Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > UFOs

Old 01-05-2011, 05:07 AM
Scibat

Are we doomed, if aliens arrive?

A lot of scientists seem to think if aliens to actually come to Earth that they will be so advanced that to them we will be like insects, and treated about the same way.

Or a better example the way the first Europeans treated the native American peoples when they arrived, like primitive savages to be used and exploited.

Stephan Hawking is one of the scientists who supports this view. http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...king_thin.html

What do you think?
Old 01-05-2011, 07:54 AM
NetSeeker

Well, if you were to take a step back and look at this planet and it's people objectively you'd have no choice but to admit that the planet is in a poor shape and it's people, although capable of great good, tend to react violently to anything that they fear.

Plus, we've got weapons that are capable of destroying all life on our planet but we're not anywhere near mature enough as a race to actually own. We're like children running around with guns; bad things can only come of it.

I think the children analogy's probably best. Right now the different countries that influence the affairs on the planet are like a room full of kindergärtners, running around shouting, crying, hitting each other, etc. If an adult walks in there they're going to find it very difficult to get them all to settle down and have a reasonable discussion because all of the replies to their queries will be met with responses like 'But HE started it!' and the like.

When it comes to aliens arriving here we already know that they're more advanced just from that fact that they are capable of traveling through space. How mature they are as a species will dominate the actions they'd take next.

If they are not so mature they might very well do what you mentioned, enslave or destroy us as we are clearly inferior, rash, unreasoning and dangerous.
If they are mature they might try to teach us better ways of dealing with our problems or they might choose not to let us know they are there for fear of our no doubt violent and destructive reaction. Not so much for their own safety but rather for the planet at large.

Perhaps the last category would wait until we had calmed down considerably before letting us know they're out there.

Nobody can really say what the scenario will be until it happens. As it is, it's a pretty big universe and there's tons of possible life forms out there. It all just depends on who reaches us first what kind of scenario we'll be dealing with.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:19 AM
Ascender

I think that the Universe is so vast, with its billions of galaxies and billions of worlds, why would advanced civilizations arrive on our infant planet and to what end?

We perceive aliens as malevolent beings, because we ourselves are like that, so we measure the unknown by our own standard of living. But perhaps we have to think outside the box and imagine that aliens aren't all malicious.

The very fact that they have not arrived in large multitudes must speak of something by which they live by. They understand the laws of the cosmos, they get that we are still in our infancy so are not ready for their presence, and they understand that they are not allowed to interfere with our earthly affairs. Otherwise, if they were malevolent, they would paid no heed to this, and would have 'invaded' our planet ages ago, don't you think?
Old 01-05-2011, 07:40 PM
sruthy

I believe everything is for a reason...
And we are NOT doomed if aliens arrive on earth..We could make a few friends and walk around saying," Guess what,i got a new friend...An alien.!! Now that's cool or what?? "
Seriously,it's no big deal..
We are aliens to the beings that we consider aliens....lol..
And all of us have lived on several other planets...
Then why should we be scared?
Anyways,the important thing is,there's no need to be scared about it...
So don't worry about it... :)
Old 01-05-2011, 10:01 PM
Scibat

I think the argument isn't that aliens would be malicious, but just so FAR advanced (tens to hundreds of thousands of years) to be able to travel between the stars, that to them we are really little more than insects.

Do most of us give a second thought before squashing an insect?
Old 01-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
I think the argument isn't that aliens would be malicious, but just so FAR advanced (tens to hundreds of thousands of years) to be able to travel between the stars, that to them we are really little more than insects.

Do most of us give a second thought before squashing an insect?

Do most of us actively search out insects to squash?

Old 01-05-2011, 10:43 PM
sruthy

Ease up...
Have a positive outlook for life.. :)
Even if we are to get squashed up by the aliens, is there anything that we can do to stop it?
The answer is NO. Because everything that we have encountered and will encounter is chosen and agreed by our souls before we incarnate into the earth..
Old 01-05-2011, 10:45 PM
sruthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaere
Do most of us actively search out insects to squash?
good one...
Old 01-05-2011, 10:49 PM
Master
aliens walk among us already, just wait till you meet one, they are quite advanced beyond the ken of a majority of humans, and are quite a bit more spiritually realized as well, and while we may be much like insects in comparison to them, we havent been eradicated yet, so why think that we would be?
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 01-05-2011, 11:15 PM
Ascender
I think that any civilization that has achieved the technological advancement to travel between stars without destroying itself first would also be socially advanced enough not to be simple exploiters of others.

I don't think "Independence Day" will happen. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find that they already walk among us.