Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 21-07-2018, 02:59 PM
Newbie ;)

Car engine revving problem

Hi,

My car normal idles at ~600rpm, put it in neutral this is where it sits or if you're stopped at a light. Well three times now when I started it up the engine starts revving. It will rev up and down between 1,100 and 1,600rpm. It will shoot up to 1,600, drop down and as soon as it hits 1,100 it shoots back up to 1,600, over and over. It does this when it's in park or neutral. If I sit in drive at a light it refuses to drop below 1,100rpm. It just randomly happens, I'll start up my car to go to eat dinner and it does it, when I'm done with dinner and go home it's fine. I've tried turning it off and then back on immediately when it happens and it still does it. I've tried revving the engine in park and that doesn't affect anything. The only thing that seems to work is time, if I let it sit for 30+ minutes, next time I start it there is a very good chance it won't happen. However, the times it has happened my car has been sitting anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours. Like I said it's random. Anyone have this happen to them? Anyone know why it's happening? Any advice is appreciated.
Old 15-12-2018, 03:23 PM
Master

Welcome to the forum , some guesses would be a bad vacuum of throtle posion sw. problem with the e.c.m.or vacuum leek I am assuming it is fuel inj. not carburated . .if it were mine I would get used parts at a self sev auto wercking yard .
Old 16-12-2018, 08:32 AM
Deactivated Account
Sounds like throttle sensor fault. Make model of car?

Don't you think it would be better to ask this kind of question on a car forum? Strange that you would post something like that here. I could probably help you being as I was a mechanic for many years, but best ask somewhere else. Unless of course you think it's a spiritual problem? To me it sounds like throttle position sensor which depending on car is an easy fix
Old 16-12-2018, 08:36 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
Welcome to the forum , some guesses would be a bad vacuum of throtle posion sw. problem with the e.c.m.or vacuum leek I am assuming it is fuel inj. not carburated . .if it were mine I would get used parts at a self sev auto wercking yard .

Just re-read your post
Old 17-12-2018, 02:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo
Just re-read your post

Ok , it was a quick responce , with limited info to a question that the o.p. will probly not make any fololow up comments , by a guy that is bad at spelling . Also it is on a new age /para normal forum . Most hear are not auto mec.s .
Old 18-12-2018, 08:41 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Ok , it was a quick responce , with limited info to a question that the o.p. will probly not make any fololow up comments , by a guy that is bad at spelling . Also it is on a new age /para normal forum . Most hear are not auto mec.s .

Yes rat I understand that most here are not auto mechanics. That's why I asked the OP why post a question like that here? I guess then it's a spiritual question? Its unlikely the OP will come back anyway, only 1 post and it was months ago, who cares anyway.I'll probably be gone myself very soon with a bit of luck....the internet is a strange place, not great for me.
Old 18-12-2018, 01:51 PM
Master

I am going to put John Timber in my post and split pile . A few people will post the same question on a bunch of forums , then go with the post that gets an answer . I am not a pro. mec. but have done my own stuff since I was a kid . Most posts like this would of included more info , like my pu, 94 1/2 ton chv. 4.3l 4L60 E , tbi , ect. If I could not figure some thing out for my self , it was not in any of the manuals I have , i might check on some of the chv forums first . See if some one had all ready posted the question and what the other forums offered as a fix .
Old 18-12-2018, 03:14 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I am going to put John Timber in my post and split pile . A few people will post the same question on a bunch of forums , then go with the post that gets an answer . I am not a pro. mec. but have done my own stuff since I was a kid . Most posts like this would of included more info , like my pu, 94 1/2 ton chv. 4.3l 4L60 E , tbi , ect. If I could not figure some thing out for my self , it was not in any of the manuals I have , i might check on some of the chv forums first . See if some one had all ready posted the question and what the other forums offered as a fix .

Up until a few years ago a very rarely used the internet. Using forums to chat with people is still quite a new thing for me.

Actually this thread got me thinking. I built a motorbike a few years back. I invested a lot of my time and money into that bike. I stripped it nut and bolt, polished, painted, upgraded the whole bike. The bike got me a lot of attention (is what I wanted) but everytime I used it something would break on it. It was so strange that I sometimes use to sprinkle holy water on it. Just very very weird. Ive never owned or worked on anything like it. It did get me a lot of attention though, that bike use to glow, I invested do much energy into it. I sold it recently, it went cheap, I wanted it gone. Will not be replaced ever.
Old 19-12-2018, 02:48 PM
Master

I had a vw fast back , car was 70-72 1600 cc converted to a carb . time was in the early 80s . I got it in to a few wrecks and I kept burning one piston . On the air cooled VWs you replace the pistons and cyl s as a set I have all wayse been a care full driver .. I did have a thought that there was some kind of curse on this car . I have a post hear on wrecking yard ghosts from a few years ago . I visit a few self sev. wrecking yards for parts . You see a few cars/pus that are very badly dammaged and think some one must of been killed in that wreck .Then think are there ghost ghosts still hanging around hear .
Old 19-12-2018, 09:36 PM
Deactivated Account
Hey I'll check out your post on wrecking yard ghosts, sounds cool. I use to use wrecking yards a lot, i just buy online now. Cant say I've ever thought about the cars and people having been killed in them. If I knew that a car had been involved in a fatal I wouldn't touch it. Yes I believe some vehicles do bring bad luck. I'm very reluctant to buy another bike made buy Yamaha. I had a big crash on a Yamaha. Although I was lucky and came out of it okay, I wont buy another Yamaha. I believe some vehicles are cursed aswell. Whether my bike was cursed I don't know. I think the message was more about stop wasting my time trying to impress people and quit riding bikes. IDK, motorbikes was a big part of my life, that's kinda come to an end. I'll Always own a bike for transport, but as a lifestyle, it's over.