Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 12-10-2014, 08:55 PM
Meditating a few minutes is like having a banquet laid before you and just nibbling. (Someone's else's words.)

3 hrs is nice. Ya gotta love meditation...

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-10-2014, 08:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Meditating a few minutes is like having a banquet laid before you and just nibbling. (Someone's else's words.)

3 hrs is nice. Ya gotta love meditation...

Dear Miss Hepburn.

But what do you specifically do for 3 hours, i have mentioned up above what i do slightly "I am new to this" i am just interested not because i am going to mimic but i like to know what on earth you do for 3 hours in you're mind..?

People seemed obsessed with mind-fullness, i don't really like it.

What do you do..?

Surely its a harder workout to visualize etc mind-fullness is easy.
Old 12-10-2014, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIND POWER
Dear Miss Hepburn.

But what do you specifically do for 3 hours, i have mentioned up above what i do slightly "I am new to this".
i am just interested not because i am going to mimic but i like to know what on earth you do for 3 hours in you're mind..?
People seemed obsessed with mind-fullness, i don't really like it.

What do you do..?

Surely its a harder workout to visualize etc mind-fullness is easy.
That is a fair question....I happen to be madly in love with God, my Father...why? Because He has filled me so...I'm not
'seeking' in a way others might be...His Divine Presence is 'there'...
and
practice makes perfect, btw.

What do you do when looking into the eyes of your baby?
What does your mind do when watching your lover sleep?
What do you do when sitting on a beach looking at the MOST gorgeous sunset ever...knowing
your evening will be perfect and every day will be
incredible?

You drink in the feeling
... the adoration, maybe the longing, the burning in your heart, your gratitude,
your blessings that you are who you are...

My thing is learn to take in the love...increase the capacity of your heart
to withstand more and more love.

Ask for Divine Love, wait...sit...expect. Learn patience like a man
thirsty but only has a drip in a cave ...but
that drip will eventually fill buckets.

If your mind must think? Then think this..."I know You're there....
I will wait and wait for You...Help me make my heart Your Home...
every breath I take is waiting for You...
I will make myself a perfect place for You to come..."
And on and on...could YOU stay away? Ha!

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-10-2014, 09:54 PM
Master
Quote:
That is a fair question....I happen to be madly in love with God, my Father...why? Because He has filled me so...I'm not
'seeking' in a way others might be...His Divine Presence is 'there'...
and
practice makes perfect, btw.

What do you do when looking into the eyes of your baby?
What does your mind do when watching your lover sleep?
What do you do when sitting on a beach looking at the MOST gorgeous sunset ever...knowing
your evening will be perfect and every day will be
incredible?

You drink in the feeling
... the adoration, maybe the longing, the burning in your heart, your gratitude,
your blessings that you are who you are...

My thing is learn to take in the love...increase the capacity of your heart
to withstand more and more love.

Ask for Divine Love, wait...sit...expect. Learn patience like a man
thirsty but only has a drip in a cave ...but
that drip will eventually fill buckets.

If your mind must think? Then think this..."I know You're there....
I will wait and wait for You...Help me make my heart Your Home...
every breath I take is waiting for You...
I will make myself a perfect place for You to come..."
And on and on...could YOU stay away? Ha!

Love the ultimate healer, so you think of love for 3 hours in its whole complexity! i think love is a complex emotion because it relates to so many things positively.

There is a rigid competitive side of me, that maybe wants to do its own thing within meditation at this moment in time.

I do feel what you are saying though, that's a lovely post.
Old 13-10-2014, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Love the ultimate healer, so you think of love for 3 hours in its whole complexity! i think love is a complex emotion because it relates to so many things positively.

There is a rigid competitive side of me, that maybe wants to do its own thing within meditation at this moment in time.

I do feel what you are saying though, that's a lovely post.
Think of love..well, no.
Love is love...included in it... is nothing but more love.
About as complex as puppy breath.

Each one is unique, you must have been made competitive for a reason.
I just see your description as not wanting to do what others do.
Each has their own way of discovery.

Btw, ask yourself before meditation what is your intent...that always
helps set a momentum.
Like 'getting in the mood', is all.

Old 13-10-2014, 12:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Think of love..well, no.
Love is love...included in it... is nothing but more love.
About as complex as puppy breath.

Each one is unique, you must have been made competitive for a reason.
I just see your description as not wanting to do what others do.
Each has their own way of discovery.

Btw, ask yourself before meditation what is your intent...that always
helps set a momentum.
Like 'getting in the mood', is all.

Oh i...

