedies which could help me. Am all ready doing exercise and healthy eating and finding it hard to shift
Old 30-03-2015, 09:19 PM
Pathfinder

Try to drink a medium-sized glass of water before each meal. It will help your metabolism.
Old 31-03-2015, 01:36 AM
Experiencer

Drink a ton of water..alot. also green tea. Kefir and raw natural saukraut are good for digestion to keep things moving and are.great.for the gut. Try a colon cleanse.
Old 04-04-2015, 03:56 AM
Knower

Thank you, I will try these fingers crossed they work ��
Old 04-04-2015, 09:17 AM
Master
Also drink hot water and lemon with ginger before breakfast everyday.

Every situation is an opportunity for healing, learning, growth and transformation.
Old 05-04-2015, 11:59 PM
Knower

I have lost 38 pounds since going on a plan/guidelines of my own creation. One of my tricks is to take a fibre supplement like PGX, glucomanon or psyllium or whatever goes down easily enough with a low-calorie soup for one meal and eat a lot more protein than I used to. Makes restricting calories a lot easier. And taking teas with anti-anxiety herbs like valerian and passionflower and catnip usually about once a day because a lot of anxiety can come alongside the change and getting used to not eating or perhaps even binging in certain situations or times of day. I usually add the lemon to this as someone else suggested and also use a detox tea once daily with burdock, dandelion root and a few other things (not at home, can't check the box)
I also use NAC, it makes an AMAZING difference in my endurance and ability to breath during workouts and also is known to reduce oxidative stress done to your body during exercise. It is one of the most effective supplements I have ever tried, one of few I notice an immediate difference and makes exercise so much more enjoyable and refreshing. I take it usually 45 min to an hour before hand.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:00 AM
Knower

I should have added that I was diagnosed with hypothyroid when I was 14 and I do have to eat less and exercise more than the average healthy person. It was so borderline that I chose to avoid medications. I do use supplements for this as well but knowing to what extent I have to adjust the math has been key in losing weight and my health improved alongside for the first bit, I think.... Like it seemed like the weight loss got easier anyhow.
Old 03-07-2015, 05:58 PM
Experiencer
I recommend going vegetarian twice a week. I did this not to lose weight but to eat more healthy and I ended up losing weight. You will need to expand your menu to other cuisines though unless your cuisine already has a lot of veggie dishes. Otherwise, you will get bored of food and be tempted to grab something non-veggie.

I want to also suggest cutting out sugars. Sodas and other sugary drinks (i.e. starbucks).
Old 03-07-2015, 06:04 PM
I LOVE THIS THREAD!

Thank you for the inspiration!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-07-2015, 06:18 PM
Deactivated Account

Water will be your best friend. I am super physical in gym and sport, but that is not what keeps me thin. or at my weight goal. It's all about portion control in what your eating. Keep in mind, just because you change your diet, does not necessarily mean you will lose weight either. For example, if your recommended calorie intake is 1200, than you must keep it within those boundries. Healthy foods including fruits and veggies are also high in calorie intake, so be careful with portion control. I remember being a marathon runner and putting in tons of mileage, but still being bulky because I was eating in access. Good luck, I hope you find the right resources that match your fit!

Health rule just in case we step out of conversation.
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/fa...q_new_faq_item