Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 12:13 AM
Glorymist

Mage - - this is probably going to be of NO help - - but there is an old saying / principle - - "To figure out where YOU are on the Path, look where everybody else is."

Lots of people tend to get all caught up in how people say things. You might feel "less" than someone who believe exactly the same thing as you do but words it with flowers and frosting. Try to look beyond that. Try to consider their principles behind their words. See what they promote and how they promote it.

But probably one of the best ways to stear thru all of this is to keep your eye on your goal. On an ideal that you wish to bring into your lie and live from. If most anyone begins to look closely at how far there is "left to go" - - even if they can't put a number on the distance - - they tend to get very tired and frustrated indeed.

No harm in slowing down a bit. Taking a break. Maybe give yourself a month or two to take a break while continuing with simple general maintenance work. Then - - start afresh.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:19 AM
BLAIR2BE

Light Mage,
At Times, Peoples Energy Feels Older, Wiser. Others Energy Feels Young Or Inexperienced. Mothergoose Reminded Me To Trust My Instincts. So This Is How I Gauge. I Am Lucky Enough To Have Always Had A Very Powerful And Natural Sense Of Energy (somthing I Didnt Have To Develop). If You Can Tune To The Energy That Is All Around Us, That May Help You Gauge The Energy (soul Is Energy):)
Old 10-09-2006, 12:21 AM
BLAIR2BE

>good Advice From Glorymist...
Old 10-09-2006, 04:44 AM
Master
Glorymist's advice is fabulous, Light Mage!

Feeling naive can be very frustrating, and I believe we all experience that, but what you need to remember is that we're here to learn. Somethings we only need to 'remember' from past lives and other things will be new to us because it's our lesson in this life. If we don't learn it this time around, we'll have to try again next time.

Feeling old/weary could possibly be coming from having dealt with certain things over & over again....you may know how to deal with it, but you're tired of proving that you can. That's just something I was thinking about not long ago. You get this feeling of "oh no! not again!" Or at least I do...maybe I'm alone in this?
Old 10-09-2006, 05:17 AM
imageimaginer

Sometimes you can feel whether one has an old soul or not. Those with old souls have unique personalities, they are quiet and loving individuals. They keep to themselves and do their own thing. They are not troubled by the problems that people create but seek to help them overcome them.

Some have lived hundreds even thousands of earth lives and in them they may have been Kings, Queens, Soldiers, Scribes, Rich and Poor. They have experienced everything and have even killed in their lifetimes. For the soul seeks to experience it all in order to know who it really is. And so it may choose to return to have a new experience and to discover again who it is in relation to that new experience.

Then there comes a time when a soul has experienced it all and really knows who it is in relation to all its experiences or lifetimes. These are those we call old souls and they return soley to help other souls in their experience to know and to remember who they are.

We, all of us are parts of God seeking every experience so that god will know who it really is through us.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:49 AM
Master
That is just beautifully written, imageimaginer! Thank you for sharing that with us!
Old 10-09-2006, 08:18 AM
lumas

Then like you imageimaginer most on these foums are old souls because we all understand this concept we all remember....
Old 10-09-2006, 01:06 PM
Glorymist

Nice touch - - imageimaginer.

:->

About the only thing that I would throw in there would be - - if you are dealing with someone who has lived "hundreds or even thousands of lives" - - you are dealing with an "infant" Soul rather than a "young" Soul.

We have "forever" to do this in. To discover - - Truth. Figuratively and literally.

Hundreds or thousands of lives - - in "forever" - - is nothing ! !

You tell me - - anyone - - how long does it take - - to get from perhaps just coming out of the animal world - - so basic as to barely even be able to take care of themselves - - and are probably living incredibly short lives in the alleys of India or the badlands of Africa / South America / wherever. How long would it take - - to get from that "level" - - to Ghandi ?? Or Jesus ?? Or the Buddha ?? Or Mother Teresa ??

Thru all the grubbing and the working and the slaving and the learning of ethics and morals and crime and such ?? Then into all the religions and the mystery schools and psychic stuff ?? Then - - farther still ??

How long would it take ??

People take lifetimes just to stop smoking ! ! Or drinking ! ! Or using drugs ! !

By the time someone is well based in morals and ethics - - and is living a rather clean and respectful life - - they are incredibly "old" ! ! And tho they might still have a ways to go - - they can at least hold their head up by then and claim - - "You know ?? I've done a pretty damn good job ! !"

There may still be struggles. LOTS of them. But they are probably not going to drop back and get involved in heavy crime or control over other people.

What imageimaginer says is true. You can often "feel" another old Soul. There is not the heavy, oppressive "power over" attitude exuding from such a person. There is more a simplicity and an understanding of and towards life. You can feel that. Not as an emotion. But as a "sense of - - ."

And by the time you are beginning to get these various "senses of - - " - - you are *ancient* ! !

hee hee hee
Old 10-09-2006, 03:08 PM
Master
Glorymist, as always, I love what you have to say!

Quote:
People take lifetimes just to stop smoking ! ! Or drinking ! ! Or using drugs ! !
hmmmmm....I hadn't thought of that. Hadn't thought of it taking lifetimes to stop that sort of thing. It sheds a little more light on my attitudes towards them ....as well as my dh's attitudes toward them. Thank you!
Old 10-09-2006, 05:16 PM
biyu_wolf_77

Quote:
Originally Posted by imageimaginer
Sometimes you can feel whether one has an old soul or not. Those with old souls have unique personalities, they are quiet and loving individuals. They keep to themselves and do their own thing. They are not troubled by the problems that people create but seek to help them overcome them.

Some have lived hundreds even thousands of earth lives and in them they may have been Kings, Queens, Soldiers, Scribes, Rich and Poor. They have experienced everything and have even killed in their lifetimes. For the soul seeks to experience it all in order to know who it really is. And so it may choose to return to have a new experience and to discover again who it is in relation to that new experience.

Then there comes a time when a soul has experienced it all and really knows who it is in relation to all its experiences or lifetimes. These are those we call old souls and they return soley to help other souls in their experience to know and to remember who they are.

We, all of us are parts of God seeking every experience so that god will know who it really is through us.
can i say not all are quiet (im generally far from but all that know me generally the whole district know i different and i love beein as such--i mean artist in the sence youd think good at math and science like a math-amation or scientist usially pretty good with tech like youd expect one of the geek squad to be im the opposite of myself!!!!) but it can be hard fer outhers to understand them at times which is where findin outhers that are simalar comes in if not fer beein able to find those that are simalar it could be really lonely and youd usially wonder why youre even here and just wanna return "home" even tho you dont know where it may be

did that help at all??
Closed Thread