I know what my intent is, throughout my life i have run 1000's upon 1000' of miles of sprinting, done thousands if not millions of calisthenic and resistance training repetitions all in order to compete and train my body.

And i just believe that training the mind, and growing spiritually is the next step. At the end of the day you come to realize that everything starts in the mind, its not the other way around.

I want to master my body, and obviously grow in insight.

I have just meditated for 1 hour by the way.

I have always been somebody who has never trained myself mentally, well i don't like the word mentally anymore its to scientific.

Spiritually.

Thanks for you're reply's.
Old 13-10-2014, 01:27 AM
Hi Mind Power,
Just to let you know if you haven't considered this?
If this may help you along your way..

Growing spiritually is all about heart.

Training the Mind?...you must have something more powerful than the Mind.
Find out what that is, another thought for you.

Best wishes

Old 13-10-2014, 10:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Do you just do mindfullness? I think mindfullness is completely lazy. I only started afew days ago, i am approaching meditation as if it is a physiological workout for the mind. Visualisation, incanitations, explaining things, and then moments of focus on one thing is the closet I come to minfullness. What techniques do you do Gem??? Thanks for the reply.

Mindfulness is the basis of my meditations, and in my formal training I was taught the Buddhist traditions of anapanasati (breath awareness) and vipassana (to observe what is)... and they still form the foundation of the practice. In these techniques one only observes and doesn't visualise or chant or control breath, so it's a non-volitional observance mainly of the breath and of the body sensations.

Focus on one thing is a good practice, and people use breath mostly... probably because everyone is breathing all the time.

Visualisations, chants, controlled breath, mantra are a different class of meditation which require the meditator to undertake some form of volitional action... this is like 'to see it as you want it to be', hence one endeavours to affect change. In the anapana/vipassana buddhist tradition one doesn't endeavour to affect change, but rather observes change without any personal investment... so it comes under mindfulness, but is called 'insight', as it gears toward self observance.

These mindful/insight techniques aren't lazy just because one undertakes no activity (except to observe) because doing nothing is quite difficult to do since the mind is habitualised to making up expectations, reacting adversely to any unwanted/unpleasant experience and reaching with desire for a wonderful experience... so being highly aware while maintaining perfect equanimity and poise can be quite arduous, particulary whist enduring hard sensations and/or emotional storms.

On mention of the 'heart', I refer to the well spring of love and compassion which is endemic to human nature, but is often obscured by obstacles in the psyche. We might refer to them as mental or emotional blocks. And the poise of the balanced mind encounters these, but where one previously reacted adversely and endeavoured to avoid, the practice requires one to maintain their poise and observe them as they occur instead. As one cultivates a stronger ability to retain their equanimity they become more able to endure the emotions, which also manifest as painful/uncomfortable sensations, and rather than avoiding them, just allow them to be there as they pass in good time, thereby clearing the obstacles that hinder that wellspring of pure love.

That brings me to the loving kindness style of meditation. As the mind/body or physio/psychic opens up, said love and compassion can be felt as though it bubbles up through the heart, and it expresses itself as compassion, which is like the wish that all people, and indeed, all living beings will be filled with that outpouring... so it's like wishing it for every living thing.

Old 13-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Master
Remember meditation makes the brain grow. On top of that to much purification can have very bad effects on you both mentally and physicallly.

Start at 10 mins. Work your way up to 20 mins twice a day. That is the standard. If you are doing only breath without a proven system of practices before or after breath. Then yes you can go up to an 1hr a day. Most people have busy lives and 20 mins twice a day is enough

Now I do 5 mins of Internal Fire - Energy work Requires an open heart chakra for best results.
20 mins Mindful Meditation.
5 mins Samyama Requires some inner silence during meditation practice.
5 mins rest.

Total time 35 mins twice a day .

Last edited by jonesboy : 13-10-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Old 13-10-2014, 03:53 PM
Master

I've managed to develop a rather simple and/or unique practice...

When my mind is fully occupied, there's little or no medative activity going on - 'as such' - yet it's as though the door is ajar and there are some receptors stood by, waiting to pick up any incoming messages that are being sent in my direction...

If by chance, I happen to sit back and do very little or even nothing at all, then the mind is allowed to go blank and whatever is available, can flood in at it's own pace...

Sometimes there is activity, at other times there's nothing... But I'm really comfortable with however the system works... I've never tried to hurry proceedures, never made any demands... It all gets to be where it needs to be at its own pace and within its own time structure...

Don't ask me how its turned out to be that way, because I haven't got a clue... It simply evolved as I myself did...

Robbie...

Never search for answers. Wait patiently until they are placed before you, which will be when you can unconditionally accept: and live those answers...