Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 03-02-2013, 11:29 AM
Pathfinder
Past lives

I would like to share this with you, and i hope this is the right section, if not i apologise. I hope to make this to the point and easy reading.

Last week, at the spiritualist guild i attend i received a message from the visiting medium, and something he asked was did my back itch, and i said yes and showed him where and he said they were my wings. I was totally dumbfounded, so came home and looked online to get some more information. I found Doreen Virtues website and there is a part at the bottom where it advises to write on a piece of paper a message to your guides asking to see your origins and also for them to help you remember, so i did.

I must say firstly, that what my guides, angels showed me although horrific, i am ok with and i am glad they showed me and gave me what i asked for.

But secondly, i'm wondering how other people here cope when shown their past lives?

This is what happened.

Everything is in darkness (I'm thankful i was not allowed to see) I am lying in bed with my husband next to me (I know he is there) and our house is on fire. It feels like i am floating on a river of lava and it is very painful. Yet I am calm and still, I know I'm dying and worried about my husband, is he ok? i think. I hope so i reply to myself. I know the time is fast approaching for me to pass over, just as our roof caves in i am propelled with great speed upwards through the flames, i can feel the difference from the heat to the fresh air of the night. Then I am shown we are walking, myself, my husband and another person across open land on a dusty track, i can see for miles, beautiful lush grass, hills, trees, blue sky. We come to a fork in the track, both directions signposted. Then i was woken up, i was in my bed, safe.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Pathfinder
I guess that means we don't cope when shown our past lives?
Old 09-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Benoit84

Hi FrogDog!

I've only had one memory of death, and that was of being shot by 2 British soldiers during the American Revolution. I was about 13 or so when I had the dream, and was fortunate enough not to feel the physical pain of being shot. At that time I didn't know much about the subject of past lives, so I sort of brushed it off as a crazy dream.

More recently I've had a dream that wasn't so pleasant involving me attacking others. Basically all I can do is acknowledge these dreams for what they are, the past. I've never had much anxiety over my memories, I find them very interesting and feel very thankful for whatever glimpses I get...even the not so nice ones. All I know is that Im safe in the here and now so I don't let them bother me so much. Sorry if I'm not much help!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:00 PM
Pathfinder
Thanks Benoit84 for your reply.

Your reply was definitely a help, thank you.

:-)
Old 19-02-2013, 08:34 PM
becomingkate

Fascinating story Frogdog!

My husband says that he believes he was a french sailor in a past life. He can see himself on the deck of a large ship, and he's wearing lightweight pants and a long sleeved shirt with red stripes on it. He feels afraid because there's a huge storm going on and the boat is being tossed around.

The dream/vision lasts only 30 seconds or so before he's swept off the deck of the boat by a huge wave, and he can feel himself being thrown into the water. That's when he wakes up.

In his present life, he's a bayman. He comes from a part of Newfoundland where the houses are right up on the water, and most of his family have been fishermen or lobstermen. His father used to bust his chops for being afraid of the water and wanting to avoid jobs that meant he'd always be on the water. In 1998 he moved to my province, smack dab in the middle of the prairies! He claims he feels safer here, and it's connected to the feeling that he was drowned in a past life.
Old 22-02-2013, 08:03 PM
Guide
Great post! I had my first past life experience via a dream when I joined the military. It was my first year in and I hated it (too much politics for me) and I had a dream that I was living in England in the 1600's as a male blacksmith (I'm female in this life) of some sort. I was making some kind of contraband weapon for the commoners IOT fight the King's army. I got caught, was chased through the woods and shot in the back with an arrow. I actually saw my spirit lift out of the body and I remember the incredible sense of peace. I also remember saying to myself as I lifted out, "Thank God that's over."
Since that dream (about 20 yrs ago), I have had several past life dreams that have coincided with waking life situations. Example: I was in an unfulfilling relationship with a man who deeply loved me and wanted marriage. I didn't want to marry him, but I didn't know why. I had a dream that showed me we were living in Victorian England. It was an arranged marriage in which I was twenty and male and he was twelve and female. I was so physically unattracted to the young woman as she still looked like a girl, but we were still forced to marry. It showed me that I was completely unfulfilled in that marriage. In this life, we never married because I just couldn't feel passion with him.
I would journal your dreams and see what else you learn. Best wishes!
Old 24-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Pathfinder
Thank you for sharing these, they are amazing experiences which prove to us that not only is there something more for us out there in the universe but that we go on and on.