Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 18-07-2013, 08:00 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I didn't used to believe in an "afterlife" (actually psychoslice said recently that there IS no afterlife....because we don't die! well said psycho!)
....Anyway, you kind of know what I mean.
I didn't believe stuff because I like to have solid evidence, and I never got any, and guessed it was the sort of thing one doesn't get solid evidence about....so gave up on the whole thing, and spirituality, etc, and just got on with living my life according to principles I hold dear in my Heart anyway, whether "Spirituality" meant anything to me or not.

Then my dog died. Yes I was grieving, but I've grieved before, and never had any revelations. I entertained the idea she might pass over into the spirit world, but honestly had no clue. I also knew we can go out of body. But in times in the past I'd had OBE's it never proved to me one way or the other that we or any other creatures, live after "death"....

Well I started to sense her about a month after she left. Very strongly. I couldn't dismiss these communications, and they were the strongest influence I'd ever known after someone I loved died. They were very living and very moving.
So then I went out of body one morning, fully aware and conscious. Very briefly. But during that 3-minute OBE, I actually encountered my dog, as a vibrant and very much alive creature. Touched her -and she was "real" alright. Real, alive, warm as toast, her actions and behaviour totally "herself" (except she didn't have any trace of sickness any more) A couple of little unexpected things happened in accordance with her character, which illustrated for me, that this was no hallucination/wish fulfillment/denial of grief....etc etc....
That short but tremendous event was hard enough evidence for me. I felt the implications of that experience are that if dogs pass through to a life in spirit -then we all must do.
I honestly don't know about God. I do sense a living God somehow, but am not clever enough to hold a debate about Him/It/Her. It doesn't matter. Just get on with wonder.

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing that, dear Tobi.

"Not clever enough"?! Of course you are! Just do what you do best - write from the heart.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 18-07-2013, 08:01 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
My belief in Spirit and the Afterlife is absolute....no doubts whatsoever... I've seen it, I have seen, heard and felt Spirit....It is all joyful and wonderful and it's called HOME.......

Beautifully put, dear Juanita!

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 18-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
Where else could you possibly go?

I fear Nothingness, always have done from such an early age.
Old 18-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Mazulu

I'm watching a Christian versus atheism debate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uvKH5qisgg

The Christian looks so alive and animated. The atheist is dressed like a vagabond and acts like his mental faculties are deteriorating. I think each person should choose a belief to thrive mentally, emotionally and spiritually..
Old 18-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazulu
I'm watching a Christian versus atheism debate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uvKH5qisgg

The Christian looks so alive and animated. The atheist is dressed like a vagabond and acts like his mental faculties are deteriorating. I think each person should choose a belief to thrive mentally, emotionally and spiritually..
You should go on you tube and watch the show called, the atheist experience, it really shows the ignorance of religion, the silly things they come up with to protect their beliefs, they get shot down every time lol.
Old 18-07-2013, 10:05 PM
Mazulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
You should go on you tube and watch the show called, the atheist experience, it really shows the ignorance of religion, the silly things they come up with to protect their beliefs, they get shot down every time lol.

Why? I'm just not impressed with atheism. The religious experience is healing to the human mind. By comparison, atheism leads to insanity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKaC0r1xMV0
Old 18-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Experiencer

My theory why people don't believe is that, In the Maya (Illusion) of this realm, the subject of death is swept under the carpert, put to the back of the mind, the subject avoided until one has to deal with a loved ones passing. I should know, this was me about 4 years ago, it was only when I stopped avoiding the subject and investigating, that I felt a sense of contentment I never had before.

I can listen to the news on the radio about someones ''passing'' and unlike before feel joy for that person, sympathy for the loved ones left behind, but as Don Piper (Notable NDE) said its temporary separation, a short goodbye. What awaits (hopefully) is a long hello.
Old 18-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Why? I'm just not impressed with atheism. The religious experience is healing to the human mind. By comparison, atheism leads to insanity.

It can lead to what you call insanity, but only if you still hold onto beliefs that are not truth, because of this you will be in two minds, and you cannot serve two masters, one will eventually win.
Old 18-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Mazulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
It can lead to what you call insanity, but only if you still hold onto beliefs that are not truth, because of this you will be in two minds, and you cannot serve two masters, one will eventually win.
Being of two minds probably will cause insanity. I guess you just have to make a choice. I am truly amazed at the subtlety in which spirit permeates the universe, down to the laws of quantum mechanics. Personally, I choose God.
Old 19-07-2013, 12:36 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:

My Dad was an Atheist. But he was a good man, talented, loving, devoted to his family, intelligent, good sense of humour, a musician. He played Chopin on the piano so exquisitely....no way could he be called "insane" !

By the way I do believe Sir David Attenborough (naturalist) is also an Atheist. Nutter? Don't think so. These people are entitled to the way they perceive things. It is possible that one day they may find out something different. But while they don't say they believe in God, they still live their lives in decent ways, and give a lot to the world.