Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 26-03-2015, 12:52 AM
Newbie ;)

My First AP Attempt..... Thoughts?

I’ve always been intrigued by the thought of astral projection and the freedom it would entail. I have however, been skeptical of such claims and thus never really gave meditation the time of day so to speak. Over the past couple of years my wife and I have gotten back into shape. We put in a home gym, have personal trainers and eat very clean. This is the lifestyle we are trying to pass along to our three kids. I travel about half of the year for work and sometimes while away I have large amount of free time. I started to research meditation and the benefits of strengthening the mind and gaining yet another tool to pass along to the children. Last week I decided to give it a try after an extensive youtube session, and can honestly say I was amazed. I saw purple clouds, swirls, flashed of light etc. While this was all new and fascinating it was the great sense of calm coupled with the feeling of immense energy the really got me. It was the best i’ve felt in very long time. Naturally I wanted to take it further. I continued to read the various forums and comparing other’s experiences with that of my own.

I decided to give AP try. If nothing else the process should induce a deep meditative state. I got comfortable and began deep breathing allowing my body and mind to relax. I gave to little focus to the visuals and voices while trying to go deeper and deeper. After some time I felt my breathing get shorter and shallower. My heart rate seemed to increase and I was pulling wave after wave of energy from my head to my feet. I focused the energy to a continuous stream which seems to make my body vibrate/resonate. I could hear a very high pitched tone somewhere deep in my ears. My forehead and eyes seemed to roll, like a small wave as if it were water…It’s hard to explain. I felt like i was spinning very slowly from head to foot which made me feel somewhat dizzy. The energy at this point was so intense that my feet were buzzing and body would twitch. I wanted to try to “get out” but I really didn’t know how or if was really time. I tried to allow my conscious self to roll. It felt like part rolling part sliding. part of me felt like it was pulling away from itself with a million strings of tingling energy…Again it hard to explain. I could only get so far and would slightly lose focus. This went on for a little while. I saw a dark...black a figure, it came close I can’t remember what it said. The face was female and beautiful, there was no sense of fear i asked if she could help me. I can’t remember her response but she stayed close. I tried to use the rope technique but for the life of couldn’t find the focus for it. I felt my body become very light and start to expand, starting to float. My mind would wander to the “end game” once i was out and i think because of this i’d lose the focus again. My body felt electric by this point. I looked again to the dark figure and asked for help. I saw a huge brown Hawk/Eagle with yellow eyes swoop up, I don’t know if I held it or it held me perhaps both and we shot straight up. It was the most intense feeling i have ever experienced. I’d like to compare it to the first few seconds of skydiving but up rather than down and quite possibly more intense. The sheer energy of it caused me to lose focus once again. I didn’t know if I was in or out my mind was garbled. I left it at that. I brought myself back around it was all I could handle for my first attempt. I moved my body piece by piece, everything still felt electric. I felt a huge grin on my face from the experience….my legs were still twitching for sometime after like they were still releasing the energy.

I’d like to hear your thoughts. Your comments and insight would be greatly appreciated.
Old 30-03-2015, 01:38 AM
Experiencer
To comment on your question of whether you were out or in, I always use the rule: if you are conscious of exit sensations (which you described), you are probably out. And of course, if you find yourself in the RTZ, you can look for your sleeping form to verify being apart from it.

This was an amazing experience, especially for a first experience, to read about. Do you have any thoughts on the kind female form or the hawk?
Old 31-03-2015, 02:41 AM
Newbie ;)

Hi Astralwanderer, Thanks for taking the time to have a look. The female figure was all black like that of piano lacquer, or a porcelain doll. I suppose it could have been unnerving in a different situation but like I said I felt no fear or that it had any ill intentions. As for the Hawk, that is a mystery to me. It has no special significance to me that i'm aware of. Which is probably why it caught me off guard. All in all it was a great experience.

I tried again two nights later, but found it difficult to stay conscious. I tried to ignore the voices and visuals this time and let it happen so to speak. As my consciousness would "snap back" i became aware of feeling like my feet were up and head was down, spinning, rolling etc.. This all ended with a jolt. Which felt large enough that it should have made the bed shake. That brought an end to another attempt.

It all makes me want to continue, just to find out what will happen next!!
Old 31-03-2015, 08:07 AM
Newbie ;)

I thought I would pass along what happened last night. With the question AP or LD?

