Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 29-12-2017, 04:15 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Kindness, caring, honest, helpful, and loyal are the best traits there are.

Ah - good one - uncomplicated list - excellent!

Thumbs up, dude.

Old 31-12-2017, 02:03 AM
Master
Their ability to tell the truth clearly.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I'm simply listing things that turn me off. I've yet to judge anyone's character. I'm not looking to date anyone on or offline so my post shouldn't really concern anyone. I'm too busy fulfilling my passions so its hard to really commit to anyone. And if a person is interested in me, its wiser to start off as friends before getting serious.

I'm pretty sure many wouldn't make such a judgement about me. How narrow-minded that would be of them. Its not something that concerns me though.

I guess it depends on what is considered as weak and spineless. I wouldn't know what type of person would be good for me or i for them. I can only understand my preference. My likes and dislikes.

I know i've mentioned i don't care for one who is too serious but that doesn't mean that i don't want a person to take the relationship seriously. This time if i do get involved with someone i want them to take it seriously. No more games, no more lies.

Yawn, hahaha No need to defend any of this on my account.
I've offered my opinion purely for your consideration, that's all, no more and no less. This is what I was trying to say on that...

If you are ready to be peppy, pleasant, and/or non-serious as a rule, then IMO you are free to request it from others as a rule. Same as any other trait you prefer or admire in people and in potential friends, like strength or courage. Of course, that's not a 24/7 "guarantee", hahaha...but it does at least speak to your integrity.

Otherwise it sounds like (you may not intend this, of course) you perhaps are looking to be/need to be minded or entertained by someone. Someone who needs to be in a certain kind of mood or who must display a certain type of behaviour to pacify or please you. I'm not saying folks don't do this all the time or try to (LOL), but IMO no one is "the king of the world" and no one gets to stipulate any preferences or demands that they themselves are not willing and able to freely offer. You can also try substituting something else, like "kindness" or "honesty", to get this point.

Moreover, generally, a one-sided approach is probably not going to attract the self-respecting and/or the types who would be "serious about a relationship", including real friendship. You've got to be willing to walk the walk and give what you're seeking, particularly in the 21st century.

Again, just food for thought, purely for consideration. You'll figure it out, no doubt

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 02-01-2018, 06:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Yawn, hahaha No need to defend any of this on my account.

Hard not to sound defensive when i see misconceptions about me.

Quote:
I've offered my opinion purely for your consideration, that's all, no more and no less.

Yet you continue.....

Quote:

If you are ready to be peppy, pleasant, and/or non-serious as a rule, then IMO you are free to request it from others as a rule. Same as any other trait you prefer or admire in people and in potential friends, like strength or courage. Of course, that's not a 24/7 "guarantee", hahaha...but it does at least speak to your integrity.

I haven't requested anything as a "rule."

Quote:
Otherwise it sounds like (you may not intend this, of course) you perhaps are looking to be/need to be minded or entertained by someone.

If that were the case, i'd be actively looking for a relationship. Did you seriously read my post?

Quote:
Someone who needs to be in a certain kind of mood or who must display a certain type of behaviour to pacify or please you. I'm not saying folks don't do this all the time or try to (LOL), but IMO no one is "the king of the world" and no one gets to stipulate any preferences or demands that they themselves are not willing and able to freely offer.

I'm not expecting a robot and i don't know where you got "king of the world" from.

Quote:
You can also try substituting something else, like "kindness" or "honesty", to get this point.

Honesty would fit under courageousness and kindness (when used unconditionally) is a trait that turns me on, not a trait that i admire. Humor is also another trait that really turns me on but i don't admire people with a sense of humor.

Quote:

Moreover, generally, a one-sided approach is probably not going to attract the self-respecting and/or the types who would be "serious about a relationship", including real friendship. You've got to be willing to walk the walk and give what you're seeking, particularly in the 21st century.

Yes, i can see that. Though it seems like some people are often overlooked and not taken seriously regardless of how seriously they take the relationship.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:17 AM
Seeker

yaaahhh

I want him to be centered and down to earth. Observant... cute.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:37 AM
Suspended
7luminaries & ocean breeze should date.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:24 AM
Master
Apart from the logical loyal, honest etc...
- Able to love (as opposed to attach from ego/fear/whatever)
- self-confidence
- empathetic
- able to see other's point of view
- regards & treats women as equals
- eagerness to develop (personal growth)
- able to communicate openly
- masculine energy man
- able & willing to commit
- understanding emotions/feelings
- able to deal with emotions/feelings (mine, his own, other's)
- his need for personal freedom is balanced by a healthy desire for ''together-time"

In short this would be a loving, caring, warm man with a strong personality. He has his own views, yet is respectful of others'. Supporting and cherishing his partner. Able to give, initiate, follow through, and able to receive what his woman gives in return.

Off-putting
- controlling
- abusive, albeit emotional, verbal, mental, physical
- immature
- poorly developed ego
- disrespectful of women
- overly logical / analytical (kinda like Spock)

What stands out to me is that almost every woman mentions a man who's respectful of women...
Goes to show we aren't there yet when it comes to balancing masculine & feminine energies.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:21 PM
Master
Not taking themselves too seriously would be a big one for me - not to the point of excessive self-deprecation that makes me suspect they've got serious self-esteem issues, more in terms of not needlessly creating drama and being overly sensitive to criticism. Emotional maturity and self-honesty are also a must for me, I've little patience for people with fragile egos these days. Also knowing their own mind whilst being open to alternative perspectives, considerate of the needs and feelings of others, and committed to personal growth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Grows
7luminaries & ocean breeze should date.
Oh I'd pay to see that, be like WWE I reckon - elbow-dropping each other, smashing chairs over the other's head and what have you
Old 04-01-2018, 01:32 AM
Master
^^ Oh gee, i hope you don't think it will come to that. I try to reserve elbow dropping, chair smashing, and pile driving for at least the second or third date.

Edit: spelling.

Last edited by ocean breeze : 04-01-2018 at 03:46 AM.
Old 04-01-2018, 03:37 AM
Suspended