Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 21-03-2015, 12:21 AM
I read something in Jeremiah within the last 10 years...changed the direction of my life (again, haha).
In short...."...know and understand me, so saith the Lord".
My mouth dropped and that was then my pursuit.
Now, I do.

All the 'stuff', the labels , the blame, misinterpretations
taught to children was a form of child abuse, imo.

My 2 cents. No wonder people are angry at 'this God' ancient
man painted for us.

I used to feel an urge to defend my Father...as I would my sister.
I know the true heart of my Father, and also, the goodness and heart of my sister.
But, alas, I don't bother or care...it is above my pay grade.
I might say a couple of things if a person sincerely wants to know...but
there is no debating God, for me.
God is like a bright ball of bliss to me ...
if there are creepy crawly things under rocks that don't want to
be part of that Light in this dream world, illusion, maya...that is their choice, not mine.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-03-2015, 12:28 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopusonpaper
Im not sure if I have the right end of the stick here .. but here goes...

Most people view God as a saviour when in fact we can only save ourselves. We are god-like, we are all one (just my opinion here) and that God is not external to us. So for me, it doesn't make sense to hate god as it appears as if one is hating self. I'm not saying you were hating yourself cos it appears you viewed him as being equivalent to a third person.

Sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick.
I viewed the biblical god as real and he knew everything I did. I thought it was the same for everyone, sort of like I had a judge in my head and I lived my life accordingly. I was naive to say the least.
Old 21-03-2015, 02:41 AM
Octy

In a way he is real, and he is that judge in your head, if you believe he is a part of you (hence me saying we are godlike). That is not to say you have to believe that. For me though, talking about him is equivalent to talking about an aspect of ourselves.

I'd like to hear how your views have changed since you feel you were naive beforehand.
Old 21-03-2015, 05:30 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by octopusonpaper
In a way he is real, and he is that judge in your head, if you believe he is a part of you (hence me saying we are godlike).
The judge in my head was paternal coming from love but every little thing I did wrong was brought to my attention making me feel ashamed, guilty and unworthy. I tried very hard but my humanity kept getting in the way. I most certainly judged myself but hadn't a clue it was me.
Quote:
That is not to say you have to believe that. For me though, talking about him is equivalent to talking about an aspect of ourselves.
I experience(d) this too.

Quote:
I'd like to hear how your views have changed since you feel you were naive beforehand.
Thankyou for asking. It led me to not trust anything or anyone and further down the line learned to trust myself. Trusting others is not even an issue any longer. There are a lot more changes but in losing my naivety, I had to grow up and leave my childhood created ideologies behind.
Old 21-03-2015, 06:22 AM
Octy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maguru
and further down the line learned to trust myself. Trusting others is not even an issue any longer. There are a lot more changes but in losing my naivety, I had to grow up and leave my childhood created ideologies behind.

This made me smile
Old 21-03-2015, 09:38 PM
Deactivated Account
If it was possible to defend or attack God, then that would make God less than he is. God is all there is, there is nothing that isn't God, so how could you defend or attack that lol.
Old 22-03-2015, 12:28 AM
Knower

Quote:
PS I am truly interested to know why others feel so strongly in defense of, or attack on God?

I don't feel too strongly about it either way. But fundamentalist religious types might.
Old 22-03-2015, 01:37 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by revolver
If it was possible to defend or attack God, then that would make God less than he is. God is all there is, there is nothing that isn't God, so how could you defend or attack that lol.
Maybe so but nevertheless people do.
Old 22-03-2015, 02:35 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Maybe so but nevertheless people do.
They certainly do.