Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 06-03-2011, 03:33 AM
nightowl

Without air, I'm dead!

nightowl
Old 06-03-2011, 12:34 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
you dont believe it possible that there is anything beyond Truth??? that there are no new things to discover?? even that is an assumption isnt it? therefore, i respectfully disagree~!

Umm, I think you misunderstood. I was saying that there are ALWAYS new things to discover, and that "truth" is nothing more than a self-limitation.

CS
Old 06-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousSnowflake
"truth" is nothing more than a self-limitation.

CS
Is it truth that limits us CS or our interpretation of it to the exclusion of all else (greater truth) that is to be revealed?
Old 06-03-2011, 12:47 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze
I am Me!

I am me and this is here!

No wondering anymore.

But what is this Me that you are experiencing? What assumptions, limitations, or subconscious paradigms are tied into this idea? By calling yourself "me", what restrictions are you accepting? You must be accepting some, otherwise you would not describe yourself as the singular "me". By saying "I am Me" you are also saying "I am not you, her, him, this, that, or the other thing"

What is this "here" that you are experiencing? What assumptions, limitations, or subconscious paradigms are tied into this idea? By declaring you are "here", what restrictions are you accepting? You must be accepting some, otherwise you would not describe yourself as being in the singular location of "here". By saying "I am Here" you are also saying "I am not there, or at the top of Everest, or on the moon, or floating in the void 27 gigaparsecs z-axis from the point of the Big Bang."

Not saying I am right about any of this, or that you should even pay attention. Just encouraging some early-morning spiritual calisthenics.

CS
Old 06-03-2011, 12:51 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Is it truth that limits us CS or our interpretation of it to the exclusion of all else (greater truth) that is to be revealed?

Is there a difference between the two? IMHO, any declaration of "this is true" is an "interpretation to the exclusion of all else (greater truth) that is to be revealed". The best that I think can be said is "this is my truth for now".

CS
Old 06-03-2011, 12:54 PM
Master
Mmm ... its almost as if one (element) of truth leads to another and another and on it goes ...
Old 06-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
what do you know that is, beyond all doubt, true?

Hmmm. I dont know.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Enya

Truth is relative. Often, what we accept as truth can re-emerge as illusion, so one man's truth is another man's madness. I say - pay attention to what feels right for you, in this moment. Use that as your guideline until something else comes along to challenge and/or expand it. Change your truth if you wish to. If a truth makes you feel uncomfortable, seek an answer as to *why*... there's usually another, deeper truth in there.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:19 PM
claymation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
what do you know that is, beyond all doubt, true?

Not a damn thing. Everytime I begin to believe I know something, I find that I really don't know much at all. I'm always in the discovery phase I guess.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:21 AM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Mmm ... its almost as if one (element) of truth leads to another and another and on it goes ...

Exactly! We remake ourselves in every moment of our lives, forever deciding and declaring our ideas of self, which is to say our truths. Identicality from moment to moment is completely impossible; if there is one thing nature abhors more than a vacuum, it's stasis. We may be very similar from moment to moment, but we are never exactly the same. Every moment, we gain atoms and lose atoms from our bodies. Every moment some little part of us dies and another little part is born. Are we really so stuck in the mud as to think our truths do not change as well? What a deliciously chuckleable delusion!

CS