Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 22-07-2017, 09:05 PM
Master
Who or what do you believe God is??

Hi everyone

I have had my religious beliefs turned up side down a few years ago and who i thought God was and i have heard it all. I believe that God is the great spirit, the holy father the one Jesus talks about and more but i want to know more!!!

Some say God is Jehovah, Yahweh, the Hindu Gods, the universe, mind of God(universal mind),sub-conscious mind, the divine and the one i believe now the Source(The Holy Father), source of everything and we live inside God(the great spirit). The problem is i don't have proof and i am only going by what i have read and what some have told me that makes more sense to me.

I wish i had more proof and if we just knew 100% it would be allot easier and i could have some peace.

So who or what do you believe God( the God of all gods) is?

The one that Jesus talks about?

Any reason or proof or experience you've had?

Thank you
Old 24-07-2017, 09:05 AM
Master
God is a very beautiful, divine creature full of endless light, peace, love, joy and wisdom. A part of his glorious countenance exists within our hearts as the soul or a holy fire which animates us, gives us the ability to love, serve and see Him when we identify with it, but the false identification leads some to believe they are God in totality.

God is beyond proof, beyond belief. There's just something inside that knows it, feels it and experiences it and He has a human form He shows to those who love Him unconditionally and also a cosmic manifestation he reveals to those who are ready and can handle the direct realisation of it.

To know God is more than paying lip service to the Vedas, parroting the Mahavakyas and trying to relate to a formless, nebulous concept through the mind. It is more than repeating self-serving mantras until they actually believe it.

I personally understand God as Shiva (but not limited to being Shiva whatsoever) and it's an 'understanding' that goes way beyond my mind and heart and I also understand that Shiva is a separate entity from myself, but not for many people out there, including but not limited to Adi Shankara who started the whole "I am God" craze.

I also understand God to be the ultimate rebel and revolutionary in the philosophies of men - no rules bind Him, He cannot be pigeonholed by conventional beliefs and does what He wants and likes just to spite those who get too carried away with hubris and mortal folly.

How would God ever prove himself enough to be believed anyway? Of course I could also say that God proves His existence every day but most choose to ignore it. He is the one I love with every fibre of my being...every breath that I breathe...every beat in my heart...every word that I utter.
Old 24-07-2017, 09:27 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
God is a very beautiful, divine creature full of endless light, peace, love, joy and wisdom. A part of his glorious countenance exists within our hearts as the soul or a holy fire which animates us, gives us the ability to love, serve and see Him when we identify with it, but the false identification leads some to believe they are God in totality.

God is beyond proof, beyond belief. There's just something inside that knows it, feels it and experiences it and He has a human form He shows to those who love Him unconditionally and also a cosmic manifestation he reveals to those who are ready and can handle the direct realisation of it.

To know God is more than paying lip service to the Vedas, parroting the Mahavakyas and trying to relate to a formless, nebulous concept through the mind. It is more than repeating self-serving mantras until they actually believe it.

I personally understand God as Shiva (but not limited to being Shiva whatsoever) and it's an 'understanding' that goes way beyond my mind and heart and I also understand that Shiva is a separate entity from myself, but not for many people out there, including but not limited to Adi Shankara who started the whole "I am God" craze.

I also understand God to be the ultimate rebel and revolutionary in the philosophies of men - no rules bind Him, He cannot be pigeonholed be conventional beliefs and does what He wants and likes just to spite those who get too carried away with hubris and mortal folly.

How would God ever prove himself enough to be believed anyway? Of course I could also say that God proves His existence every day but most choose to ignore it. He is the one I love with every fibre of my being...every breath that I breathe...every beat in my heart...every word that I utter.

That's an abstractive way to define who's the one that we call God. You don't expect a third line God as your or other's believe about the greatest God among the Gods. No one ever see God, the Almighty of all Gods.

All Gods that Gods know is only the second and third line Gods, not more than that. So OK you can try to find or to answer again. Good luck, this time. And see how far you're from the right answer?
Old 24-07-2017, 09:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
That's an abstractive way to define who's the one that we call God. You don't expect a third line God as your or other's believe about the greatest God among the Gods. No one ever see God, the Almighty of all Gods.

All Gods that Gods know is only the second and third line Gods, not more than that. So OK you can try to find or to answer again. Good luck, this time. And see how far you're from the right answer?
....and you believe you have all the right answers, do you Jeremy?

I don't need to justify my words or try and prove anybody else right or wrong here.

If you think I am wrong, good luck with that too because it doesn't bother me, knowing what I do about God.

Old 24-07-2017, 09:52 AM
Suspended
Quote:
....and you believe you have all the right answers, do you Jeremy?

I don't need to justify my words or try and prove anybody else right or wrong here.

If you think I am wrong, good luck with that too because it doesn't bother me, knowing what I do about God.

