Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 16-11-2010, 10:25 PM
Deactivated Account

heather ~ very interesting the differences in the card decks, thank you for explaining and for sharing your insights !

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 16-11-2010, 11:16 PM
white_monarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
hi White Monarch,

Good idea on giving away the Karma cards. Nice idea to let those you are reading for, choose the deck . I really don't read for anyone else, on a rare occasion for a friend or two. Usually I am just using the decks for myself. It seems to go in stretches, some times I feel connected to one or two decks, and the cards I receive are so in sync with what is going on in my life... and sometimes, these cards just don't speak to me, and I choose another deck.

Oh I still like the animal messages deck, for awhile it seemed I was always seeing different animals and I liked checking on the messages. Lately it seems like I haven't been getting any animal messages at all.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Maybe they'll start talking to you again soon ^^
Old 21-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Summerkat

I really love Oracles. My very first one would have to be an unusual one called Insite. It came out, oh gosh, many years ago..its a board and a deck of cards. I had so many good readings with that one that it opened me up to Oracles. I got that at a time when there was like nothing around compared to today.

Since then I've purchased a number of Oracle decks. My favorite oracle is The Faeries Oracle by Brian Froud. I ***love*** this one. This is my main one.

Also I have Healing with the Fairies by Doreen Virtue. I also own a couple of her decks dealing with angels but they don't give me good readings at all. And I have her Unicorn one but haven't spent much time with it.

I've got a oracle based on Carl Jung's work..that one is pretty interesting.

I have another one thats more just a fun one, "Good Witch, Bad Witch." Got that one for next to nothing.

And I don't know if you count this or not, but I have Medicine Card which are more like an Oracle rather than a Tarot.

I'm probably forgetting one or two. Love Oracle decks :)
Old 21-11-2010, 02:40 PM
Deactivated Account

hi Summerkat,

Quite the variety of decks you have ! Sounds like some fun ones too Can you tell me who is the author for the " Good Witch, Bad Witch " ?

I have been hearing alot about the Fairies card decks and yes, Medicine decks count too. Are these like healing decks ? I have one or two of those.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 21-11-2010, 07:12 PM
Summerkat

Hi Dream Angel,

"Good Witch, Bad Witch" oracle is by Gillian Kemp. I don't have a link to photos or a review of the cards on this one. But I do for the Medicine Cards.

The Medicine Cards deck I have is by Jamie Sams & David Carson. If you'd like to see pics of some of the cards and a link to a review, Aeclectic Tarot has one here: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards...ds/index.shtml I would say that they are healing, yes. Mostly it is a deck for finding and working with your totems. I've done some with this deck but don't use all that often really anymore. Once I got Faeries Oracle, I just really stuck with that one.

Hope that helps some :)
Old 22-11-2010, 12:42 AM
Wynd

My first deck was the Mythic Tarot (gift from Mum), second was The Angel Oracle, then Titania's Fortune Cards and most recently Messages from your Animal Spirit Guide Oracle cards by Steven D. Farmer.

My favorites are the Tarot and Animal Guides. I've bought all except the Tarot and Angel cards (those were a gift from a friend, whose family's medium suggested them for me).

Really depends on what I feel most attracted to at the time of the reading :)
Old 22-11-2010, 10:59 AM
Deactivated Account

hi Wynd,

Welcome to the forum ! Cool name choice and lovely avatar .

I didn't realize there are so many Animal card decks, quite the variety . Thank you for sharing your card choices with us.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 22-11-2010, 11:01 AM
Deactivated Account

hi Summerkat,

Thank you for the author for the " Good Witch, Bad Witch " oracle cards.

And thanks for the Medicine cards link, not sure what I was thinking in the way of healing, but animal totems didn't come to mind. Looks like an interesting deck, will have to visit my local shop and take a closer look at this deck. And so many Fairie decks have been mentioned, just might need to look at some of those too. Their messages sound so light and fun !

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 22-11-2010, 03:20 PM
sunny shine

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
What was your first Oracle/ Angel card deck ?

"Ask your guides" - Sonia Choquette

Quote:
Originally Posted by [I
Did you choose it or did the deck choose you ? [/i]

I just went shopping, wanted to get a tarot card deck, then i found Ask your guides oracle card and bought it thinking its a tarot card deck. I have heard many audio CDs by sonia choquette and the first one that i heard was "Ask your guides" so think the card choose me

Quote:
Originally Posted by [I
If you have since then, acquired more card decks...is your first deck your favorite ? [/i]

I have only i deck of oracle cards for now
Old 22-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Summerkat

Dream Angel, you are welcome. About the faerie decks.. "Healing with the Fairies" by Doreen Virtue is a light one. There are no negative cards in it.

I wouldn't say that "The Faeries Oracle" by Brian Froud is light though. There is a mix of faeries in his deck and some of them deal with the harsher aspects of life. The cards are pretty in depth. And the intuitive information you get using them is incredible.

Have fun finding your new oracle :)