Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 18-11-2010, 03:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
Christian Lightworker??? Yes, that is very possible. As the general definition of Lightworker is one that works with the light with intentions of bettering humanity. So it's very possible that a Christian could be a lightworker. A lightworker can be a lightworker regardless of what faith, or creed they are.

That is if you beleive with the term lightworker. Some feel it's just a label that means nothing.. but I'm assuming from the question you do not think that way.

Your add on:

This depends on what you are referring to in energy work. One that partakes in Reiki or Quantum touch. Something like that?

Some Christians think Reiki is an evil practice. That it does not come from God. Some feel that God/Jesus are the only ones that can do the healing. And that Spiritual healing through Jesus/God is the only legit healing.

There are some Christians that are open to the concept of Reiki. It's a matter of what the church you belong to stance on the issue is. If you are your own type of Christian that follows your own view of the bible/Jesus then it would be up to you on what you feel is right in your heart.

I don't think that mainsteam Christianty will follow Reiki, or will see the Pope doing Reiki anytime soon.

pretty much what you wrote is my thoughts having a christian background I am very attracted to the ideals of the lightworker websites. When I read them it sounded a bit like me or what I am attracted to. Energy work is something would like to experiment with but the warnings from church people have stopped me. particularly with things like Reiki
Old 18-11-2010, 03:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Does the Au in your username signify Australia or gold?
ha lol I'm definatly not gold unless it signifies too heavy.

au that means Australia I am not all that creative with making up names anything will do.
Old 18-11-2010, 03:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_monarch
Doesn't nessessarily have to be Reiki though, does it? Isn't the laying on of hands considered energy work as well as being considered one of the way christians heal?

There is a difference of how Christians do hands on healing, and that being Christians do Spiritual healing. Which involves placing their hands on the person they are healing, blessing them, and asking for God to heal them on behalf of the person that they are healing. They are not working on an energetic level as an energy healer would be. And energy healer would be feeling blocks in the aura, etheric bodies, chakras. A spritual healer would be letting God do all of that. They just channel the healing and pray for them.
Old 18-11-2010, 03:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_monarch
Doesn't nessessarily have to be Reiki though, does it? Isn't the laying on of hands considered energy work as well as being considered one of the way christians heal?
yes it is but the laying on of hands has nothing to do with the persons abilities to christians. It signifies a channeling of the holy spirit to do the healing. Healing or working with using energy around bodies might be seen as a bit taboo to many. it isn't bothering me because I feelit and see it all around me, and others, so there is a natural curiosity to explore it
Old 18-11-2010, 04:59 AM
pre-dawn

Energy work is based on a de-personalized universe. This is incompatible with the Christian view. The American catholic Bishop's are correct when they state

Quote:
"since Reiki therapy is not compatible with either Christian teaching or scientific evidence, it would be inappropriate for Catholic institutions, such as Catholic health care facilities and retreat centres, or persons representing the Church, such as Catholic chaplains, to promote or to provide support for Reiki therapy."

One should recognize that this is, and must be, a traditional Christian's position and not just a Catholic one.

A Christian mystic will find this problematic, but how many can claim to be that? For most people the following would apply (bold emphasis added)
Quote:
But where reason was powerless, philosophers gave way to feeling and imagination. They dreamt of an intuition of the Divinity, of a direct contemplation and immediate possession of God. They imagined a notion of the universe and of human nature that would make possible such a union. They built systems in which the world and the human soul were considered as an emanation or part of the Divinity, or at least as containing something of the Divine essence and Divine ideas. The logical outcome was Pantheism.

This result was a clear evidence of error at the starting-point. The Catholic Church, as guardian of Christian doctrine, through her teaching and theologians, gave the solution of the problem. She asserted the limits of human reason: the human soul has a natural capacity (potentia obedientialis), but no exigency and no positive ability to reach God otherwise than by analogical knowledge. She condemned the immediate vision of the Beghards and Beguines (cf. Denzinger-Bannwart, "Enchiridion", nn. 474-5), the pseudo-Mysticism of Eckhart (ibid., nn. 501-29), and Molinos (ibid., nn. 2121-88), the theories of the Ontologists (ibid., nn. 1659-65, 1891-1930), and Pantheism under all its forms (ibid., nn. 1801-5), as well as the vital Immanence and religious experience of the Modernists (ibid., nn. 2071-109). But she teaches that, what man cannot know by natural reason, he can know through revelation and faith; that what he cannot attain to by his natural power he can reach by the grace of God. God has gratuitously elevated human nature to a supernatural state. He has assigned as its ultimate end the direct vision of Himself, the Beatific Vision. But this end can be reached only in the next life; in the present life we can but prepare ourselves for it with the aid of revelation and grace. To some souls, however, even in the present life, God gives a very special grace by which they are enabled to feel His sensible presence; this is true mystical contemplation. In this act, there is no annihilation or absorption of the creature into God, but God becomes intimately present to the created mind and this, enlightened by special illuminations, contemplates with ineffable joy the Divine essence.
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/10663b.htm
Old 18-11-2010, 05:09 AM
pre-dawn

And this from another website.
Quote:
True faith involves a repudiation of the self-deceit of experiential mystical means of reaching God, "for there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." The Lord Jesus stands ready to receive every sinner who will throw away his rebellion and pride and trust in Him alone for salvation!
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-ed...m-bennett.html
Old 18-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
Energy work is based on a de-personalized universe. This is incompatible with the Christian view. The American catholic Bishop's are correct when they state

One should recognize that this is, and must be, a traditional Christian's position and not just a Catholic one.

