Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 02-05-2013, 12:35 AM
Knower

Hi StephenK. What do you need from me? There is a reason you respond to my posts in the style you do. How can I help you?
Old 02-05-2013, 02:59 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthJunkie
Hi StephenK. What do you need from me?
Not a thing... just responding to you with what comes to mind... doing so here gives me differing things to think about during the day... you're welcome to do likewise in return... :^)
Old 02-05-2013, 03:07 AM
StephenK

Quote:
You have not traveled the circles I have traveled. You are a physicalist and perhaps with some spiritual information. I will repeat there is no doubt the genetic programming in the body plays a role in the survival of the species. I am not interested in arguing your point since you need to produce an outcome that satisfies your intellectual programming.

Oh what the heck... you wrote this and then erased it, but I still got it via email... you know this is a bit presumptive don't you... such presumption does influence my responses... :^)
Old 02-05-2013, 03:32 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
Oh what the heck... you wrote this and then erased it, but I still got it via email... you know this is a bit presumptive don't you... such presumption does influence my responses... :^)

I write a lot of things while looking at what I am experiencing. Some of it isn't real pretty. I spent 2+ years on a hardcore forum where a whole lot of invalidation occurred. I am not seeing that here but I feel a bit lectured to and I don't think that is intentional on your part but perhaps how it is perceived on my part. I don't know you. I'm not sure if I want to dialog with you yet. I likewise am not interested in redirects unless there is something of value. I am not offended but I am not all that interested either. I have experienced significant spiritual contact and fear in many different capacities from physical threat, to wounds and traumas, overrides in consciousness, to spiritual possession. I know the difference between biological and spiritual fear. Thank you. Be well.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:27 PM
StephenK

Quote:
I write a lot of things while looking at what I am experiencing. Some of it isn't real pretty. I spent 2+ years on a hardcore forum where a whole lot of invalidation occurred. I am not seeing that here but I feel a bit lectured to and I don't think that is intentional on your part but perhaps how it is perceived on my part. I don't know you. I'm not sure if I want to dialog with you yet. I likewise am not interested in redirects unless there is something of value. I am not offended but I am not all that interested either. I have experienced significant spiritual contact and fear in many different capacities from physical threat, to wounds and traumas, overrides in consciousness, to spiritual possession. I know the difference between biological and spiritual fear. Thank you. Be well.

Thank you for the raw and honest response! As to my appearing as something of a physicalist there's a good reason, as I see it, for doing so.

I've had many experiences that are outside the norm, as you appear to have had as well. When these first started happening I began quickly defining almost everything I experienced within spiritual terms. I started discounting everything physical as irrelevant, and visualized all as being rooted elsewhere... but over time it became clear that this really isn't so.
In fact much of what we experience is easily traceable within this lifetime. Which doesn't discount either of our "outside" observations... but it is good to take notice of where one ends and the other begins.

When we talk about people in general it's become rather clear that most are what I consider "land locked". They are born to this world, are exposed to it's rhythms, and tend to view and experience from within this perspective. I was clearly that way until around the age of 12.. when I was exposed to something that didn't fit with this picture... then repetitive exposures then-after. I tried explaining what I was experiencing to others, and like yourself was met with dismissive remarks... they didn't see what I was pointing to, so for them it didn't exist.... while in retrospect, they were just being honest... I was angry at most in the earlier years, but not so much as of late...

And so when we talk about our experience as though it is a factor in others lives we may indeed be missing the mark in this regard... and that's my point... there is spiritually authored experiences and there are those that are primarily land-locked.... most people, as well as much within ourselves, are dealing with the land-locked version we were born into...

I do believe that this distinction is good to keep an eye on... and that's essentially what I was getting at in my replies... :^)
Old 03-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
Thank you for the raw and honest response! As to my appearing as something of a physicalist there's a good reason, as I see it, for doing so.

I've had many experiences that are outside the norm, as you appear to have had as well. When these first started happening I began quickly defining almost everything I experienced within spiritual terms. I started discounting everything physical as irrelevant, and visualized all as being rooted elsewhere... but over time it became clear that this really isn't so.
In fact much of what we experience is easily traceable within this lifetime. Which doesn't discount either of our "outside" observations... but it is good to take notice of where one ends and the other begins.

When we talk about people in general it's become rather clear that most are what I consider "land locked". They are born to this world, are exposed to it's rhythms, and tend to view and experience from within this perspective. I was clearly that way until around the age of 12.. when I was exposed to something that didn't fit with this picture... then repetitive exposures then-after. I tried explaining what I was experiencing to others, and like yourself was met with dismissive remarks... they didn't see what I was pointing to, so for them it didn't exist.... while in retrospect, they were just being honest... I was angry at most in the earlier years, but not so much as of late...

And so when we talk about our experience as though it is a factor in others lives we may indeed be missing the mark in this regard... and that's my point... there is spiritually authored experiences and there are those that are primarily land-locked.... most people, as well as much within ourselves, are dealing with the land-locked version we were born into...

I do believe that this distinction is good to keep an eye on... and that's essentially what I was getting at in my replies... :^)

Thanks for your generosity and kindness. Born a physical body raised a spiritual body. Spirit influences physicality and physicality influences spirit. The journey requires experience in the body in order to survive the times. In the midst of this attainment we thrive (or not) as spiritual entities. The awakening to the spiritual self is no where near as obvious as physical incarnation. In regards to how much influence the body has over spirit the answer is a lot. In fact the body is the machine in which we experience and express through in this reality. The human body is one of the most advanced life forms in the entire star system. The mechanisms that constitute a functioning human existence are absolutely astonishing and taken for granted in many circles. Without form we have no means to create among nature. However this universe came into play there is a fundamental purpose that is divine.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:31 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Thanks for your generosity and kindness. Born a physical body raised a spiritual body. Spirit influences physicality and physicality influences spirit. The journey requires experience in the body in order to survive the times. In the midst of this attainment we thrive (or not) as spiritual entities. The awakening to the spiritual self is no where near as obvious as physical incarnation. In regards to how much influence the body has over spirit the answer is a lot. In fact the body is the machine in which we experience and express through in this reality. The human body is one of the most advanced life forms in the entire star system. The mechanisms that constitute a functioning human existence are absolutely astonishing and taken for granted in many circles. Without form we have no means to create among nature. However this universe came into play there is a fundamental purpose that is divine.

Wonderfully stated!! :^)

The physical body and physical environment maintains a rhythm that is immensely compelling... once mesmerized to this rhythm it takes layers upon layers of enlightened appreciation to untangle ourselves from the full grip of this focus. While, the fully enlightened individual can straddle and embrace both... neither one supersedes the other while we're traversing this physical experience.... deeply respecting the qualities of both provides the personalized pathway to the profound.... :^)