I base on few factors to consider he's the Almighty of all Gods or not.

1) He must be the creator of all Gods.

2) He must be able to know how to create life.

3) He must be able to dissolve any God.

4) He must be able to dissolve himself and to reform himself again. That's he's the expert to create and dissolve himself at the same time.

5) He should can neglect the time at any condition, that's he can change the time anytime he wants......

6) He should know how he's form?........

So can your god that you mentioned meet this simple requirements? If it's yes, then he's the one.
Old 24-07-2017, 10:03 AM
Master
1) He is 'self-created' and there are no other Gods apart from Him - even the Bible says it.

2) He creates life, sustains life and destroys it according to time.

3) He dissolves the whole universe into Himself through the eternal cosmic dance at the end of the cycle of existence.

4) He exists beyond destruction and cannot dissolve Himself. God is the primal force and energy beyond all matter and the dissolution thereof.

5) I agree totally. He is Time itself in the aspect of it as relating to the 4th dimension.

6) God is beyond any form to be aware of, but can assume any form He likes due to His omnipotence.

All names/forms are just an expression of who/what He is and they are all the same. He has revealed Himself in my heart and mind to be Shiva and that's how I understand Him to be and if others don't, that's fine too.
Old 24-07-2017, 10:38 AM
Suspended
Quote:
1) He is 'self-created' and there are no other Gods apart from Him - even the Bible says it.

2) He creates life, sustains life and destroys it according to time.

3) He dissolves the whole universe into Himself through the eternal cosmic dance at the end of the cycle of existence.

4) He exists beyond destruction and cannot dissolve Himself. God is the primal force and energy beyond all matter and the dissolution thereof.

5) I agree totally. He is Time itself in the aspect of it as relating to the 4th dimension.

6) God is beyond any form to be aware of, but can assume any form He likes due to His omnipotence.

All names/forms are just an expression of who/what He is and they are all the same. He has revealed Himself in my heart and mind to be Shiva and that's how I understand Him to be and if others don't, that's fine too.

I try to answer your questions for each one to prove to you whether he's the one or not?

1) In this world nothing is self created. There must be some reason that he can be formed. Say, a pulling force, a strong energy or beam of light or other reasons.

2) So far not a second|third line God can create life. And no one can sustain life by no means or gain energy at all. Can he not eat to survive?

3) Do you know how big is the universe and how can he dissolve it into him?the only way is dissolve himself to become the universe and be the universe.

4) When he can dissolve others or himself that's he can destruct life and he should also reform after he dissolve the life.

5) Time is the factors of death and alive because life is growing and until one day it's the end of life. But in spiritual realm, God's life is forever but can be destroyed by his enemies.

6) Second and third line God can't dissolve themselves otherwise they're death. That's they've the permanent unchangeable shape.

There's no one that has no form. Even the Good Energy in the universe can form a shape and not long he or she will become in energy form but he or she isn't the answer. The reason is he or she is not the creator of life.

So he's not the one. He even can't meet one of the requirements.
Old 24-07-2017, 10:43 AM
Master
Quote:
I try to answer your questions for each one to prove to you whether he's the one or not?

1) In this world nothing is self created. There must be some reason that he can be formed. Say, a pulling force, a strong energy or beam of light or other reasons.

2) So far not a second|third line God can create life. And no one can sustain life by no means or gain energy at all. Can he not eat to survive?

3) Do you know how big is the universe and how can he dissolve it into him?the only way is dissolve himself to become the universe and be the universe.

4) When he can dissolve others or himself that's he can destruct life and he should also reform after he dissolve the life.

5) Time is the factors of death and alive because life is growing and until one day it's the end of life. But in spiritual realm, God's life is forever but can be destroyed by his enemies.

6) Second and third line God can't dissolve themselves otherwise they're death. That's they've the permanent unchangeable shape.

So he's not the one. He even can't meet one of the requirements.
God exists beyond any human requirement we can place on Him as being 'God'. He is also not of this world nor the limitations of that either. He cannot be destroyed by His 'enemies'.

However, you will argue just for the sake of it, so okay, I agree with you, he's not the one. Does that make you happy now?

*goes and surrenders my heart and soul to the one who is not the one*
Old 24-07-2017, 10:49 AM
Suspended
Quote:
God exists beyond any human requirement we can place on Him as being 'God'. He is also not of this world or the limitations of that either.

However, you will argue just for the sake of it, so okay, I agree with you, he's not the one. Does that make you happy now?

*goes and surrenders my heart and soul to the one who is not the one*

Necro, don't give up , you can try again. Of course I've my reason to say this way. I'm not just to argue but that's the right requirements ,or the least requirements and they're many more.....
Old 24-07-2017, 10:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Necro, don't give up , you can try again. Of course I've my reason to say this way. I'm not just to argue but that's the right requirements ,or the least requirements and they're many more.....
Whatever...