Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 14-07-2014, 12:18 PM
orca

Not doing things and making decisions based on what you know is right for you creates more bad karma. Karma isn't supposed to make everyone passive and unable to make decisions and violating what we know is right inside, whatever that is. Karma is about what you feel is right for you in this lifetime, taking action and taking responsibility. And if that's rescuing bugs, that's great.

Anything else is, to me, being irresponsible, fear-based, and thus creating more need for lessons that have to be learned again later.

Only you know what the right answer should be for yourself on this. That is your karma to work through. Not what you think it will mean for the next life, because that will probably not be anything close to what you think it is.

The ego thinks it knows how something like karma works, and I suggest that it really way-oversimplifies things.

Dig deep and take action, whichever way you think is right for you. Leave things like karma out of it because you'll likely assume incorrectly.
Old 17-07-2014, 05:09 PM
each1teach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaceykat
If you knew for a FACT someone was breaking the law ~~ it involves a LOT of money ~~ would you turn her in?

What are the karma repercussions for me if I do? She's surely going to be punished, so I have caused harm to her. Heck, I rescue spiders from the path of my vacuum cleaners, and have even been known to fish rolly-polly bugs from the fireplace when they emerge from hiding in the wood logs due to the heat. (what a hideous way to go that would be...)

But what are the karma repercussions if I DON'T turn her in? Am I allowing evil to flourish...? Doesn't that make me party to it? Who am I to say the laws of the land can be put aside at will, I'm nobody. Perhaps the universe gave me this knowledge in order to take action upon it?

It's been 13 months since I found out. I almost wish I hadn't.

Anyway, what would YOU do?

If it's effecting your conscious that much, just listen to it. Do what you feel is right

It depends for me.
Of course all theft is wrong, but theft for survival would not effect my conscious as much as greed motivated theft. Say I had a friend with a low income job and no health insurance. His kid is in critical condition in the hospital and he can't afford to pay for a transplant or whatever to save his kid. He makes the unwise but passionate decision to rob a bank to pay the bills.
I'd probably just offer him some wisdom about the consequences of stealing and intimidating innocent employees of a bank to get money. I'd encourage him to turn himself in and also offer him other options to make money after he gets out. Because his heart is in the right place, I wouldn't give him in because he'd probably end up turning himself in anyway If I get through to him. That's what I'd go for, anyway..

Now greed motivated theft, different story. They should be turned in. Especially white collar criminals that steal from the elderly.