A Christian mystic will find this problematic, but how many can claim to be that? For most people the following would apply (bold emphasis added)
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/10663b.htm
yeah mate I have protestant background I dont know what tchristian mystics are, I had a look at your site and it and will consider it later. I have long since learned with the net and unusual topics I like to find at least 3 or more similar writings (website) preferably referenced and compare them before I start to consider things, its an old college habit.
thanks for posting that, I willlook i promise.

Energy work is based on a de-personalized universe. This is incompatible with the Christian view. see

what if- you used your fingers to massage someone you are using muscles driven by electrical energy impulses generated by your mind. Or you could see the fuzzy energy around you and attempted tp use that for good too in the same way, if you found out how. To tel you the truth its no big deal but you can use money, time, do teaching help out etc, sunday school or whatever your good at. to be used of god, could the ability
to and feel energy be used somewhere too?

Preferably not aura inspection day at church.. I think that would NOT go down too well.

Last edited by Lightspirit : 18-11-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Old 18-11-2010, 10:00 AM
pre-dawn

It is not that the same message comes the Christian camps only.

D.T. Suzuki, one of the most well-known Buddhists writes in a series of written exchanges with Thomas Merton:

There are two types of mentality which fundamentally differ one from the other: (1) affective, personal and dualistic; and (2) nonaffective, nonpersonal and nondualistic.Zen belongs to the latter and Christianity naturally to the former."
Father Merton's emptiness, when he uses that term, does not go far enough and deep enough, I am afraid ... Father Merton's emptiness is still on the level of God as Creator and does not go up to the Godhead [the absolute experience of reality offered by Zen].

Merton acknowledged this and replied: "It is clear that the strongly personalistic tone of Christian mysticism [...] generally seem to prohibit a full equation with Zen experience.

Quoted from "All is Change", by Lawrence Sutin, Little Brown and Company 2006

Energy healing takes place on the level of Zen's absolute experience, which is not compatible with Christianity.
IOW, one cannot be a Buddhist and a Christian at the same time. The same probably applies to Hinduism too.
Old 18-11-2010, 10:03 AM
pre-dawn

From the previous post one can also see that the Christian I AM which is the subject of so many other threads is nowhere near the Hindu/Buddhist I AM.
Old 18-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Kapitan_Prien

http://thinkunity.com/ - Christian Mystic website

There is a higher way and it is not about punishment and damnation. I feel people set up these alarms, but they are all only about security and power. The higher way transcends these tensions, anxieties and conflicts and flows into acceptance and love for all. As people gain some spiritual experience they seem to become calmer, more peaceful, loving individuals. It seems as people become quieter they start to be more sensitive, insightful and perceptive. They are no longer scattered, inefficient and confrontational as they tune themselves to the higher energies of love. May we all enjoy the deeper inner life and not let others kill the tender merciful presence of God.

I'll toss this in for good measure:

Purple Monkeyflower essence:

Positive qualities:
Inner calm and clarity when experiencing any spiritual or psychic phenomenon; the courage to trust in one's own spiritual experience or guidance; love-based rather than fear-based spirituality.

Patterns of imbalance:
Fear of the occult, or of any spiritual experience; fear of retribution if one departs from religious conventions of family or community.

Like the other Mimulus (Monkeyflower) species, Purple Monkeyflower addresses a state of fear within the soul. This flower particularly addresses fear related to experiences of a spiritual or psychic nature. Most typically, the Purple Monkeyflower is beneficial for those individuals whose great need for security and safety causes them to cling to conventional social-religious structures, even though these may not meet the real evolutionary needs of the soul. This prompts an inner guidance versus outer conventions or expectations.

The fear of “going astray” and following one’s own authentic path can further be accentuated by harsh or judgmental religious dogma which includes threats of retribution or condemnation. This remedy is a powerful cleanser and stabilizer for projections based on cultural-religious superstition.

Purple Monkeyflower is also indicated for intense fear, hallucinations, or paranoia that may result from abrupt or unexpected psychic openings, such as through drugs, cultic ritual abuse, or psychic manipulation. In such cases the soul develops profound fear of the spiritual world as being demonic or horrific. The path of healing for such souls is that of courage – to gain one’s own authentic experience by encountering spiritual phenomena in a calm and conscious manner. Through this courage, the soul is able to find true spiritual guidance, sustenance and support for life on Earth.