I decided not to try an AP as I was too tired, so I just went to sleep. All of a sudden I'm fully conscious and floating slowly facedown to the floor on the side of the bed. I allowed this to happen without moving as I was afraid any movement would put an end to what was happening. As I reached the floor the scene changed. I was now looking down at a vast blanket of clouds. I'm still slowly floating downward, yet there is no sense of falling. Then I think "I can fly". I flew toward a break in the clouds with arms out at first, then bringing them in to my sides. This seemed to increase the speed 10 fold. I arrived at a very dim/gloomy place. Like is was it was dusk, alway teetering between light and dark. I noticed a building which I perceived to be a school. On the side of the building was a stair case leading to a landing, which then turned into a walkway leading to the building. There was a young girl on the landing, so I floated over and landed next to her. I asked her where I was, as she turned to me she pulled her hood back and looked up. Her face was distorted and mottled, I felt she expected me to recoil, or to look away. Her eyes looked like she was ashamed. I was in a state of complete peace and felt no fear of the place or the girl. She replied by saying I was in..... something starting with a "T" and what I thought should have a "'" in the middle. i.e. T***'*** or something to that effect. I then left the platform to look around. Every person I saw had similar features. Once I had looked around for awhile I thought "I want to go home". With that I woke up, my body still tingling.

Now here's where it get a little weird!!

I go back to sleep with in seconds. Then same as before I'm fully conscious in the same position slowly floating to the floor. Now this time I Knew what to expect. I let it happen and once I touched the floor the scene changed. Only this time I was standing upright by the door in the bedroom. The room was bright but with a heavy white/grey haze. I look briefly at myself sleeping and walked out of the room. Once I left the room the scene changed again, rather than the kitchen I was expecting, I was now at a massive house in the middle of a cocktail party. I was not noticed by any of the people attending, with the exception of strange being at the far end of the room. He was staring at me!! I made my over to him, he was huge. Human body and strange bird looking head. I got the feeling he was a guard of some sort. He offered me a drink, I told him I didn't have a glass. He said I didn't need one! Who am I to argue. I presented my non-existent glass and he filled it. Now there is liquid seemingly floating above my hand where the glass would be. I drank it and he poured another. Then a second huge man appeared, they were having a conversation partially about me I believe. I could hear small portions though I can't remember them now. I felt like we were all to go somewhere. But then I woke up again.

I checked my phone for the time, I'd been asleep for about an hour. These two instances seemed like quite awhile.

One thing that amazes me, regardless of wither this was an AP or an LD is the vivid recall. I've never had an AP or a LD so as a whole it was a fantastic experience!

I have had two references to birds though. First was the Hawk, second was the Guard. Does anyone know of any significance?
Old 31-03-2015, 09:29 AM
Guide
Well done with your experiences. You have indeed achieved a lot in a short time.

I would like to do some work on this skill as well, so I started to read some of the books of William Buhlman.

http://www.baytallaah.com/bookspdf/132.pdf
(Adventures beyond the Body)
He was a huge sceptic himself, until one day, when he was at college he accidentally "woke up" floating around in his room.

This kicked off his interest, and he started to practice after lectures. He would sit in his room reading a book in his chair until he felt sleepy. He would then put the book down and go deeper until he felt the energy and vibrations. And so he learned how to leave his body while being lucid.

It would appear you can command your movements, actions etc while you are in that state. I attended a weekend workshop on this by Todd Acamesis and he explained that if I could not see clearly all I had to do was to say "Greater Clarity Now!", and that would give me clear vision.

He said that some of the things we should all do is to
1) Meet with our Spirit Guides - Say the command - Take me to my spirit guides now.
2) Experience our Higher Selves (Soul) - Say the command - I wish to experience my Higher Self now!
3) Raise our vibrations - say the command - I now raise my vibration to match the vibration of my Spirit guides.

You can also travel on to the Higher planes - Simply say - Take me to the next higher plane now.

It would appear there are many vibrational levels on the Astral plane. We sometimes end up going to the lower planes with the objective to go and help some souls stuck there and taking them up to the next higher planes where they can get help.

The lower astral planes always look dull and gloomy and the buildings are poorly kept or derelict.
If you need assistance call for Archangels Michael/Raphael/Gabriel for protection or help to guide the soul to a higher plane.

On the Higher planes they will have others who can help them on their soul journey.

Apparently we all seem to do this a lot (Helping others stuck on the Lower Astral to get up to the Higher planes) when we go to sleep, even when we are not consciously aware of this.
Old 31-03-2015, 10:18 AM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for the info!! I'll give the pdf. a read and take it from there. There is a wealth of information out there. Sometimes the hardest part is knowing where to start. I'll definitely give those commands a try the next chance I get.